Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 09:35 PM

11,031 posts, read 5,993,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please post your proof from the time machine to show as 100% fact that we evolved from primates. Oh wait, it's still just a theory in the REAL world.
I'm not sure what you mean by "still just a theory". Consider this, creation isn't even a theory. How does that sound? Creation has no explanation, no mechanism, no evidence, no theory, no nothing. Evolution on the other hand, has explanation, has evidence (fossils), has more evidence (shared characteristics), has even more evidence (genetics), has a theory (the theory of evolution).

Evolution is not an idea or concept - that would be a hypothesis. There is no hypothesis of evolution. Creation on the other hand, is a hypothesis.

Would you like to know the theory of rocketry? It's 'still just a theory'. Well actually, it's the theory. See what I mean? A theory describes how something works. It's a confusing word because it has it is misused in common talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 09:49 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "still just a theory". Consider this, creation isn't even a theory. How does that sound? Creation has no explanation, no mechanism, no evidence, no theory, no nothing. Evolution on the other hand, has explanation, has evidence (fossils), has more evidence (shared characteristics), has even more evidence (genetics), has a theory (the theory of evolution).

Evolution is not an idea or concept - that would be a hypothesis. There is no hypothesis of evolution. Creation on the other hand, is a hypothesis.

Would you like to know the theory of rocketry? It's 'still just a theory'. Well actually, it's the theory. See what I mean? A theory describes how something works. It's a confusing word because it has it is misused in common talk.
Jeff has been told that many times before. He just likes to play ignorant.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:19 PM

371 posts, read 338,017 times
Only a theory is a horribly ignorant statement.

Theories are even more powerful than facts. The theory of evolution explains precisely a multitude of facts(like the fact that organisms change over time=evolve). You seem to deny/twist these facts...so are lying and going against your religion.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:52 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

Oh I'm sure you know exactly what I've meant. The bottom line is you have no conclusive proof that we evolved from primates. Period. OTOH, there is plenty of evidence to support the supernatural. And if the supernatural is possible then you have to allow for the possibility that God exists.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:10 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Unfortuantely that is Jeff's standard MO, he makes claims and accusations mostly totally unfounded and will never back them up. If you post links or reasons why his claims are incorrect or even that he is mistaken he comes back with claiming that you insulted his intelligence and that you are claiming that you know everything about anything. The bolded text is the reason for much of the run ins that I had with Jeff. And Jeff I do mean only the bolded text not the rest of that sentence.

His objections to evolution were answered by yourself and me plus how evolution actually does work has been explained to him and others but they do not want to understand it. That goes against their religious beliefs. The biggest problem I see is that they want science to add that maybe God did it in many scientific disciplines and they fail to understand that adding that God might have been involved removes it from science into opinion.
I have noticed this as well.

I also noticed that people like Jeff have no interest whatsoever in learning about things like evolution. According to them, they already have all the answers, so why waste time on science? Unless, of course, they want to try and find some little thing they can use against science to say, "Goddunnit".

They are scared to death of losing faith, so they just avoid or ignore anything that may test it.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please post your proof from the time machine to show as 100% fact that we evolved from primates. Oh wait, it's still just a theory in the REAL world.
Please post your proof from the time machine to show as 100% fact that we are mud people made by a god. Oh wait, it's still just your opinion in the REAL world.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornincali View Post
Only a theory is a horribly ignorant statement.

Theories are even more powerful than facts. The theory of evolution explains precisely a multitude of facts(like the fact that organisms change over time=evolve). You seem to deny/twist these facts...so are lying and going against your religion.
Theories are often disproven.
I am sure the theory of evolution will soon be disproven. It is illogical especially with current advances in science.

The odds of just the single cell coming together with all its very many parts and all the coding having to be perfectly in place from the very start of the cells existence rules out evolution. The odds of evolution bringing about just the single cell is 1 in trillions and trillions and trillions. It would be akin to some chemicals getting together and accidentally building a fully functioning nuclear submarine.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:15 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Please post your proof from the time machine to show as 100% fact that we are mud people made by a god. Oh wait, it's still just your opinion in the REAL world.
That is based on faith just as evolution is based on faith.

You have no real proof humans evolved from the single cell. But scientists pronounce it as a fact without proof. It is faith based.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is based on faith just as evolution is based on faith.

You have no real proof humans evolved from the single cell. But scientists pronounce it as a fact without proof. It is faith based.
Oh, we have plenty of real world proof, you just choose to ignore it. Creationism however, has nothing but a book of stories.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:19 AM

761 posts, read 833,211 times
Everyone seems to have their balls up over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality