U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 AM
 
37 posts, read 3,891 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes. According to Christians, every single man and boy in the city was gay.
No, it is according to what the story in God's word says. If you wish to defend Sodom and Gomorrah, go ahead. I know that Abraham's pleadings ran out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
15,310 posts, read 10,337,831 times
Reputation: 2611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
No, it is according to what the story in God's word says. .
Your 'God's word' doesn't say anything about sex being the reason for the destruction of S+G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM
 
37 posts, read 3,891 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Your 'God's word' doesn't say anything about sex being the reason for the destruction of S+G
Genesis : 19 ….it says; Before they had gone to bed , all the men from every part of the city of Sodom- both young and old- surrounded the house. They called to Lot "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so that we can have sex with them."...……...

In chapter 18 it says; Then the Lord said, the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know. The men turned away and went toward Sodom...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,026 posts, read 54,537,410 times
Reputation: 66369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What did Sod and Gom have to do with sex?
How many times do I have to splain this to you?

S&G is destroyed to move the plot forward. Lot and his family are left alone. Then the wife disobeys the angels by looking back and gets turned into a pillar of salt. That leaves Lot and his two daughters, who have sex with their drunken father while they are living in isolation in the mountains, all to demonstrate how the Ammonites and Moabites are descended from a couple of inbred bastards.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,791 posts, read 13,408,706 times
Reputation: 11669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How many times do I have to splain this to you?

S&G is destroyed to move the plot forward. Lot and his family are left alone. Then the wife disobeys the angels by looking back and gets turned into a pillar of salt. That leaves Lot and his two daughters, who have sex with their drunken father while they are living in isolation in the mountains, all to demonstrate how the Ammonites and Moabites are descended from a couple of inbred bastards.
Whoa! There's some racy stuff in that collection of old pamphlets!

I'm fanning myself over here in an attempt to fend off the vapors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,026 posts, read 54,537,410 times
Reputation: 66369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Whoa! There's some racy stuff in that collection of old pamphlets!

I'm fanning myself over here in an attempt to fend off the vapors.
I know. I started finding all the good stuff in the Bible when I was about 12 or 13. Sons of kings raping their half-sisters, a fine upstanding man going to a hooker only to find out the next day that she was his daughter-in-law, dude masturbating so that his dead brother's wife wouldn't get pregnant and his kids be attributed to the dead brother. All sorts of stuff, even better than the men's underwear section in the Sears catalog. But not quite as good as the magazines my older brother kept under his bed.

Take deep, cleansing breaths, TroutDude, and think about fishing.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 AM
 
4,323 posts, read 880,603 times
Reputation: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Sodom and Gomorrah were places where sexual deviance was practiced in every way. Which you can see by how the two Angels who went to warn Lot were received there by the towns people.
Lot? Is that the same Lot who offered his virgin daughters to be raped rather than the "angels" being accosted? Yeah, that sounds like someone who has morals, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 09:40 AM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
11,175 posts, read 10,995,744 times
Reputation: 7412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Your 'God's word' doesn't say anything about sex being the reason for the destruction of S+G
S&G were destroyed because they were inhospitable to strangers. You can look it up.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
15,310 posts, read 10,337,831 times
Reputation: 2611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Genesis : 19 ….it says; Before they had gone to bed , all the men from every part of the city of Sodom- both young and old- surrounded the house. They called to Lot "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so that we can have sex with them."...……...

In chapter 18 it says; Then the Lord said, the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know. The men turned away and went toward Sodom...
Yes, but the 'sin' of S+G was that they were haughty, inhospitable and uncaring.

Ezekiel 49-50, 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.'

Can you point out where it mentions that the cities were destroyed because of sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
15,310 posts, read 10,337,831 times
Reputation: 2611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
S&G were destroyed because they were inhospitable to strangers. You can look it up.
Quite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top