Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 02:32 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL!!!

So anyway, Jeff. Have that evidence? We are waiting.

p.s. Was "unforgivable love" a Freudian slip?
He won't even go into this thread I started on definition of evidence and give his version.

He's a typical Christian apologist. All talk no show lots of disingenuous blather and frankly not very honorable either. I had hoped that it would actually make a real contribution to that other thread, but he has chosen not to take part in it.

He has define himself of what he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 02:33 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not going to happen.

It's SOP for fundamentalists to claim they have proof, evidence, blah, blah, blah.....then blame the non-fundies as the reason they won't reveal this supposed evidence.

Making non-fundies the bad guys absolves them of all responsibility.
If I post proof #100 to show you are wrong, will u admit it?

Old 12-04-2015, 02:35 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Ignoring it doesn't mean it's not there.
You saying something is so does not prove something is so. It is not a matter of ignoring something you say. It is a matter of you proving what you say.

Quote:
We do have fossils that show the transition from aquatic to land based animals (from whales). DNA studies also play a role in determining what species are closely related to what.
Actually you don't have transition fossils from whales to land based animals.

Quote:
"Knuckle draggers" as you call them don't exist. The species that humans evolved from is extinct. All that remains are it's ancestors, like humans and chimpanzees.
Oh how convenient. Not only are the species humans evolved from extinct, they left no trace they ever existed. Yet all the other knuckle draggers left evidence of their existence.

Quote:
Then my view on evolution is distinct from faith as I have seen the evidence.
Actually, you have not. All you have seen are cartoons made up by evolutionists with wild imaginations.

Quote:
Circular logic.
It is still the truth. Jesus said God created Adam and Eve. Jesus never lied. Therefore Jesus told the truth concerning Adam and Eve.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why are you trying to put preconditions on this? If you've got proof.... post it. If you have evidence.... post it. Whether or not I'm right or wrong is irrelevant. You made a claim and you refuse to back it up. This is all on you, Jeffy.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Why are you trying to put preconditions on this? If you've got proof.... post it. If you have evidence.... post it. Whether or not I'm right or wrong is irrelevant. You made a claim and you refuse to back it up. This is all on you, Jeffy.
This.

Jeff, you said you have evidence. You have it...or you don't.

Anyone can SAY they have anything. I can say I have Einstein's right femur in my closet on a little velvet pillow but unless I whip it out and show you, I may as well be saying anything and my words are not to be trusted, nor does my position have any credence.

If you're going to claim you have evidence in order to cement that you must be "right" about your position, then you produce the evidence, and not under your own conditions, but simply because the evidence exits (or doesn't)...period.

So either show it, or stop claiming there's "evidence" because we can only assume in that case that you're lying and therefore your argument has no merit and is to be discarded.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Lol typical from you. I won't bother.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:21 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Not going to happen.
It's SOP for fundamentalists to claim they have proof, evidence, blah, blah, blah.....then blame the non-fundies as the reason they won't reveal this supposed evidence.
Making non-fundies the bad guys absolves them of all responsibility.
Quote:
Quote:
Jeff knows in his heart of hearts that what he considers proof is NOT what we consider proof. That is his problem. He is trying to get you to accept that what he considers proof is proof you would accept. It is a silly game and has no useful outcome. The issue of what constitutes evidence is discussed in another thread, but jeff will not agree with the conclusions in it.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This.

Jeff, you said you have evidence. You have it...or you don't.

Anyone can SAY they have anything. I can say I have Einstein's right femur in my closet on a little velvet pillow but unless I whip it out and show you, I may as well be saying anything and my words are not to be trusted, nor does my position have any credence.

If you're going to claim you have evidence in order to cement that you must be "right" about your position, then you produce the evidence, and not under your own conditions, but simply because the evidence exits (or doesn't)...period.

So either show it, or stop claiming there's "evidence" because we can only assume in that case that you're lying and therefore your argument has no merit and is to be discarded.

Again, why should I waste my time presenting evidence to an audience who is preconditioned strongly to reject all evidence that supports Christianity?

Old 12-04-2015, 03:25 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Lol typical from you. I won't bother.
Yea, how dare her ask you to actually post the proofs you claim to have! How dare she!

You are the one refusing to post the proof you claim you have. If it is indeed proof or evidence, then what we think would be irrelevant. So post it, or don't. By not posting it you are just fueling the fire.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Again, why should I waste my time presenting evidence to an audience who is preconditioned strongly to reject all evidence that supports Christianity?
Um, because you're the one who brought it up, apparently as something significant?

You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality