Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 05:38 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No disrespect, but I don't believe for a second that it's just a case of providing enough proof. If you haven't seen enough so far, nothing I can provide will do it. You are too closed-minded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Like are you too closed-minded to see the evidence that leads us to believe that gods do not exist?
Actually, it is our open mindedness that brought us to critically examine the facts and draw our conclusions. For example, the earth could not have come into existence by two different mechanisms at two different times. Geological evidence is all right there in our faces, so why would anyone even consider magic as the mechanism? And speaking it or breathing it into existence is magic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 10:36 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
While I, in no way, am saying (or feeling) that you NEED to believe in God, it's starting to seem that you are needing me not to.
Wow. Just gave you a rep. That is really profound when you think of it, and it is so true. They need you to not believe just as much as some Christians need you to believe. Both are just a turnoff.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:56 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Wow. Just gave you a rep. That is really profound when you think of it, and it is so true. They need you to not believe just as much as some Christians need you to believe. Both are just a turnoff.
No. I do not care if believers believe what they do. I rather enjoy the cultural richness enhanced by religions.

What I do want is people to stop interfering in other peoples lives because they can not recognize a bad argument when they see one, or are so deluded they need to lie to themselves.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:00 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Actually, it is our open mindedness that brought us to critically examine the facts and draw our conclusions. For example, the earth could not have come into existence by two different mechanisms at two different times. Geological evidence is all right there in our faces, so why would anyone even consider magic as the mechanism? And speaking it or breathing it into existence is magic.
You fail to consider the most basic questions of origins. Where did the mass, space, etc come from? How did it all start? What triggered it? What existed prior?

Old 05-31-2018, 11:06 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
You fail to consider the most basic questions of origins. Where did the mass, space, etc come from? How did it all start? What triggered it? What existed prior?
The same can be asked of your god and what/how it used to create everything from no thing.

BFun, would you agree at some point there was just god and no thing else?

What ya think BFun?

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 05-31-2018 at 11:29 AM..

Old 05-31-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
We've done that already. It IS amazing how we fail to consider things we have already considered.

What you fail to consider is just how improbable your god actually is.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
We've done that already. It IS amazing how we fail to consider things we have already considered.

What you fail to consider is just how improbable your god actually is.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Do not blame me, even your creationists admit it. Using maths, too. Bad maths that ignores things like chemistry, but still maths.

I find it quiet funny when they straw man evolution using proteins, they do not realize they have just argued against their god.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Do not blame me, even your creationists admit it. Using maths, too. Bad maths that ignores things like chemistry, but still maths.

I find it quiet funny when they straw man evolution using proteins, they do not realize they have just argued against their god.
ok? You're bringing up arguments I'm not making.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
ok? You're bringing up arguments I'm not making.
I know. I was just pointing out even the creationists are not on your side, even though they think they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality