Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,511,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
That's only true AFTER your edit to the OP.

Prior to that it was HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

Everytime a Christian implies that I am ether going to hell or am immoral because I am an atheist, I find that HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

Please edit out all references made by Christians related to morality or the road to salvation. ''K thanks.

WAIT, OR...

Maybe we can all quit being drama queens and realize that the position of all sides in a religious dispute is offensive. We aren't so delicate that we can't handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 04:35 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,900,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Everytime a Christian implies that I am ether going to hell or am immoral because I am an atheist, I find that HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

Please edit out all references made by Christians related to morality or the road to salvation. ''K thanks.

WAIT, OR...

Maybe we can all quit being drama queens and realize that the position of all sides in a religious dispute is offensive. We aren't so delicate that we can't handle it.
Why do you find that offensive?

I don't find it offensive when someone tells me Santa is going to bring me coal.

Why are you offended by something you don't believe in?

Calling entire religious texts (bible, q'rans, etc) holey babbles is trolling and not acceptable.

The OP was edited and so it takes the subsequent posts and makes them seem like they are being offended without merit.

That's not true.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
In light of the OP, shall I say:

On what basis do you make the absolute claim "your god still does not exist"?
Can you claim absolutely that I am not God?

When you understand how you know I'm not God, you'll understand how we know your God doesn't exist.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Why do you find that offensive?
Why would I find it offensive for someone to tell me I"m immoral? That should be self-evident.

But actually, that was a rhetorical device. I don't get offended - Nor do I pretend to get offended, when I easily could. That was the point.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,748,092 times
Quote:

WAIT, OR...

great point guy you deserve a rep for that one !!!!Moderator cut: moderation comments i see people cutting down obama palin and all sorts of other people in alot of other threads!!! so what if that offends me but that happens all the time.. but i don't go whining about it.

and may the god force be with you all

Last edited by Alpha8207; 04-21-2009 at 08:29 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 04:44 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,900,037 times
Quote:
Why would I find it offensive for someone to tell me I"m immoral? That should be self-evident.

But actually, that was a rhetorical device. I don't get offended - Nor do I pretend to get offended, when I easily could. That was the point.
I find it offensive(and ridiculous) when people say atheists have no morals too, Boxcar Overkill. I was speaking to the hell comment. Sorry, I should have made that distinction in my reply.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM

657 posts, read 1,601,623 times
Quote:
I believe you can trust the bible because it's Truth's have been confirmed in my life.

I put it to the test, and it passed.

I must say though, that I approached it objectively and not ridiculously.

I find your post interesting though, how do you know 'for sure' that our God does not exist?

In light of the OP, shall I say:

On what basis do you make the absolute claim "your god still does not exist"?
I gave it an honest try, myself.. I attended church. I WANTED to believe. I studied and studied and thought i believed.

It took a few years, but it wasn't hard for me to realize that religion just doesn't add up, and upon inquiry of those gaps, they were filled with blind faith and "you should not question the lord". "why?" i asked. insert more blind faith.

My mind is just too logical to accept something non-scientific.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,180,836 times
Quote:
I find it offensive(and ridiculous) when people say atheists have no morals too, Boxcar Overkill. I was speaking to the hell comment. Sorry, I should have made that distinction in my reply.
Telling someone they are going to hell can be interpreted as an elitist remark.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Fair enough.

Back to the question at hand:

Can you prove that I'm not God?

Because when you figure out how to disprove that I am God, then you will disprove the theory that your own God exist as well.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,979,769 times
Quote:
But God never said that the thing we call the bible is the book with all the right scriptures in it.

Maybe God was talking about the book of Mormons? God has never endorsed any version of the bible as the official word of God. That verse could

Well, some would say Orwell's 1984 was pretty good. There are actually lots of books that predicted the future. Lots of the things we see in science fiction of Asnov eventually came true.

You all have to consider that lots of things predicted DIDN"T come true. For example, Matthew telling people Jesus would return during their time, before they died.
Jesus did say that His Words would never pass away, and that only throught Him will man be saved. And since the Bible is the main Book that contains the teachings of Christ. We can have confidence in those words.
Also, Jesus stated that some would not experience death before they would see Him returning in power and great glory. And if you read the passage, you will discover that occured right after His statement. It is called the Transfiguration. It was in a vision that the event occured, and that passage is clearly stated. So it would be an error to suggest that the event did not occur. And all other written accounts of the future are far from 100% accurate. And according to the Scriptures, true prophecies from God requires 100% accuracy. Only the Bible has such a record, and if this is not the case, could you please share with us where I might be in error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality