Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 12:37 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The creator didn't make the colors. Evolution (beneficial mutation and survival of the fittest) did. The ones with the best camouflage survived to reproduce.
catman, not to dispute your statement, but let's just say for the sake of argument, who was it that gave those creatures the ability to make those changes in color and camouflage, and I know the logical answer would be evolution and I won't disagree with that, but who was it that gave those animals the ability to evolve in such a manner. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? I believe in evolution, but I also believe that something gave us the ability to evolve into what we are today and that something could be called the Creator. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Again Goodpasture and Ptsum show their wisdom. The very essence of life is change. Evolution simply means change . . so the furor over it makes no sense. When we stop changing we are physically dead . . . but what we have produced during our life as pure energy (consciousness) remains within the universe as Spirit.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:07 PM

You know Mystic, that's an interesting concept you have there, our spirits as pure energy with a conscience, could it be that that is why some individuals remember past lives, it's a possibility, there are some beliefs that believes in reincarnation of the spirit and it's possible that some of that consciousness is retained within that spirit. What's interesting is that there are those certain individuals they claim they can see an aura around certain people and maybe they have that ability to do that, I'm not going to question them about it, it's their belief and maybe that's what that aura is, that pure energy, I keep an open mind about this mainly because not one of us really truly knows what the next world is really like, it's all mere speculation on our part, we all look forward to a better life in the other world, but better than what, why can't we make life better for ourselves in this world, learn to get along with other people of all different beliefs, I never criticize another persons belief or religion, they are entitled to believe as they wish, as we all are or should be and this is the one way that we can make life better for ourselves in this world, to accept and respect others' beliefs. Maybe as we grow and evolve and learn about others without all the trappings of what others have to say and communicate with one another as equals and really listen to what each other has to say about the basics of our beliefs or non-beliefs, maybe we can grow a little more and evolve into something far more peaceful and helpful of each other, regardless of what our beliefs are. It's interesting if you look at the three major religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam and take a good look at their sacred books, all three of them borrowed from one another in their basic beliefs, so why is it that the three of them can't get along, personally I believe it's all in ones interpretation. I am reminded of something that I have written many times. Religion is a man-made, culture-based doctrine that guides its people in the practice of spirituality. Religion is a good thing that in some cases has had bad consequences on some individuals spiritually. Not because religion is bad, but because it was applied in a bad way. Maybe that's what's happening with religion today, it's been applied in a bad way and for all the wrong reasons. Maybe it needs to get back to the basics of things. Just a thought.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:18 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The creator didn't make the colors. Evolution (beneficial mutation and survival of the fittest) did. The ones with the best camouflage survived to reproduce.
Had there been some brown earth, there would have been brown mice. I suppose if there were a place of blue earth, there would have been blue mice. That each subspecie of mice changed colors according to the earth they are born to is a matter of evolution. That they have the option of changing colors at all is a matter of creation.........

Old 04-10-2010, 09:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Hello dear friends...I am stepping back into the sacred circle tonight to rest and wrap myself in the peace that is in this circle as the distant heartbeat of the drumming gently sooths a troubled soul..

My heart is weary and heavy from the anticipation since Monday for at least 4 miners to be brought out alive from the devastating explosion last Monday in West Virginia..Sadly it was not to be..

It seems they instantly were taken from this life into the next and thus begins the the healing of many families and all of us who have loved ones who enter the coal mines each day..

Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Today is a special day in all faiths. It is, for Christians, Easter. It is the time that the Savior returned to life and walked among his disciples. For the Jew, this time of year holds Passover. For the pagans it is the time of the Spring Equinox bringing rebirth of all. During this time of renewal, for dozens upon dozens of families, it is a day or grief and of worry. Grief over those lost in the mines of West Virginia, and worry over those who still must go below ground whose lives are in peril. Today at sunset I will offer a prayer for those who have passed, a petition for peace for those who worry........while we celebrate the Spring, we must mourn for those who have gone..........

Where my feelings run deep is that no man or woman should be put in peril for the sake of profit. I saw that China recently charged 5 people for criminal conduct due to a coal mine fire. I think it would send a clear message to the industry that safety is first, regardless, if the entire board of directors and senior management of the coal company responsible for not meeting safety standards in West Virginia were convicted of negligent homicide. Profits are not worth a man's life.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 AM

Miss Blue, I sympathize with you over the lives of those miners and their families in West Virginia and offer prayers for those that have departed for an unnecessary accident. What is the price of a human life? When large corporations put monetary profits ahead of the safety of its employee's, what does that say about that corporation, what happened just recently in West Virginia that resulted in the loss of so many lives was an unnecessary accident that could have been prevented had the proper safety equipment and procedures been in place. When corporations put profits ahead of the safety of its employees and do not follow and implement the mandatory guidelines set down by the authorities, then I think that those in charge should be held responsible and face whatever consequences that are imposed upon them. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. I realize this is just my opinion but I think a lot of corporations have gotten away from realizing that their biggest asset are their employees and their safety in whatever job they work.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
I join you in prayers for the families of those miners.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:45 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
I join you in prayers for the families of those miners.
Thanks Masons as you are well aware of , those of us in the coal mining become one big family, grieving and helping in anyway we can when a mine accident of this magnitude happens..I have a grandson who works for Massey here in Ky. He runs a miner..

Old 04-13-2010, 02:29 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Family- blood or extended - and faith help so much in times of sorrow. They give us a shoulder to lean on when we need it. I will also send a prayer of protection for those who continue to do dangerious jobs. I hope in some way this will be a wake-up call that mine safety must be improved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality