Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:09 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,165 times

Advertisements

Only one can choose to believe. A human is actually the believing by the educated worth of nature or spirit. This follows from the state of self-consciosuness which I at now continue to believe either a state of quality/quantity or of national free will being issued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 06:20 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Well, I believe that Jesus is God because of what He did. I mean I can go to the bible and point out why I think that He is God, but I get the feeling that you want more than that.

Jesus rose from the dead on His bringing His life up again. Only God can do that.

After Jesus rose up from the dead and went to heaven, He promised us the Holy Spirit. Well, I received that promise as well as others. Only God can give us such a powerful things and give that promise.

I pray in Jesus name, and He answers my prayers. ONly God can do that.

God is the only person who was worshipped, and Jesus was worshipped. Only God receives worshipped.

I have a personal relationship with Jesus and He responds to me, and that is all I need for proof. He guides my steps, and protects me daily, He gives me what I need. Jesus is not far off that I can't feel Him or hear Him, when I call. He is there for me. I have heard His voice, so why would I doubt Him. These are just things that I have experienced and many more, not to mentioned the things that He has shown me.

I don't know what proof you are looking for, because what I see and hear from HIm is nothing of proof to you, but of proof to me. I experience Him daily and feel Him respond when I call or need Him.

So, what ever you are looking for then you have to receive that from Him if that is what you want. You should never rely on what other people tell you about God for proof.

I did not rely on people to tell me about God, I went and wanting to know Him for myself. Before I even really read the bible, I wanted to know God for who He was. So, that is what I did.

The reason you feel that this is going in circles because you are relying on people to tell you about God, and if you want to know Him, then you have to get to know Him for yourself. If not then you will just be going around in circles.

Just because I believe that Jesus is God, will not mean anything to you, so, what is the real meaning of this thread or what are you really looking for?
I do not think these things indicate Jesus is God myself.

Rising from the dead? The concept of reincarnation and rising from the dead is universal. Jesus is not the first, and not the only one to do this. And furthermore, what proof is there that he did in fact do this?

Jesus answers your prayers? Lots of people believe that when people pray, the real power comes from themselves. If you pray to Jesus, and your prayers come true. Jesus did not do it, you manifested it yourself. Your belief in Jesus was more like a tool, or a road to travel where you need to go, but it is not a true power unto itself.

Jesus is worshipped, and only Gods are worshipped? That's a big stretch. There are a LOT of different religions that worship different Gods. They must all be real then? How is the worship of Jesus any more significant than the worship of Zeus? They are both supposedly Gods in human form, being worshipped correct?

I honestly think that some people will pray to Jesus. And they unlock spiritual powers within themselves. Then they misinterpret these powers as being gifts from Jesus. But in fact, they are simply enlightening themselves, regardless of what or who you worship, it's all the same. Even if they were simply meditating, or praying to Krshna, or praying to the Sun Gods, or whatever. Theeffect would be the same. It's the prayer itself that matters.

I don't mean any offense by all this. It's just what I think. I think that some people get a little taste of spiritual experience. And they think about it and try to reason it out. And they end up confusing themselves and coming to false conclusions about what they experienced.

People want to understand things. So to understand things, they over simplify things a lot. And spirituality is very, very complex. It is not meant to be simple.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post

Rising from the dead? The concept of reincarnation and rising from the dead is universal. Jesus is not the first, and not the only one to do this. And furthermore, what proof is there that he did in fact do this?

Jesus answers your prayers? Lots of people believe that when people pray, the real power comes from themselves. If you pray to Jesus, and your prayers come true. Jesus did not do it, you manifested it yourself. Your belief in Jesus was more like a tool, or a road to travel where you need to go, but it is not a true power unto itself.

Jesus is worshipped, and only Gods are worshipped? That's a big stretch. There are a LOT of different religions that worship different Gods. They must all be real then? How is the worship of Jesus any more significant than the worship of Zeus? They are both supposedly Gods in human form, being worshipped correct?

I honestly think that some people will pray to Jesus. And they unlock spiritual powers within themselves. Then they misinterpret these powers as being gifts from Jesus. But in fact, they are simply enlightening themselves, regardless of what or who you worship, it's all the same. Even if they were simply meditating, or praying to Krshna, or praying to the Sun Gods, or whatever. Theeffect would be the same. It's the prayer itself that matters.

I don't mean any offense by all this. It's just what I think. I think that some people get a little taste of spiritual experience. And they think about it and try to reason it out. And they end up confusing themselves and coming to false conclusions about what they experienced.

People want to understand things. So to understand things, they over simplify things a lot. And spirituality is very, very complex. It is not meant to be simple.
No offence taking. It seem rather strange to me to hear someone say that they can answer their own prayers expecially things that are not humanly possible. But people believe that.

I have prayed for things that are not possible from man and I can't answer my own prayers. I did not manifest anything myself, Jesus did it. God is the only reason that I am living today. Doctors could not even heal or help me, so God was the only person. But people who don't believe in God, will say other wise, which is fine, but I for one live for God.

I don't talk to myself in God's voice, that is impossibe. I have seen God do things that are impossible to imagine, and I did not do it myself, but you don't believe in that, and so be it. That is your choice.

What ever proof you are looking for I feel that you are looking in the wrong place. If you don't believe in God then that is fine, but living for God for me is the best life their is.

I have proof from Him that He exist and I'm perfectly happy. HOnestly, I don't feel that you are doing anything wrong by questioning God, but I for one really don't understand why people who have doubts rely on people to tell them about God. That is a waste of time. If you want to know God, then go to Him, if not then don't waste your time in asking people why they believe in something or not. Because what they believe in has nothing to do with you and want help you.

I feel the only way that it will help, if you are open to trying or open to seeking God for yourself. If I relied on people to tell me about God, then I would never have a relationship with Him, so I seeked Him myself.

But if you are fine with not knowing Him then that is your choice. If you are perfectly fine with not believing that Jesus is God, then that is fine, but that want change who God is.

You can't rely on what people experience for proof of who Jesus is because, you don't know them and how will that help you. What if Jesus appeared in my room that would be proof to me, but that would not be proof to you because you did not see it. So, you should not rely on what people experience alone.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:12 PM

I think that my views come from the fact that I have experience with other spiritual paths.

A long time ago, I really got into Native American spiritual practices. I am not Native, but I lived near a reservation with a lot of very spiritually minded Natives and they turned me on to it. And I experienced absolutely amazing things with some of the practices and techniques I learned from it. And some of their stories and tales were just like things you would read in the Bible.

Later, I got into Buddhism and Yoga. I spent a lot of time in Asia. Went to a lot of Buddhist temples, practiced yoga a lot. And through these paths I experienced God. I felt God just as much, if not more than a Christian praying to Jesus. There was nothing fake about it.

I also have gone to Christian churches and spoken with lots of Christians. And I have been around a lot of Mormons, I lived in Salt Lake City for a while in fact. Mormon capital of the world.

So I find it strange when people say that Jesus is God, and that he is the ONLY God. Because I have seen otherwise. I have seen so many different religions and faiths in this world. And I have seen that ALL of these faiths have Godly, enlightened people in them.

I have seen people who are totally Non-Christian become enlightened and become full of God-energy. I have experienced this myself, and I am not a Christian. So do not tell me that Jesus is the only way, I know this is false.

So, if you worship Jesus, that is great, I see nothing wrong with this. But do not refute and slander other religions and other paths as being untrue or inferior to Christianity. Do not be so arrogant and closed-minded that you turn your mind off to the possibilities of other faiths. When you start to do this, this is when your religion gos in the wrong direction.

I find it rather ignorant and narrow-minded when Christians (and people of other faiths) try to claim that their way is the only way. And that everyone else is misguided. I just find this way of looking at it totally unreasonable.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,787 times
I think what Jesus actually taught was that all of us are capable of reaching his level, and if we need him as evidence of what is possible, he will be there.

But, the ultimate goal is not servitude but rather embodiment for ourselves.

I, too, have explored Native American spirituality and their wisdom (before being subjugated) was profound in its connection to the unified whole through which all prayers and thoughts are answered (on a quantum physics level).

Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
I am not doubting that there were prophets who predicted JC would come. And they predicted the huge impact JC would have. And indeed, JC did have a huge impact on the world. But am I missing something? Where is the evidence that says JC was God here?
You still don't understand the implications that there is a "spiritual DNA design" built in to our species mental life and how it is to acquire the spiritual maturity to successfull be reborn as Spirit upon death. That pattern was laid out and fulfilled by a nobody carpenter from a remote and isnisignificant sector of the Roman Empire in a minor jewish group who proceeded to have millennia-long impacts after his death on the spiritual life of human society. If that isn't indicative of the work of God . . . what is? If we have the words about and of this individual that indicate his divinity . . . what else do you need. What else do you think would even be possible to satisfy your dubious and negative soul?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I think that my views come from the fact that I have experience with other spiritual paths.

A long time ago, I really got into Native American spiritual practices. I am not Native, but I lived near a reservation with a lot of very spiritually minded Natives and they turned me on to it. And I experienced absolutely amazing things with some of the practices and techniques I learned from it. And some of their stories and tales were just like things you would read in the Bible.

Later, I got into Buddhism and Yoga. I spent a lot of time in Asia. Went to a lot of Buddhist temples, practiced yoga a lot. And through these paths I experienced God. I felt God just as much, if not more than a Christian praying to Jesus. There was nothing fake about it.

I also have gone to Christian churches and spoken with lots of Christians. And I have been around a lot of Mormons, I lived in Salt Lake City for a while in fact. Mormon capital of the world.

So I find it strange when people say that Jesus is God, and that he is the ONLY God. Because I have seen otherwise. I have seen so many different religions and faiths in this world. And I have seen that ALL of these faiths have Godly, enlightened people in them.

I have seen people who are totally Non-Christian become enlightened and become full of God-energy. I have experienced this myself, and I am not a Christian. So do not tell me that Jesus is the only way, I know this is false.

So, if you worship Jesus, that is great, I see nothing wrong with this. But do not refute and slander other religions and other paths as being untrue or inferior to Christianity. Do not be so arrogant and closed-minded that you turn your mind off to the possibilities of other faiths. When you start to do this, this is when your religion gos in the wrong direction.

I find it rather ignorant and narrow-minded when Christians (and people of other faiths) try to claim that their way is the only way. And that everyone else is misguided. I just find this way of looking at it totally unreasonable.
I cannot disagree with your call to ecumenism . . . too many Christian faiths are totally wrong about it. On the other hand . . . there IS only ONE God . . . and Only one consciousness has made the connection to God . . . Jesus the Christ. ALL other consciousnesses can share that connection . . . but it was provided by Jesus. ALL paths will ultimately end up using that connection to be successful (WHETHER THEY KNOW IT OR NOT!) . . . it is a funnel . . . not a straw (my favorite new analogy.)

Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
My certainty arises from the characteristics that I KNOW from personal experience to be the characteristics of God. I encounter it unmistakably during the end state in meditation. Only Jesus embodies those characteristics . . . joy, love, deep caring, complete acceptance, and oneness with all things . . . and only Jesus has the credentials from the "spiritual fossil record." If you cannot recognize that . . . I doubt you have achieved the true end state in meditation . . . because it is unmistakable and unambiguous . . . whatever spiritual path(s) you've been on.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You still don't understand the implications that there is a "spiritual DNA design" built in to our species mental life and how it is to acquire the spiritual maturity to successfull be reborn as Spirit upon death. That pattern was laid out and fulfilled by a nobody carpenter from a remote and isnisignificant sector of the Roman Empire in a minor jewish group who proceeded to have millennia-long impacts after his death on the spiritual life of human society. If that isn't indicative of the work of God . . . what is? If we have the words about and of this individual that indicate his divinity . . . what else do you need. What else do you think would even be possible to satisfy your dubious and negative soul?
So now you are telling me that I have a "dubious and negative soul". Oh please. I wont even take offense to that though, because it is not true.

Througout history, other people have fullfilled what you call the "spiritual DNA design". Jesus is not the only one. Many people have done it, but no books were written about them. They did not seek followers or desire to be a teacher. And they disapeared from this world fading into history, as a tale ony to those who met them.

But this does not make them any less than Jesus.

Jesus was a spiritual being of the highest caliber for sure. But what I find illogical, and false, is that people think that this makes him God. I do not see that connection. If you want to insult me and call me negative for that, go for it.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I cannot disagree with your call to ecumenism . . . too many Christian faiths are totally wrong about it. On the other hand . . . there IS only ONE God . . . and Only one consciousness has made the connection to God . . . Jesus the Christ. ALL other consciousnesses can share that connection . . . but it was provided by Jesus. ALL paths will ultimately end up using that connection to be successful (WHETHER THEY KNOW IT OR NOT!) . . . it is a funnel . . . not a straw (my favorite new analogy.)
Why do you say that "there IS only ONE God"? How do you know this for sure? Maybe God is much more omnipotent? Or maybe there is more than one God? How do we know?

And, what makes you think only "one consciousness has made the connection to God"? I think many, many people have made the connection to God. If we cannot make the connection to God, what is the point of pursueing religion and spirituality in the first place?

I am not trying to be a smartass here. But I just hear people say things like this, and I do not understand where they get it from and what makes people so sure these things are true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality