Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 03:24 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I spoke to Ptsum's wife this afternoon. Paul is well and doing good. Surgery was a success. He had more problems than originally thought, which they fixed. He expects to go home in a few days......according to the Dr's.....he is still pretty groggy from the pain meds and post surgery exhaustion.
Thank you so much for the update Goodpasture! I haven't been able to get back to the forum this week and was concerned. I am glad to hear Ptsum came through the surgery well. I am wishing him a speedy recovery and my thoughts and prayers are also for Mrs. Ptsum as well during this time. I transcribed a couple of heart catheterizations this week (normally not my specialty) and thought about him.

The weather cooperated enough for me to get outside in the healing garden at work this week, so I offered up prayers of healing for Ptsum and Songinthewind and their loved ones.

Blessings,
pnc

Last edited by pnc66; 02-19-2010 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 03:25 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Me too. We need ptsum on this forum.
Agreed! He has much wisdom and his presence would be missed.

Blessings,
pnc

Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 AM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
I stopped by the sacred circle to check on my friend ptsum and to see any news about how he is doing. I am glad that his surgery was successful and is over! While I am here....I will light some sage and say a prayer for healing and recovery. Mitakuye-oyasin.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
As many of you know, I am a real estate appraiser.......I teach appraising as well. In my years appraising I have been fortunate to be able to meet other appraisers around the country. A few years ago we had a "meeting" of appraisers at my house. One of the people attending turned out to be a good friend. He and his wife are appraisers in Florida.

Today I discovered he has had surgery for brain cancer recently and that his prognosis is not good.

As I get older, I find myself losing more and more friends and people I respect. This is as it should be, but it is still hard to deal with. None of us know the time or place we will pass over.....but we are guaranteed that at some point each of us will. Be sure you tell those you cherish how much they mean to you.

I would ask for prayers for him, but there are millions of people going to bed hungry, who will not wake up tomorrow, who will not survive a car wreck, who will fall and not recover, or who will have a loved one experience one of those tragedies.

If you wish to pray, ask that those who face such things are comforted and that they understand that this too is part of life and that it is not the end for them or their loved ones.........there is a reunion on the other side.........and joy can be found there as well.

Wado

Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 AM

Yes.....we are held in a love and a mystery greater than we will ever understand.

Mitakuye Oyasin....."all my kin--we are all related"

I will hold your friend as my friend and relative in my heart and prayers.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Yes.....we are held in a love and a mystery greater than we will ever understand.

Mitakuye Oyasin....."all my kin--we are all related"

I will hold your friend as my friend and relative in my heart and prayers.
Wa do, Di na da nv tli

Old 02-22-2010, 03:42 PM

I heard this from a good source.

Paul is going to be going home tomorrow. He is having way too much fun and is getting spoiled by attractive nurses who are, for some strange reason, impressed by him. He is behind in the work around the house that my source expects him to be taking care of. His vacation, as of tomorrow, is officially over.

Thought you folks would like to know..........apparently excessive sympathy should not be expressed.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:46 PM

Thank you for the report (I didnt even know that ptsum's name was Paul. I havent seen any updates and he has been on my mind. It is good to hear he is going home.....thats a long trip from where he is in the hospital isnt it? It sounds as if he is up for the trip.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:55 PM

I think his home is about 30-40 miles from the hospital. it is a beautiful part of the state......if I had to live in Ohio, that is where I would live.....at least it is south of the mason dixon line

Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I heard this from a good source.

Paul is going to be going home tomorrow. He is having way too much fun and is getting spoiled by attractive nurses who are, for some strange reason, impressed by him. He is behind in the work around the house that my source expects him to be taking care of. His vacation, as of tomorrow, is officially over.

Thought you folks would like to know..........apparently excessive sympathy should not be expressed.
Wee-cha! Good to hear that he's doing well and being some way with the nurses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality