Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 07:13 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post

By you saying you reject the torah is like smacking god in the Mouth.

The torah means nothing to me, and nothing you have stated means anything either.

peace.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:46 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Mickiel
Quote:
Your evaluation of my thoughts is meaningless to me.
If that is truly the case why do you keep answering my questions?
Or make the statement that my thoughts are meaningless to you?

Besides the Bible is written by humans and for humans.
If God or Jesus had no interest in humanity there would have been no Bible at all.
So why read the Bible if you are not interested in humanity?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The torah means nothing to me, and nothing you have stated means anything either.

peace.

Well Unfortunately After this post I have no more to say because you have proved to me your agenda is not to know god. It is to fill yourself with your own arrogances and justify it by saying it is the word of god spoken to you.
It is a shame that people waste their time talking to you if you believe that their thoughts on god are worthless. One thing that God does is bring people together to discuss idea's but again your arrogance blinds to understand the True god and how he operates.
Because you still believe in Jesus I can understand your thinking process because he did say this: 34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'[e]
37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
40"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

Paul the creator of Christianity states : 1 Corinthians 9 :19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

This shows the intent of how he deceived people to make them believe in the Christ.

If you don’t believe that than read this: Philippians 1:15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.[c] 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.
Paul bluntly says he rejoice and is happy if people are being told false premises as long as the Christ is mentioned. Wow what an integrity issue.

The true g-d says this :Ecclesiastes 7: 20. For there is no righteous man on earth who does good and sins not.

Jesus claimed he never sinned. So I guess he was not righteous.

God speaking to the people in Isaiah 43 10. "You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "and My servant whom I chose," in order that you know and believe Me, and understand that I am He; before Me no god was formed and after Me none shall be. l
11. I, I am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.
12. I told and I saved, and I made heard and there was no stranger among you, and you are My witnesses," says the Lord, "and I am God.
13. Even before the day I am He, and there is no saving from My hand; I do, and who retracts it?"

So salvation is thru god only and not JESUS. But you would know that because you are reading the bible.

So finally you say that you are learning from God, I ask which one. The bible Has two gods. Good Luck.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Mickiel If that is truly the case why do you keep answering my questions?
Or make the statement that my thoughts are meaningless to you?

Besides the Bible is written by humans and for humans.
If God or Jesus had no interest in humanity there would have been no Bible at all.
So why read the Bible if you are not interested in humanity?

I talk to people everyday whose thoughts mean nothing to me. I rarely hear things that are meaningful, but it happens from time to time. I hold no desire to convince you of anything, and certainly nothing about the bible. I read the bible for myself, not for humanity. I never liked the direction humanity is going in, and never liked humanitys aittitude.

I am not interested in how humanity feels about things.

But I am interested in humanitys future with God, that is where this crap we call thinking will be changed.

Peace.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Well Unfortunately After this post I have no more to say because you have proved to me your agenda is not to know god. It is to fill yourself with your own arrogances and justify it by saying it is the word of god spoken to you.

So finally you say that you are learning from God, I ask which one. The bible Has two gods. Good Luck.

I couldcareless what you think about me. Your judgements on my dealings with God are useless and empty, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop God from dealing with me or anyonelse. I am content that you will speak no more with me, I am then left in more Peace.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I rarely hear things that are meaningful, but it happens from time to time.
In that case your claim that other people thoughts are meaningless is incorrect; MOST people's thoughts are meaningless to you, not all.
And unless you're willing to hear their thoughts you are throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Quote:
I never liked the direction humanity is going in, and never liked humanitys aittitude.
Neither do I, but your unwillingness to listen to others will in the end be counterproductive.
You either want people to change their attitude or not.
If you do want people to change their attitude you should at least be more receptive to others instead of dismissing them outright or people will be unwilling to listen to you and nothing might ever change.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel In that case your claim that other people thoughts are meaningless is incorrect; MOST people's thoughts are meaningless to you, not all.
And unless you're willing to hear their thoughts you are throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Neither do I, but your unwillingness to listen to others will in the end be counterproductive.
You either want people to change their attitude or not.
If you do want people to change their attitude you should at least be more receptive to others instead of dismissing them outright or people will be unwilling to listen to you and nothing might ever change.

I don't want people to change, their change will come when God is ready for that, until then, we are locked into disobedience by the God who made us. People will change when God is ready for them to change. As far as who will listen to me, I couldcareless about that, I am not after listeners. Nor am I after teachers, but I do notice your ardent effort to teach me.

I quess you don't believe me when I say I don't need to be taught by others, since you keep trying to teach me. There is nothing you can teach me. I am not for you to teach.

Or to condemn.

Peace.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I quess you don't believe me when I say I don't need to be taught by others, since you keep trying to teach me.
I'm not teaching you anything.
I only share with you my experience and whether you take it or not is not my concern.
Like you I'm just talking.

BTW where did I condemn you?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel I'm not teaching you anything.
I only share with you my experience and whether you take it or not is not my concern.
Like you I'm just talking.

BTW where did I condemn you?

If you can understand that whether I take it or not is not your concern, then you should understand that I feel like that in my communication with others concerning God. And I never accused you of condemning me, I said that I do not accept that from others, its not for them to give to me.

I know the difference in teaching, the desire to teach, and simply sharing something. I am not a student, nor a teacher, and cannot be treated as either by others. The beginning of understanding God, is to understand that you must rid yourself of the thoughts of others about God, and focus in on God himself. His thoughts, his words, his ways and means. And if you allow other thoughts to enter into that picture, then you allow distortion.

I understand it may be offensive to some , to tell them that their thoughts on God are meaningless to you, but it just has to be done, if you would truly know God, theres just too much deception in people, to depend on people, and think the deception will not influence you.

So although I speak with people everyday, both personally and professionally, I do not bond with them on any Spiritual level. And I speak with them online everyday, and I know this about myself. So I couldcareless who makes a judgement on me, as if I am reclusive or off to myself, misunderstanding the things I have stated.

I walk alone, although there are many around me, I think alone, although the room may be crowded.

Peace.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
The beginning of understanding God, is to understand that you must rid yourself of the thoughts of others about God, and focus in on God himself. His thoughts, his words, his ways and means. And if you allow other thoughts to enter into that picture, then you allow distortion.
All I'm saying is that you aren't living in a vacuum and as long as you allow yourself to be exposed to others (read: live within society and continue communicating with others), their ideas will slip into your subconscious.
I guess this is how memes work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality