Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 05:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginachadli View Post
Friends thank you all so much for your sweet and wise words of comfort and insight-- I am comforted to know that i could come here to the Sacred Circle and connect w/kindred folk- Thank you- i walk in gratitude.
Kindred spirits are the nectar of life - in my opinion! I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose someone who has touched your heart. But I'd rather lose a million people who have touched my heart than to not have known them at all. It's poor consolation, I know. Sometimes you just have to grieve and cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 09:34 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
I must make an announcement.

This morning I was able to have a grandson delivered.

Presenting William Gregory Goodpasture, born August 24, 2010, 22 pounds 4 ounces, 20" long.

Here is son Chris (the daddy) showing grandson Cameron (my daughters son) how to hold grandson William.

I'm not the least bit proud, nope, not one little bit.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:03 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
Twenty-two pounds? Yikes! That is huge! But congratulations!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 PM

I'm pretty sure that is what she said.

But I'm a guy and old at that so I could easily be wrong

Old 08-24-2010, 10:22 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Wow Goodpasture..I bet she meant 22 inches long Anyway you have every good reason to be very proud and I am also sure that baby Goodpasture will be spoiled rotten very shortly..That's the privilege of grandparenting

Congratulations!! from a great gramma

Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
Twelve pounds is heavier than normal. Twenty-two pounds, I would think, would be near Guinness Book territory! But I don't know a lot about it either (and I'm no spring chicken either!).

Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
How ever much he weighs - he is beautiful! Congratulations!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginachadli View Post
Tonite i come into the sacred circle with a heavy heart- one of my online friends in one of my womens group died suddenly, it was a shock to all of us - we knew that she had been in pain in her back and hip- she told us the pain was 24/7 so she was going to dr. and get an mri and that was the last we heard. My group moderator found out that our friend had cancer and in 3 weeks she was gone. She lived in Seattle and had such a kind and generous heart and always helping others. I see her now enfolded in the arms of her Angels and in pain no more. But i still find myself grieveing, so i come into circle seeking comfort from my friends here. I do not understand my deep sadness, i just know i felt very connected to this lady, she had a very sweet loving spirit. Thank you for being here.
So sorry for the loss of such a special person to you..Grief is such a terrible heart wrenching ordeal that we all face sooner or later, and for many of us our faith that there is a better life awaiting us eases the pain somewhat, but cannot fulfill the emptiness we feel knowing someone very dear to us has left this world. and our lives.

I am glad your faith is strong, and I will pray and send good thoughts to you and your friends family..

~hugs~

Old 08-25-2010, 07:23 AM

My son called this morning and I got corrected.....8 pounds.........guess I was tired, sleepy and just worn out last night.............

Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Brother Goodpasture, congratulations on the new grandchild, it's good to see the next generation coming along.
Let me offer to you the Second Philosophy of the Native American Man:

To The Children

As an eagle prepares its young to leave the nest with all the skills and knowledge it needs to participate in life, in the same manner so I will guide my children.
I will use the culture to prepare them for life.
The most important thing I can give to my children is my time.
I will spend time with them in order to learn them and to listen to them.
I will teach my children to pray, as well as the importance of respect.
We are the caretakers of the children for the Creator. They are his children, not ours.
I am proud of our Native language. I will learn it if I can and help my children to learn it.
In today's world it is easy for the children to go astray, so I will work to provide positive alternatives for them.
I will teach them the culture.
I will encourage education. I will encourage sports. I will encourage them to talk with the Elders for guidance; but mostly, I will seek to be a role model myself.
I make this commitment to my children so they will have courage and find guidance through traditional ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality