Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes. According to Christians, every single man and boy in the city was gay.
No, it is according to what the story in God's word says. If you wish to defend Sodom and Gomorrah, go ahead. I know that Abraham's pleadings ran out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
No, it is according to what the story in God's word says. .
Your 'God's word' doesn't say anything about sex being the reason for the destruction of S+G

Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times
Quote:
Your 'God's word' doesn't say anything about sex being the reason for the destruction of S+G
Genesis : 19 ….it says; Before they had gone to bed , all the men from every part of the city of Sodom- both young and old- surrounded the house. They called to Lot "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so that we can have sex with them."...……...

In chapter 18 it says; Then the Lord said, the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know. The men turned away and went toward Sodom...

Old 06-12-2019, 08:47 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
What did Sod and Gom have to do with sex?
How many times do I have to splain this to you?

S&G is destroyed to move the plot forward. Lot and his family are left alone. Then the wife disobeys the angels by looking back and gets turned into a pillar of salt. That leaves Lot and his two daughters, who have sex with their drunken father while they are living in isolation in the mountains, all to demonstrate how the Ammonites and Moabites are descended from a couple of inbred bastards.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How many times do I have to splain this to you?

S&G is destroyed to move the plot forward. Lot and his family are left alone. Then the wife disobeys the angels by looking back and gets turned into a pillar of salt. That leaves Lot and his two daughters, who have sex with their drunken father while they are living in isolation in the mountains, all to demonstrate how the Ammonites and Moabites are descended from a couple of inbred bastards.
Whoa! There's some racy stuff in that collection of old pamphlets!

I'm fanning myself over here in an attempt to fend off the vapors.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:17 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Whoa! There's some racy stuff in that collection of old pamphlets!

I'm fanning myself over here in an attempt to fend off the vapors.
I know. I started finding all the good stuff in the Bible when I was about 12 or 13. Sons of kings raping their half-sisters, a fine upstanding man going to a hooker only to find out the next day that she was his daughter-in-law, dude masturbating so that his dead brother's wife wouldn't get pregnant and his kids be attributed to the dead brother. All sorts of stuff, even better than the men's underwear section in the Sears catalog. But not quite as good as the magazines my older brother kept under his bed.

Take deep, cleansing breaths, TroutDude, and think about fishing.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Sodom and Gomorrah were places where sexual deviance was practiced in every way. Which you can see by how the two Angels who went to warn Lot were received there by the towns people.
Lot? Is that the same Lot who offered his virgin daughters to be raped rather than the "angels" being accosted? Yeah, that sounds like someone who has morals, doesn't it?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:40 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
S&G were destroyed because they were inhospitable to strangers. You can look it up.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Genesis : 19 ….it says; Before they had gone to bed , all the men from every part of the city of Sodom- both young and old- surrounded the house. They called to Lot "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so that we can have sex with them."...……...

In chapter 18 it says; Then the Lord said, the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know. The men turned away and went toward Sodom...
Yes, but the 'sin' of S+G was that they were haughty, inhospitable and uncaring.

Ezekiel 49-50, 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.'

Can you point out where it mentions that the cities were destroyed because of sex?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
S&G were destroyed because they were inhospitable to strangers. You can look it up.
Quite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality