Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2022, 10:05 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Missed this one too I guess, unless I already responded in the thread somewhere. I'm not either one. I'm not anti anything when it comes to religion but some of the members of some of the religions are extremists and it's dangerous to be around such people.

I have a problem with those who use religion as an excuse to murder those who don't agree with them and control followers that have been indoctrinated. I'm pretty sure most people feel that way so that wouldn't be considered anti-religion or specific to atheists. That's just common sense.

Not sure where you observed that many atheists share resentment and distrust of religion or the religious because that isn't true in my case. I can't speak for anyone else.

I do not think belief in gods or a god is good for the mind when it is so radically extreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
with regards to bold above, where?
here on CD, in posts written by those who self-identify as atheists
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No not most or even many in my experience.
Quote:
I got my info from simple observation, and I do read. There are far more negative comments on this site about atheists by theists than the other way around. In general. Atheists are one of the most disliked groups in America, but everyone is entitled to their opinion even when they are wrong.

Message to theists....An atheist saying that I do not believe your stories of god, miracles, or creation etc. is not an attack on your faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The "negative comments about Atheists on this site" by Theists, are the Theists calling out the insulting and mocking that is INITIATED by the Atheists.
They are not leading, they are countering.
They are not initiating, they are responding.
There have been Atheists on this board that have spent years starting hundreds upon hundreds of Religion/Theism bashing threads...slamming Religion and the Religious in every way, from every angle.
No Theist has done anything like that to the Atheists.
They say things like..."This is why I truly believe that Christianity - along with other religions that preach this kind of callous judgement - is the single most immoral paradigm that has ever been devised anywhere by anyone in the entirety of human history." (and I actually like Shirina and think she is cool + sharp...but she loathes Religion, and says so)...and much worse.
They equate the embrace of Abrahamic Religion and the relative Books & Writings, with the "implicit endorsement" of slavery, terrorism, world annihilation, child abuse, misogyny, and >>insert any evil doing<<.
They will even go so far as to tell the Religious.."They do not deserve to be part of the human race" and that "They should have their license to breath revoked"...because they don't accept their endorsement of some Theological Doctrine.
A Theist and/or Religious person cannot say anything whatsoever about their Beliefs/Faith without a onslaught of Atheists insulting, mocking, and interrogating them for it...no matter how innocuous their Beliefs are. And that's a fact.
Quote:
Thank you for linking those 11 year old posts. I hope others take the time to view them... You have now been harassing me on this forum since the day I joined in 2008. It stops now.
How could I have dealt with you "since the day you joined in 2008", when I didn't join until 2010?
You might wanna check the validity (honesty) of that accusation.

I provided proof that this board has ALWAYS had way more of Atheists busting on Theists than the other way around.
And the slams are much more vicious and hateful.

The Theists/Religious posting about their Faith, the tenets thereof (and their embrace of it), would figure...it is a forum titled "Religion & Spirituality" (formerly Philosophy) after all.
And though it is understood (and even desired) that other views and Beliefs (including Atheism) will be part of it...the terrible insults, mocking, and vicious criticism (that comes from nowhere but the person, as there are no "writings" or edicts for Atheism) are way more pronounced and disproportionate in quantity. Especially if one considers the percentage of Theists compared to Atheists in the overall population...tenfold, at least.
What Theist has put up hundreds upon hundreds of threads specifically busting on Atheism and Atheists?
You all don't even wanna be honest about what goes down here.
This is mostly a Theism/Religion/Religious Adherent derision forum. Which is actually what I have always found so twistedly entertaining about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2022, 10:06 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,797,358 times
Quote:
(a) if someone becomes "infuriated" by reading posts on a discussion forum, then they have an anger problem. or more accurately a fury problem. infuriated is more extreme even than anger.

"Rage (also known as fury) is intense, uncontrolled anger that is an increased stage of hostile response to a perceived egregious injury or injustice."

no one can make a person feel any emotion. no one can make you [generic you] feel this way or that way. a person is responsible for their own emotions. blaming others for how you feel and the emotions you carry is a refusal to own and take responsibility for what 100% belongs to you. you and you alone are responsible for whatever you [generic you] think or feel or say or do. A person's thought, speech, action, and feelings are entirely their own.

So if a person becomes infuriated reading posts online, then that is an indicator of their own inner state. it is not the fault of anyone else. the phrase "wherever you go, there you are" is relevant. the person who gets infuriated could put everyone on ignore, could isolate themself entirely from people, could go live in a cave on a mountain top. and until they address their anger problem and take responsibility for their own emotions, they would still get infuriated.

(b) an individual person starts a thread, but they do not own it, nor does it belong to them.
it is for everyone to post in and everyone to participate in.
it does not belong to you. it is not "your thread."

(c) this is an example of an atheist with resentment. Resentment is a form of anger, in this case in their own words an "infuriated" atheist. mentioning this because earlier in the thread the behavior of atheists with resentment was being discussed, including observing that here on CD. so pointing out this post, as an example.
I didn't even read this. You are parroting and protecting an obviously disturbed individual and encouraging that type of behavior. That means that your behavior is the same as theirs. Which means I'm disengaging with you too.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:19 PM

22,206 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I didn't even read this. You are parroting and protecting an obviously disturbed individual and encouraging that type of behavior. That means that your behavior is the same as theirs. Which means I'm disengaging with you too.
this is hilarious. writing a post to say "i did not read this post" (but then going on to say what's wrong with the post anyway, the post which they did not read). and then replying to the post that they did not read to say they are disengaging, except they are engaging by replying. So replying to the post to say they are not going to engage, except they just engaged, to say they did not read the post but they are going to reply to it anyway even though they are not going to engage.

this is too funny!!! i can't even keep a straight face writing this!

Old 08-20-2022, 10:33 PM

Now that I have sufficiently worn out the ignore button, I would like to ask that the harassment stops. For good. Yeah it's probably not going to happen, but man! The miserable and hateful posters are going to be here no matter what. But the only way to have a decent discussion is to ignore, ignore, ignore the bs.

So, who has something to say, question, fuss about (in an adult manner), tell stories....whatever. Just not what has been happening. We've all grown tired of it and it seems pointless anymore to even try to have a discussion or civil debate.

If you want to bash because of certain REAL LIFE experiences with atheists then bash away. I would be interested to know what happened if that were the case. But using C-D as an example for anything, much less what who said to what or who what to said, is laughable at best. None of us know each other.

It's great to have an anonymous discussion board, but I think some people are using it to release their frustrations, anger, prejudice, hatred....you name it. Everyone here has an alter ego. I'm nothing like I am on this board. It's fun until someone shows up with other motives other than simple role playing. Cause I hate to tell everybody, that's exactly what we are doing. Playing pretend.

IOW<cut the ****. Not one of us is better than the other.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
this is hilarious. writing a post to say "i did not read this post" (but then going on to say what's wrong with the post anyway, the post which they did not read). and then replying to the post that they did not read to say they are disengaging, except they are engaging by replying. So replying to the post to say they are not going to engage, except they just engaged, to say they did not read the post but they are going to reply to it anyway even though they are not going to engage.

this is too funny!!! i can't even keep a straight face writing this!
Buh-bye. Click.

Old 08-20-2022, 11:51 PM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Divinity is Reality. Understanding this abstract concept is similar to understanding the abstract concept of Mathematics. Not just Mathematics, all knowledge is Divinity.
So you are using the word differently to how others use it.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:09 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
(a) if someone becomes "infuriated" by reading posts on a discussion forum, then they have an anger problem. or more accurately a fury problem. infuriated is more extreme even than anger.

"Rage (also known as fury) is intense, uncontrolled anger that is an increased stage of hostile response to a perceived egregious injury or injustice."

no one can make a person feel any emotion. no one can make you [generic you] feel this way or that way. a person is responsible for their own emotions. blaming others for how you feel and the emotions you carry is a refusal to own and take responsibility for what 100% belongs to you. you and you alone are responsible for whatever you [generic you] think or feel or say or do. A person's thought, speech, action, and feelings are entirely their own.

So if a person becomes infuriated reading posts online, then that is an indicator of their own inner state. it is not the fault of anyone else. the phrase "wherever you go, there you are" is relevant. the person who gets infuriated could put everyone on ignore, could isolate themself entirely from people, could go live in a cave on a mountain top. and until they address their anger problem and take responsibility for their own emotions, they would still get infuriated.

(b) an individual person starts a thread, but they do not own it, nor does it belong to them.
it is for everyone to post in and everyone to participate in.
it does not belong to you. it is not "your thread."

(c) this is an example of an atheist with resentment. Resentment is a form of anger, in this case in their own words an "infuriated" atheist. mentioning this because earlier in the thread the behavior of atheists with resentment was being discussed, including observing that here on CD. so pointing out this post, as an example.
Lol, you are defending a trouble maker with your cartoon view of how the world works. According to your 'logic', if someone suggested you abused animals, it would be your fault for getting emotional, and that would be an example of your inner state, and it would be your fault someone was lying about you.

Old 08-21-2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Lol, you are defending a trouble maker with your cartoon view of how the world works. According to your 'logic', if someone suggested you abused animals, it would be your fault for getting emotional, and that would be an example of your inner state, and it would be your fault someone was lying about you.
Lol yep. I never would have thought to put it that way, I like it

Old 08-21-2022, 07:06 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
The way the world works (I've noted this countless times)...is that 4+ out of 5 are Theist and embrace some Theological Concept...and it's growing. That's a fact.
Their Faith in these perceptions and Beliefs are sincere and heartfelt. They view them as "Sacred", "Holy", "Divine", etc.
Others may not agree, and have differing Beliefs...but it is uncool and uncouth to insult, mock, and bust on the vast majority that embrace these concepts and heavily criticize the Beliefs and the Believers for holding them.
State your own views...even draw comparisons...but do not be derisive toward the Theist Beliefs that differ from yours, and expect that I (and others) will not call that out...and counter it.

Oh, and...Reality IS The Divine. The original concept of The Divine, in fact. It predates all Mainstream Religion.
Of course...you cannot tolerate "Reality As God", because then there is a objectively existing God (self-substantiating,
even) ...and Atheism is nullified. So...you insult and mock that Concept.

Old 08-21-2022, 07:57 AM

15,976 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:
So you are using the word differently to how others use it.
List all your understanding of divinity. Divinity is One. It is called by different names. Tzap explained it to you, but you refuse to learn or are unable to. It is not a difficult concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality