Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 07:39 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
When did humans lose their thick foot pads and superior strength? When did you last visit Africa? Some of those tribesmen run around barefoot all their lives and not on mowed lawns either. Thick foot pads only develop from walking barefoot. Strength only develops from using one's body. I was one of the stronger kids (for my size) and I had tough feet, seeing as I ran around barefoot in the African bush as a kid. My feet quickly went soft from wearing shoes. I knew many very strong men in the work place, men who did manual labor or went to gym.
Sorry, but I see goal post shifting here. Now you are saying such things are not evolutionary traits. That's a convenient way to explain and brush off any difficulty, hey just claim it's not an evolutionary trait. If superior strength increased our primate ancestors survival chances (according to the fairy tale of evolution) then that trait should have kept being passed along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 08:04 AM

20,022 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sorry, but I see goal post shifting here. Now you are saying such things are not evolutionary traits. That's a convenient way to explain and brush off any difficulty, hey just claim it's not an evolutionary trait. If superior strength increased our primate ancestors survival chances (according to the fairy tale of evolution) then that trait should have kept being passed along.
The only thing that is shifting is your understanding of what natural selection has always been about. It is about the SURVIVAL of the fittest LONG ENOUGH TO REPRODUCE in greater numbers ... nothing more nor less has ever been claimed for it.

Of course as a verbal shorthand people speak of better or superior adaptations, usually in the context of a particular need or purpose. Because this fits your desired narrative that all evolutionists are arrogant turds who think they know better than god, that is what you hear / focus on. So you never see the nuances.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:22 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I think the most logical thing would be, for it to be blamed on Religious Deities by the people who don't believe they exist. A couple hundred posts along those lines by them will probably be sufficient.
You do realize that no one here in blaming the deity, right? People are making the point that IF THERE WERE a deity, then he did a crappy job designing us. This is not the same as blaming the deity. I wish I could say I was surprised, but really this is all you do. Come on and snipe at the non religious.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
The only thing that is shifting is your understanding of what natural selection has always been about. It is about the SURVIVAL of the fittest LONG ENOUGH TO REPRODUCE in greater numbers ... nothing more nor less has ever been claimed for it.
Oh I see, so the primates with the weaker traits outlived and reproduced more than the stronger ones. Then along the way, evolution decided to introduce completely brand new traits like a bigger brain and wide genetic variety among humans. If reproduction is the only mode of operation here then it makes absolutely no sense why we arrived with such traits. No sense why only humans have the desire to create things like art and music. Futhermore, if it is only about survival of the fittest for reproducing, why do we have homosexuals? That trait is highly counter productive to reproducing.

Other animals operate on instinct and programmed behavior all created in God's blueprint. Even the loving family dog is only really acting that way because of their programmed wolf pack instincts. It sees the human owner as the alpha dog.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Oh I see, so the primates with the weaker traits outlived and reproduced more than the stronger ones. Then along the way, evolution decided to introduce completely brand new traits like a bigger brain and wide genetic variety among humans. If reproduction is the only mode of operation here then it makes absolutely no sense why we arrived with such traits. No sense why only humans have the desire to create things like art and music. Futhermore, if it is only about survival of the fittest for reproducing, why do we have homosexuals? That trait is highly counter productive to reproducing.

Other animals operate on instinct and programmed behavior all created in God's blueprint. Even the loving family dog is only really acting that way because of their programmed wolf pack instincts. It sees the human owner as the alpha dog.
As expected, Jeffery did not read the posts showing him the error in his thinking about evolution, and did not do the research about evolution (and why we have developed and lost traits and how) as suggested....

Old 12-03-2015, 10:41 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
As expected, Jeffery did not read the posts showing him the error in his thinking about evolution, and did not do the research about evolution (and why we have developed and lost traits and how) as suggested....
I trust you're not surprised.

Fundies have no interest in truth or reality when it conflicts with their "holy" book. They cause tremors that threaten the shaky foundation upon which their weak faith rests.

So they cling to lies and deliberate misunderstandings about evolution, in order to keep their fairy tale beliefs alive.

If they possess an average IQ and a high school education they are equipped with the tools necessary to parse truth from myth when presented with both. Those who continually refuse to do so lack character and/or are simply too terrified at the prospect of abandoning their comforting fairy tales to even try.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I trust you're not surprised.

Fundies have no interest in truth or reality when it conflicts with their "holy" book. They cause tremors that threaten the shaky foundation upon which their weak faith rests.

So they cling to lies and deliberate misunderstandings about evolution, in order to keep their fairy tale beliefs alive.

If they possess an average IQ and a high school education they are equipped with the tools necessary to parse truth from myth when presented with both. Those who continually refuse to do so lack character and/or are simply too terrified at the prospect of abandoning their comforting fairy tales to even try.
Oh no, I am not surprised. I am well aware that people like Jeff and others on this forum have no interest whatsoever in broadening their understanding of things like evolution. According to them, they already know all the answers, so why study it?

I think it is a deliberate thing. They don't want to understand it. If they did, they wouldn't be spouting nonsense that they read on Christian sites and things their pastor tells them without verifying them first. They would actually study up on things and gain a working knowledge as to not sound ridiculous in debates.

Then you have others who actually do study it, but with the sole purpose of trying to find flaws so they can insert "Goddunnit".

Old 12-03-2015, 11:12 AM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times
If ignorance is evidence for God, then ignorance will be defended at all costs.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Oh no, I am not surprised. I am well aware that people like Jeff and others on this forum have no interest whatsoever in broadening their understanding of things like evolution. According to them, they already know all the answers, so why study it?

I think it is a deliberate thing. They don't want to understand it. If they did, they wouldn't be spouting nonsense that they read on Christian sites and things their pastor tells them without verifying them first. They would actually study up on things and gain a working knowledge as to not sound ridiculous in debates.

Well why should I listen to anyone who comes at me with a condescending type rhetoric? I've said it before. If atheists simply approached the conversation with some common courtesy and friendliness, I could be more apt to consider your "evidence" instead of being put on the defensive all the time. With that said, you would have enormous mountain to overcome if you are going to convince me that I arrived from a primate and not my heavenly Father. Atheists are just as bad as accepting without question anything their skeptic brethen shovels out there as long as it involves something attacking Christianity.

Quote:

Then you have others who actually do study it, but with the sole purpose of trying to find flaws so they can insert "Goddunnit".
My biggest problem with skeptics and atheism is the impenetrable attitude that they can never be wrong about anything, and they are the supreme expert of all things and Christians like myself are just hopelessly ignorant and stupid. You see when you resort to terminology like referring to the Bible as primitive written by ignorant goat herders then you lose credibility with me.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:22 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Evolution has already been explained to you now dozens of time, and that's just this thread. If you still don't get it, you're the problem.

Also, still waiting for you to answer my one question: how to all the things you point out as being ideal act as evidence for the existence of God? Since you're so knowledgeable on the subject, I'd like an answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality