Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 04:23 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm sorry--I thought I saw you ask those of jeff.

Obviously their brothers and sisters.

Yes. Everyone deserved to be executed. Even children. They were stained from birth with the sin of Adam.

Keep in mind that God is sovereign and he can do what he wants with his creation. It's sinful and evil when human beings murder, but God can do what he wants.
Sometime I think people who believe vicious crap like this should be locked up....Excuse me while I take a shower....For some reason I feel dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 04:23 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Even more nutty.....is people that can't even say objectively that ANYTHING is wrong..because all they've got is their own opinions.

Yay for the atheist worldview.
Seems like it are the atheists saying that killing infants is wrong and s9me Christians who state that if God did it it must be right. So is killing infants morally wrong? 6es or no for the objective answer.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:

Yes. Everyone deserved to be executed. Even children. They were stained from birth with the sin of Adam.

Keep in mind that God is sovereign and he can do what he wants with his creation. It's sinful and evil when human beings murder, but God can do what he wants.
So incest was part of the bible.

That is not "objective morality". Objective morality would be the same for man or god. If it isn't then it is subjective.

You honestly believe that infants are evil and deserve death?

Old 04-08-2016, 04:40 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Let's see, when God doesn't take action against evil men = God is evil

When God takes action as a last resort against evil men = God is evil

Please tell me how a human being could come up with a more moral solution.
Um, perhaps zapping dead only those who do evil, instead of the entire world? Judging on a case by case basis?

Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Um, perhaps zapping dead only those who do evil, instead of the entire world? Judging on a case by case basis?
But those evil infants had to die!

Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:

It would have made more sense then to NOT spare the 8 people in the ark, since they were stained with the sin of Adam too. Just wipe out the entire affair and start over. Create a better race of beings not stained with sin.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
But those evil infants had to die!

I feel so much safer, knowing that they are dead.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
People, step back and look at this discussion. It could not be crazier.
So true.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Even more nutty.....is people that can't even say objectively that ANYTHING is wrong..because all they've got is their own opinions.

Yay for the atheist worldview.
Nonsense. It's obviously wrong to commit mass murder. What's nutty is to insist a "god" which does so is worthy of worship.

Even if the god of the Bible existed, I would still choose to give it the exact amount of adoration it deserves: none at all.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I have zero reason to believe in Thor. I have numerous reasons to believe I serve the one true God. I've had supernatural experiences. I've wrestled with the enemy. My family and friends have had supernatural experiences. I've seen people healed through the power of prayer. But even ignoring all that, the message of the gospel even on a logical plane makes sense. One of those messages is that faith in Christ defeats fear. In your world, fear is just an emotion. In reality, fear is a force on a spiritual level that chokes the very life out of you the more that you give into it. It paralyzes people. Then there is the message of uconditional love and forgiveness. In your world, respect has to EARNED, love is conditional and so is forgiveness. That does not make for a pleasant society. I don't want to live in a society where I have to do things first before someone gives me some common decency and respect.
Today I observed a schizophrenic yelling angrily at voices only she could hear. The voices aren't real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality