Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 09:56 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Oh bahhh! Rubbish! Unprovable! Illogical! Unbiblical! Irrational! The product of delusional minds, all millions and millions of them! A global conspiracy, I tell you! To what end, you ask? Well....well.... well....

(If Evolution occurred as you say, san, we'd have literally millions of PERFECTLY PRESERVED SPECIMENS, all in ordered rows, laid out for us, not subject to any weathering or decomposition or anything! Where are they? Where?

Hence, Evolution MUST BE A Fake!

Even if their silly notions of millions of years passing were true, everything would still be perfectly clear for us to see now, right?! After all, why wouldn't things be just laying around, untouched?)

How the h$ll do I know "to what end"? But I know it, D@mmit! I do!!! i dooooo........ i......

I need to go pray!
Well I'm sure everything would not be perfectly clear. Yet after millions of years and millions of fossils found, you would think at least we would find (ONE FOSSIL), showing evolution. Especially when evolution would of been accuring billions of times. I'm mean really, just (ONE FOSSIL), out of all those millions. I think if you are a believer in evolution, and you can't even find one fossil to support you belief. Perhaps you do need to go and pray. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Question ZZZzzzzzz....ZZZzzzzzzzz...ZZzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The creation story is spoken of in the Bible, and every Biblical detail that is being uncovered in the Middle East by historical discovery is confirming the truth of the Bible. I have stated this to you many times, I have asked you to prove me wrong. (I'M STILL WAITING). Can you show us where historical discovery is proving the Bible to be in error?

ZZzzzzzzzz.....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...ZZZZzzzzzz......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well I'm sure everything would not be perfectly clear. Yet after millions of years and millions of fossils found, you would think at least we would find (ONE FOSSIL), showing evolution. Especially when evolution would of been accuring billions of times. I'm mean really, just (ONE FOSSIL), out of all those millions. I think if you are a believer in evolution, and you can't even find one fossil to support you belief. Perhaps you do need to go and pray. LOL

GggggZZZzzzzzzGGggggggghhhhhhh.... snort snort.... Huh???

Oh sorry; I always sleep through the lecture when it's being repeated for the zillionth time, but some in the classroom don't pay attention back when the relevant parts were carefully explained the first 5 times.

After all, I've actually seen those very transitional fossils you speak so reverently of at the University of British Columbia Museum of Anthropolgy. You talked to your Jesus in a dream; I handled actual linked transitional fossils.

You thus believe, absolutely, in your Jesus and your God, and I, likewise, having held no pre-conceived rejections in my mind, have held absolute proof in my hands, and therefore know that Evolution is the means by which speciation occurs here on Earth. Perhaps not on the planet Glorgon, but certainly here.

After all, that's probably why The Creator designed and put DNA & RNA into the Bigger System, right? For all I know, that may well be the truth, but how it then worked once in place? That part's Incontrovertible. Capital "I".

Of course my hands-on experience in the Anthro Museum was also combined with my post-post-grad education in genetics, evolution, mammalogy, engineering and just good old persistent interest and consistent reading of research result stuff.

Not limited to reading one lone solitary old peasant-targeted primitive black book, or a bunch of crack-pot anti-Evolutionist web sites that specialize in quote-mining, deflection and straw arguments. Those I do also occasionally read under the heading of"Know Thine Enemy".

BTW, I'm still waiting. You've had enough time now, yes? I and ohers here would just love to hear which part you don't believe operates as described, because, in the case of those 6 points, I'll warn you: it's a bit of a trap. (Shhhhh!)

Why? Because there's absolute in-your-face factual proof for each step so outlined. No speculation there about what might have happened 25 million years ago, and "where's the evidence?" To refute these points absolutely is to, absolutely, condemn your own mind.

But, I ,may be wrong. I'll admit it; I'm not an IDT*after all! So, please, Tom, tell me now so I can revise my entire life-view.

*IDT= Intransigent Dogmo-Theist

Last edited by rifleman; 03-09-2009 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 03-09-2009, 10:48 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:

Of course my hands-on experience in the Anthro Museum was also combined with my post-post-grad education in genetics, evolution, mammalogy, engineering and just good old persistent interest and consistent reading of research result stuff.
Oh, but don't you know...Campbell34 has been to Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview - Creation Museum and so he KNOWS the "truth".

Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Oh, but don't you know...Campbell34 has been to Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview - Creation Museum and so he KNOWS the "truth".
You should visit.. I hear it's pretty cool. But that would require an open mind...couldn't have THAT.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Your bible warns you of it and yet you eat it up like it's going out of style. Creationism, which is not a science, tries to pass itself off as such. It's blatent false science and yet you argue for it. That's pretty odd.
Well here again we have more general statements without details. Could you give us some examples?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
ZZzzzzzzzz.....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...ZZZZzzzzzz......

GggggZZZzzzzzzGGggggggghhhhhhh.... snort snort.... Huh???

Oh sorry; I always sleep through the lecture when it's being repeated for the zillionth time, but some in the classroom don't pay attention back when the relevant parts were carefully explained the first 5 times.

After all, I've actually seen those very transitional fossils you speak so reverently of at the University of British Columbia Museum of Anthropolgy. You talked to your Jesus in a dream; I handled actual linked transitional fossils.

You thus believe, absolutely, in your Jesus and your God, and I, likewise, having held no pre-conceived rejections in my mind, have held absolute proof in my hands, and therefore know that Evolution is the means by which speciation occurs here on Earth. Perhaps not on the planet Glorgon, but certainly here.

After all, that's probably why The Creator designed and put DNA & RNA into the Bigger System, right? For all I know, that may well be the truth, but how it then worked once in place? That part's Incontrovertible. Capital "I".

Not limited to reading one lone solitary old peasant-targeted primitive black book, or a bunch of crack-pot anti-Evolutionist web sites that specialize in quote-mining, deflection and straw arguments. Those I do also occasionally read under the heading of"Know Thine Enemy".

BTW, I'm still waiting. You've had enough time now, yes? I and ohers here would just love to hear which part you don't believe operates as described, because, in the case of those 6 points, I'll warn you: it's a bit of a trap. (Shhhhh!)

Why? Because there's absolute in-your-face factual proof for each step so outlined. No speculation there about what might have happened 25 million years ago, and "where's the evidence?" To refute these points absolutely is to, absolutely, condemn your own mind.

But, I ,may be wrong. I'll admit it; I'm not an IDT*after all! So, please, Tom, tell me now so I can revise my entire life-view.

*IDT= Intransigent Dogmo-Theist
And do all believers in evolution agree that the transionals you have actually seen are true transionals? The transionals you have actually had in your hand. Would you say those transionals are the slam dunk that proves Evolution? Are they transionals that are so obvious, that everyone now will be forced to believe evolution, because they show us evolutions obvious truth? And could you show us pictures here of these transionals?
And the difference between you and I is the fact, that you believe in your own assumptions about evidence you have observed. I on the other hand, believe in a God who has revealed Himself to me. It's obvious, one of us are wrong.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
You should visit.. I hear it's pretty cool. But that would require an open mind...couldn't have THAT.
How do you know I haven't gone and seen it? Jumping to conclusions yet again, tsk tsk.

And no, it certainly doesn't require an open mind -- it requires a mind that throws away all reason and sanity and clings to fantastical notions -- like people frolicking with the dinosaurs. Puh-leeze.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Well I have not been to any museums in a long time, yet I have heard the voice of God, and have experienced His reality. And give the choice of a museum, or hearing from God. I will stick with God. And because I know, and have experienced God, you would be correct, I believe His revealed truth.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
With shows like "Dinosaurs and Dragons: True legends", I fear that my brain might fall out from opening my mind so much.

I'm really dissappointed that this thread went down the achiles heel and false dichotomy path. Been there, done that.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
With shows like "Dinosaurs and Dragons: True legends", I fear that my brain might fall out from opening my mind so much.

I'm really dissappointed that this thread went down the achiles heel and false dichotomy path. Been there, done that.
It's truly a veritable cornucopia of misinformation, lies, obfuscation, and false "science". Quite funny if you go with a group of people that has any sort of education at all -- the group I went with was a hoot. I don't think the fundies visiting that day were very happy with our sidebar discussions about the exhibits. If I were a doper, it would have been even funnier to go stoned...but, it was still massively humorous while sober.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality