Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.

May I step into the circle? For the last almost 2 years since the circle was started, I have watched in the background and quietly shared your joys and sorrows. It was my escape from the stresses of my demanding job.

I would like to renew my spirit this year. I have a lot of new beginnings with this new year.

Blessings,
pnc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 03:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
May I step into the circle? For the last almost 2 years since the circle was started, I have watched in the background and quietly shared your joys and sorrows. It was my escape from the stresses of my demanding job.

I would like to renew my spirit this year. I have a lot of new beginnings with this new year.

Blessings,
pnc
pnc, it's good that you have decided to come and sit with us and you're more than welcome, sometimes it's good to have a place to come and sit and just listen, one does not have to participate in conversation to sit within the sacred circle..

Old 01-08-2010, 04:50 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
Being quiet can be good..........

I'll be quiet now.............

Old 01-08-2010, 06:38 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
pnc, it's good that you have decided to come and sit with us and you're more than welcome, sometimes it's good to have a place to come and sit and just listen, one does not have to participate in conversation to sit within the sacred circle..
I agree, this is a good place to come, even if one doesn't always actively participate. I don't "converse" much, but I check in, everyday, to see what's going on in the lives, and spirits of my friends, here in our circle. It lifts my heart, and gives my soul things to ponder.

PNC, welcome to our circle!

Old 01-09-2010, 03:19 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,544 times
Here, I'll scoot over and make room. Welcome.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:29 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
OrionsAngel, Things are fine, thank you for asking. Sounds like your daughter is a strong person. College is hard, even for young people just out of high school. I'm sure she will get the hang of it, and tell her good luck and good wishes from the circle.
Thank you my friend, I shall pass a great hug to her from you and the circle, I will introduce her to this circle and hope she will come and join us one day. She is 10th generation American Patriot decended with Gaelic or Celtic culture origination. She has a gift of premonitions, and I know she will survive, she just needs to learn how. It wont be easy, but it will be worth it!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,544 times
Somehow this cybercircle seems to create a feeling of peace and friendship for those of us who come here. CeltcLady, it is good to see you have posted again. OrionsAngel, we would like to see your daughter here in the circle.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
Thank you my friend, I shall pass a great hug to her from you and the circle, I will introduce her to this circle and hope she will come and join us one day. She is 10th generation American Patriot decended with Gaelic or Celtic culture origination. She has a gift of premonitions, and I know she will survive, she just needs to learn how. It wont be easy, but it will be worth it!
OrinsAngel, tell her to make sure she keeps an open mind, question everything,never accept anything at face value,this is how one learns,the greatest thinkers and minds of our time always questioned everything........College teaches you to think in theory,which may be good, but one needs to have some common sense about that also....

Old 01-10-2010, 05:18 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,049 times
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

OrionsAngel, I was happy to read that your daughter was able to stay in school. I hope she can complete her studies.

This evening I come to the circle to listen and to share in the camaraderie and peace that always seems to be present here. I am a bit anxious about starting my new job tomorrow. I hope all is well with all of you tonight. :-)

Old 01-10-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

OrionsAngel, I was happy to read that your daughter was able to stay in school. I hope she can complete her studies.

This evening I come to the circle to listen and to share in the camaraderie and peace that always seems to be present here. I am a bit anxious about starting my new job tomorrow. I hope all is well with all of you tonight. :-)
Ahhhh,new beginnings,new beginnings can always be good,but don't let high expectations disappoint you,it's always best to not start out with high expectations,that way you will not be disappointed and if it works out better than you expected,then it's that much better..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality