Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:09 AM

568 posts, read 1,478,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Nobody can stop or reverse what is going to take place as far as this one world government. You can fight against it like a aluminum tin foil headed survivalist or bury your head in the sand and pretend that Mother, ApplePie, God, Stars and Stripes will be forever. But whatever you do or do not do won't stop this event from taking place. It'll be the last world power ever to be allowed to promote man-rule over theocracy. So be it.

I see Evangelical Fundamentalism's fight against this being the last straw that breaks the camel's back. They have never promoted God's Kingdom by Christ Jesus as the only solution for mankind, despite their claims to the contrary. What we have seen is their continual prostitution of themselves with government officials as opposed to remained chaste and loyal to the one they claim as their Lord and Savior. If people don't separate themselves soon, it will be to late to seek the God of the Bible.
G.W. Bush is apart of the Evangelical right, but he sold this country to the U.N. and China. So don't give me this crap religious psyhco rant. Christainity is ran by man, The Catholic Church is just as evil as the U.N. and they demand total control just like the old days.

Don't you dare tell me that the bible is my only hope when Church is just much apart of this one world government as the UN. The only hope for the masses is the desire to live free and be free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 02:24 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,399,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
G.W. Bush is apart of the Evangelical right, but he sold this country to the U.N. and China. So don't give me this crap religious psyhco rant. Christainity is ran by man, The Catholic Church is just as evil as the U.N. and they demand total control just like the old days.

Don't you dare tell me that the bible is my only hope when Church is just much apart of this one world government as the UN. The only hope for the masses is the desire to live free and be free.
The funny thing is that I agree with most of what you said. The United Nations will soon dump on ALL religion. They have had this as part of their plan for decades.

I only pointed out that religion in general has always supported any manmade organizational structure over God's Kingdom by Christ Jesus. They have supported the United Nations way back when it was called the "League of Nations". All of them back then called the "League of Nations" the political expression of God's Kingdom on earth. My main point was that none of these churches have never believed in what their own Holy book the Bible has to say anyway.

When their Holy Bible tells them they have no business being involved in politics, we simply see the exact opposite. They have all failed to teach mankind any type of morality by example and therefore ride the backs of Government to have their own personal version of morality legislated on others. For that I believe their own God who they claim to worship will soon put an end to all of this.

Again, I agree with what you've just stated about the sad state of religion today.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:12 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,544 times
Elwill, I am still trying to figure this thing out. If I ( and I am female) came to your country would I be permitted to walk around alone in my pants with my head uncovered and speak with and do business with males? Would I be allowed to carry a Christian bible in the open? Would I need do do anything specific when Muslems are praying? I do not know these things and am asking respectfully. What things should I be aware of?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Elwill, I am still trying to figure this thing out. If I ( and I am female) came to your country would I be permitted to walk around alone in my pants with my head uncovered and speak with and do business with males? Would I be allowed to carry a Christian bible in the open? Would I need do do anything specific when Muslems are praying? I do not know these things and am asking respectfully. What things should I be aware of?
in my country (egypt) and in most countries of muslims you permitted to walk around alone with your head uncovered and you can speak with males and do business with them , and surely you can carry your bible and you can buy it either

don't worry , you can live your life naturely

i will give you one example for how the propaganda against islam arise in the west
sudia arabia ban the bible , it's the only country which ban the bible ,islam didn't command muslims to ban it
but it's a local law for this country , may be because 100% of nationality in sudia are muslims , and they didn't want any other relegions to be practised openly in thier own homeland . btw you didn't need to cover your head in saudia , i think

so the propaganda take this isuue from sudia and says that it's shariah law ! though they don't know what is shariah , and say that muslims banned the bible in thier countries.

Last edited by elwill; 10-28-2008 at 01:06 AM..

Old 10-28-2008, 12:08 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,544 times
elwill, Thanks for the information. I think that if people are able to exchange ideas and try to understand each other, both are the richer for it. Could you tell us a bit more about your religion and how it pertains to those who do not believe as you do? Yes, there is a lot of propaganda between our cultures and I hope we can use this forum to dispell some of it. Although I am not looking to convert, I would like to know more so that I can understand your culture.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under30 View Post
Good Article. What is the world coming to when everything we say is sensored just because it might hurt someone's feelings.
The LIBERAL'S utopia.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:25 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
elwill, Thanks for the information. I think that if people are able to exchange ideas and try to understand each other, both are the richer for it. Could you tell us a bit more about your religion and how it pertains to those who do not believe as you do? Yes, there is a lot of propaganda between our cultures and I hope we can use this forum to dispell some of it. Although I am not looking to convert, I would like to know more so that I can understand your culture.
my relegion in it's simple defination is to believe in God (one God) and his prophets ( all of them) and in the holy books revealed by him and to believe in his angels and to believe in the destiny (whether good or bad ) and to believe in afterlife

2:136 God say in quran
Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him (God) we have surrendered/muslims

Quote:
Could you tell us a bit more about your religion and how it pertains to those who do not believe as you do?
in the matter of preaching
16:125
Call (O'Mohammed the people )to the way of your Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and have disputations with them in the best manner; surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who follow the right way.

in the matter of humanity , our prophet (pbuh) said
People are of two kinds: Either your brothers in faith or your equals in humanity"

in the matter of life with any nomuslims
60:8
"Allah does not forbid you(O' muslims) respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice."

Last edited by elwill; 10-28-2008 at 01:37 PM..

Old 02-25-2009, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,302 times
Default UN Anti-Blasphemy Resolution is OFFENSIVE

This is the sort of rapid multi-culturalism europe has slept through during their european union borderless mess they've got going now what's happenening here..? unconstitutional disaster, this is exactly why we have to watch those UN treaties that usurp the constitution ( even the idea that a 12th century womens rights oppressing religion is trying to tell me what i can or cannot say is OFFENSIVE TO ME IN ITSELF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality