Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 01:22 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
See how easily you dismiss it. We got people saying a truck started by itself and drove off and they saw apparitions. Your response? Mockey. And no, that is not all the evidence I claim. I said earlier today that I had presented documented cases of miracle healings.

Listen, all you done is shown me the type of response I would get if I posted my list of evidences..

I am not going to waste my time anymore on this topic.
Aliens landed in my back yard last night. For real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 01:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Every single person on the crew was a Christian when Hollywood is typical liberal and anti-Christian? Wow talk about desperation to combat me on every single thing I post.
Show me where I said every single person on the crew was a Christian.

Tic...toc. Tic...toc.

The truth is, Jeffy, a lot of Christians work in the industry. You believe a myth promoted by people who have some idiotic ideas about Hollywood.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:26 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Show me where I said every single person on the crew was a Christian.

Tic...toc. Tic...toc.

The truth is, Jeffy, a lot of Christians work in the industry. You believe a myth promoted by people who have some idiotic ideas about Hollywood.
Ok then you have no point. If a single atheist was on the crew reporting these events then there is no religious motivation involved here.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:28 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Aliens landed in my back yard last night. For real.
Pointless mockery.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:32 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Pointless mockery.
It's not pointless at all.

My point was obvious: anyone can tell a story or make a claim about highly improbable events.

I had lunch with Santa Claus last Saturday night. Then, Jesus told me that the Mormons are the only people going to heaven.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Pointless mockery.
I totally saw his point. He's trying to show you how useless and frustrating it is to be told, "X is totally true no matter how improbable it sounds to you...and you can't disprove it...therefore, I'm obviously correct."

You can't turn this around and see how your words sound to some of us and how you make it so that there can't actually be a real, beneficial/enlightening discussion?

Old 12-07-2015, 01:43 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,660 times
Quote:
In other words, it is impossible to prove anything in life according to you. The atheist fantasy world is maddening.
According to you, personal experiences are enough for you to believe something. So......

I have a Unicorn named Rainbow. That's all the proof you need for you to believe I have a unicorn, right? I have also spoken to God on multiple occasions, and he has told me how much he dislikes fundamentalists. He told me that you guys need to stop hating on people and let people live their lives in peace. After all, he told me that as long as you aren't a jerk you are good to go! Oh wait.... it is only enough evidence if it feeds your confirmation bias.... Sorry, I forgot...

Old 12-07-2015, 01:48 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,231,510 times
This whole discussion is a first for me. A believer using belief in supposed paranormal events as corroborating evidence for belief in God. Freak's aliens comment was right on target. Cuckoos can only mate with cuckoos. That right there is proof for God.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Ok then you have no point. If a single atheist was on the crew reporting these events then there is no religious motivation involved here.
Actually, Jeffy, my point was you have a problem with the truth. You like to make up stuff and claim people say things they never said. Did no one tell you that is a sin or is that covered under "Lying for Jesus"?

Old 12-07-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Then, Jesus told me that the Mormons are the only people going to heaven.
He said, basically....sort-of...same vein, the same thing on Saturday Night Live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality