Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 11:54 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
understanding god was never part of the program, its fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom, not understanding god.
psalms 111:10

Well, I am in a different program.

Peace.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:12 AM

The Beginning of understanding God, is to understand the role of the Darkness that humanity lives in. Its purpose, its true grip, its power, and how Great this unseen force really is. In Matt. 6:23, Jesus tells an incredible teaching;" But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of Darkness. If therefore the Light that is in you is Darkness, How Great is the Darkness!"

How Great is this Darkness? Great enough that the " Light" many believers think they have in them, is really the masquerade of Darkness, and thats where distorted doctrines take their birth and power from. Distorted doctrines like eternal hell torture.

Peace.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
There are so many things that I am " Beginning to Do", its just to long to list. But where God is concerned, I have been " Beginning to Understand him" for quite some time now. I haven't got pass just Beginning to comprehend him. I began this most interesting and unusual journey, by really divorcing myself from the Traditional way of understanding God. I don't use books, other than the Bible itself, I don't need teachers and I don't adhere to churchs of any sort. And this is what works for me. I really am interested in comming to know God one day, I kind of look forward to it.

Yet I disagree with so much " Popular information about God out there." I just don't like what I hear comming out of people, so I tend to myself in this area. God does not talk to me, nor do I understand him like I truly want to, but I kind of " Know he is There." So I examine his word, and to my surprise, I Like it. I like God, although I do not know him. This whole " Spiritual Thing" kind of turns me on. And the Bible is unique to me, its message quite stimulating.

The beginning of understanding God is not quite like I thought it would be, but it is rather stimulating, unlike anythingelse I have experienced. I find God to be very stand offish, very hidden and very impersonal. All of which has surprised me. He comes and goes as he pleases, and does things according to his own ways and means, not mine. I can't seem to bargain with him, or manipulate him. And I have learned that I now cannot do without him.

I think God is quite mysterious and strange, and well worth the effort to get to know him. The beginning of Wisdom is quite Lonely and like nothingelse.

Peace.

You are right that you can not bargain with him. However, if there is something that truly is needed in your life, ask him, and be very genuine about what you ask. Remember you must truly need something of "Life" that you ask of Him.

And sometimes God doesn't give you exactly what you want. He only gives what you truly need.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
You are right that you can not bargain with him. However, if there is something that truly is needed in your life, ask him, and be very genuine about what you ask. Remember you must truly need something of "Life" that you ask of Him.

And sometimes God doesn't give you exactly what you want. He only gives what you truly need.

I don't think any human can say what God willnot give to someone, and I don't think God is limited to giving only what people need. And I don't think just " Asking God" is a garentee of anything, at least it hasn't been for me. I have asked him for his Spirit a thousand times, and he has ignored that request.

There is more to God than meets the eye.

Peace.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
And religion certainly never helped there, if anything, religion increased the handicap and gave me a greater quilt complex than I had before I tried religion.
Is that a fear of blankets??

Old 08-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Is that a fear of blankets??

I have no ideal what your talking about.

Peace.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:05 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
I have no ideal what your talking about.

Peace.
You said:
"religion increased the handicap and gave me a greater quilt complex."

"Quilt" ....blanket....Get it? Oh never mind!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You said:
"religion increased the handicap and gave me a greater quilt complex."

"Quilt" ....blanket....Get it? Oh never mind!

Well I am sorry, I didnot have sarcasm on my mind when I was talking, I was being serious. Sarcasm rarely intrest me, its a language I rarely use, but it has grown more popular in these last few years.

And I have my suspicions as to why. But thats another topic.

Peace.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Well I am sorry, I didnot have sarcasm on my mind when I was talking, I was being serious. Sarcasm rarely intrest me, its a language I rarely use, but it has grown more popular in these last few years.

And I have my suspicions as to why. But thats another topic.

Peace.

Sarcasm is growing in leaps and bounds, and comics are helping in fueling it. Its becomming an integeral part of modern human conversation, even to the point that most posters can't do without it. Like a wave sweeping into our being, we all " Just Do It." We speak it, we enjoy it, we relish it, and never question it. Its a welcomed " Groove in the Mind", which is now habitual.

Thats EXACTLY how deception begins itself, establishes itself, maintains itself. This is how evolution crept into the human physce, its how unbelief in God got its foothold in society, its the beginning of how distorted wisdom creeps into the gullible human being.

Peace.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
There are so many things that I am " Beginning to Do", its just to long to list. But where God is concerned, I have been " Beginning to Understand him" for quite some time now. I haven't got pass just Beginning to comprehend him.
Wait a minute. When something bad happens, all you believers say it's god's will and that as humans we can't ever understand god's will and that there's a hidden "reason" for it all. So either you can understand your god or you can't. But you can't have it both ways.

So which way is it? Either you can understand him or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality