Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was a day of prayer for me. Statewide we had five minutes of silence in remembrance of the 168 innocent lives lost in the bombing of the Murrah Building. If you ever have the chance, walk through the memorial there.......you can feel the spirits and their pain.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Brother Goodpasture, it is good to remember these things, we must never forget.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
The hospital where I work has these daily spiritual messages that pop up when we turn on the computers each day. I especially like this one for today:

Earth, teach me freedom as the eagle which soars in the sky.
Earth, teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring.
Earth, teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth, teach me to remember kindness as dry fields weep with rain. — Adapted from Ute prayer

Happy Earth Day!

Blessings,
pnc66 (who has been absent way too much from the circle lately)

Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
pnc66, that is a really profound message, and perfect for Earth Day.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:34 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
The hospital where I work has these daily spiritual messages that pop up when we turn on the computers each day. I especially like this one for today:

Earth, teach me freedom as the eagle which soars in the sky.
Earth, teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring.
Earth, teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth, teach me to remember kindness as dry fields weep with rain. — Adapted from Ute prayer

Happy Earth Day!

Blessings,
pnc66 (who has been absent way too much from the circle lately)
I love it.............

but as I sit here thinking about it, I realize that the prayer should be that I learn what the earth is teaching. The lesson is standing there, waiting to be learned. The failure to learn is mine. It is not earths failure to provide the lesson. In my life, I have finally begun to not run when I can walk. To not struggle when I can stand quietly. Absorbing the lessons of the earth is not a great feat once you understand that understanding comes from quiet contemplation and observation. In most aboriginal/warrior societies it is left to the young to run and fight while the old men and women provide guidance and wisdom. Wisdom comes with age (for many of us.....some never do learn)............perhaps one of the great failures of modern society is that the old are kept separate from the very young. The survivors of the war and the hunt never get to hand the wisdom gleaned from successful survival down to the very young........thus the very young have to repeat the mistakes of their ancestors instead of building on their ancestors wisdom to a better and greater life.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Yesterday was a day of prayer for me. Statewide we had five minutes of silence in remembrance of the 168 innocent lives lost in the bombing of the Murrah Building. If you ever have the chance, walk through the memorial there.......you can feel the spirits and their pain.........

yes and pray for all victims of terror all over the world!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 AM

I am saddened by what appears to be a worldwide crisis by one of the oldest and largest Christian denominations and its victims, the children. I do not criticize the religion itself, I would criticize the individuals that are in the position of authority and trust within that religion, as has been said before; Religion is a good thing that in some cases has had bad consequences, not because religion is bad, but because it was applied in a bad way. When those that are in the position of authority and trust have broken that trust, they have broken mans laws and must answer to the laws of man. I offer up prayers to those children who were the victims, in the hopes that a healing process can begin, I offer up prayers also to those that are faithful to their belief that in time they will heal and understand that it was not their belief that let them down, but the individuals who applied it in a bad way.osay

Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I am saddened by what appears to be a worldwide crisis by one of the oldest and largest Christian denominations and its victims, the children. I do not criticize the religion itself, I would criticize the individuals that are in the position of authority and trust within that religion, as has been said before; Religion is a good thing that in some cases has had bad consequences, not because religion is bad, but because it was applied in a bad way. When those that are in the position of authority and trust have broken that trust, they have broken mans laws and must answer to the laws of man. I offer up prayers to those children who were the victims, in the hopes that a healing process can begin, I offer up prayers also to those that are faithful to their belief that in time they will heal and understand that it was not their belief that let them down, but the individuals who applied it in a bad way.osay
I am with you in this prayer for the children, and the victims of terror, of which we are all affected by the consequences of the actions of the evil. I am also saddened to see that those in charge of leading that particular religion, also arrogantly stated at Easter, that we should not pay attention to those "petty headlines" announcing the settlements to the victims. Good Grief, will they ever cease to offend! Personally, I have found that my intuition is quite useful in attempting to avoid falling into those wrong religions. I can only speak for myself when I say "I promise to try to make the world a better, more loving, and honest place", I can only wish others would say the same, then again I realise there is noone on earth who is just like me.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Hello Lovely People ! Lovely to be back by the fire. I hope you are all well and happy.

I have missed you all , I returned from 3 weeks to France last week-end and sadly the travel bug has not left me yet and all I can think about is my next trip, to New Mexico and the South-West in the Fall.

I am hoping I can maybe meet with a couple of forum friends whilst there . It is a long time since I visited that beautiful and culturally rich part of the world and I can't wait. Scenic wonders and fabulous Archaeological sites , I will be spoilt !

Why is it that no matter how much I travel I am never satisfied and need more ? Does anybody else suffer from the pangs of the restless spirit ?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Hello Lovely People ! Lovely to be back by the fire. I hope you are all well and happy.

I have missed you all , I returned from 3 weeks to France last week-end and sadly the travel bug has not left me yet and all I can think about is my next trip, to New Mexico and the South-West in the Fall.

I am hoping I can maybe meet with a couple of forum friends whilst there . It is a long time since I visited that beautiful and culturally rich part of the world and I can't wait. Scenic wonders and fabulous Archaeological sites , I will be spoilt !

Why is it that no matter how much I travel I am never satisfied and need more ? Does anybody else suffer from the pangs of the restless spirit ?

The mind is like a sponge and thirsts for knowledge.It is good to have that restless spirit,it keeps you searching for that knowledge.
Mooseketeer,it's good to have you sit with us for a spell,enjoy this time to rest your spirit and recharge it for your next journey.osay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality