Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 10:53 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Ptsum - Want to borrow my ATV? You won't have to worry about airbags.

Glad you're back with us on here.

My surgery is coming up Mar. 4 so my drumming will be out of the circle for a few days or so.
As far as your surgery goes,I keep offering up prayers for you and as far as your drumming goes,we'll all be drumming for you. You take very good care of yourself and we're all here to support you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Hey, I knew God when he was just an E-2/SA and had him go over there with our friend EarthBound to learn how to handle the equipment in order to move that dirt around.....

What are you talking about 30 year old nurses,these nurses were in their early to mid 20s and I'm like an old fine wine,I just get better with age.....
be careful them young nurses like to stick them needles in hard and deep
they like dishing out pain like it's rum cake

Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
......My surgery is coming up Mar. 4 so my drumming will be out of the circle for a few days or so.
at least your recovery will be in Timberon, not Ohio. I would REALLY like living there......if I could just make a living.......actually I always thought Weed would be a nice place......no neighbors and a cool name.......great place to pick pinon.........

Old 02-28-2010, 08:56 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Both have people but are isolated as far as making a living and things to do.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:54 PM

If you would, friends, say a prayer or have a smoke or whatever you do for petitioning the creator......

My partner had a bump removed in an intimate area a couple of weeks ago. The biopsy confirmed malignancy. It also confirmed that not all was removed. Tuesday she will go back for further outpatient surgery and because of my teaching schedule I cannot go with her.

After dealing with cervical cancer in her 30's breast cancer a couple of years ago, and now this she is wearing down, although she is stronger than I think I would be in her position.

thanks to you all, in advance............

Old 03-01-2010, 09:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
If you would, friends, say a prayer or have a smoke or whatever you do for petitioning the creator......

My partner had a bump removed in an intimate area a couple of weeks ago. The biopsy confirmed malignancy. It also confirmed that not all was removed. Tuesday she will go back for further outpatient surgery and because of my teaching schedule I cannot go with her.

After dealing with cervical cancer in her 30's breast cancer a couple of years ago, and now this she is wearing down, although she is stronger than I think I would be in her position.

Goodpasture, your partner is in my thoughts and prayers..and I am sure she knows that you will be with her across the miles during her surgery..

Old 03-02-2010, 04:32 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

All my thoughts are with you and your Partner.

Having been through cancer I fully understand and though I can offer no prayers , my most positive vibes coming your way, the best this Atheist can offer I'm afraid.

Take care of Her, it can be a really scary time ( even for those of us who are cunning enough to disguise our fears) and your support will be so appreciated. You sound like a wonderful, wonderful man and I am sure you will be the rock she needs at the moment.

I'm off to the Hospital myself tomorrow for an outpatient "procedure" ( nothing too serious but it is supposed to be very painful nonetheless) and I can't say I am looking forward to it... I have a deep loathing of hospitals having spent far too much time in them...

Old 03-02-2010, 06:54 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,121 times
Welcome home PTSUM and I am glad to hear you are doing well... Nice that you count your blessings with us too. Goodpasture you are so smart and so funny! June youre a sweetie too Mooseketeer, always good to see you here! Masonsdaughter..youre awesome, you know a thing! Everybody..lets have a group hug and dance the circle! ~*0*~ ^*^ *** The hokey pokey
My second child Kayla, just turned 27 Sunday, I am meeting her for a birthday lunch today in the city. She overcame alcoholism on her own, and has obtained her GED this year, she has come a long way..Hooray! She has a chance to do better in her life by her own decision. Life gets better every day.
Hey, anyone know what the name of the wooden flute is that Celtic folk play? Where I might get one? Goodpasture, do you make flutes? Know anyone? I really need to express some music from my heart through one So let me know where I can find one. There is a tune on UTUBE Mcclennan plays it.Let me go find and post it...

YouTube - Fun With Colin / Tune For Eilidh (Jamie McClennan - In Transit)

I danced to Emily's wee tune, off the album Intransit..beautiful!
Have a lovely day my friends
Blessings
*** ^*^

Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
This may surprise some of you and then again it may not, in the vast and many years that I have lived I have learned to appreciate all kinds of music, music is one communicator that transcends all boundaries, music stirs the emotions, music can go deep within the spirit, music is the one thing to where we can all come together and listen as one, so it is no surprise to me that since the beginning of man's time that we have all tried to come together under the sound of music, music stirs many a spirit. I am a great lover of our native music and many other types of music, I am also a great lover of slow jazz music, it has a way of touching the spirit and getting deep within your emotions.

To you my brother Goodpaster and to your life partner, let me offer up this one little piece of music. I want everybody to take a little time and listen to this, listen to the joy,the sorrow, the hope, and the possibility of new beginnings, listen with the heart. It is a number called "I Believe"... I believe something better is going to come to us every day...... my brother I offer this little piece to you and your life partner and the hope that it brings.osay

YouTube - I believe by Dave Koz2

Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Update. Apparently it is a form of skin cancer, very treatable, and she is scheduled for a surgical procedure in about two weeks. The doctor is confident that there will be no complications or problems and that she should be back to normal soon.

Thanks for everything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality