Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 11:29 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well thats really not true Predos. I speak of accounts that are historical in nature, and those accounts are confirmed by others. No one is deluded by believing in history that is confirmed. No doubt, there are some here who believe in theories based on assumption only. Yet we don't see anyone suggesting they are deluded, do we. The Ark of Noah according to the Scriptures landed on Mt. Ararat. And now we have numerous accounts by eyewitinesses, and photos from space that confirm a large man-made object high up, (ON THAT MOUNTAIN). Those are historical accounts Predos, perhaps you are deluding yourself, by trying to convince yourself, that such accounts do not exist. I have history on my side, what do you have outside of your bias opinion?
Well, now I see your problem....You believe the scriptures to be true....Your "historical" accounts are just testimonials from other people who are as gullible as you are....Meaningless.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
When I first read this I figured you must be joking, but as a perused the rest of the idiotic arguments here I came to the conclusion that NO ONE espousing the Ark nonsense knows anything about science.
[Best Dalek voice]SCIENCE!! WARNING! WARNING! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DANGER! CIRCUIT FAILURE! EXTERMINATE-EXTERMINATE!! UNIDENTIFIED INTRUDER...DESTROY! DESTROY! DESTROY! SYSTEM CLOSING DOOOOOoooowwwwn! Beep!

Old 10-17-2009, 11:34 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I thought he said that it was inaccessible and that's why nobody has managed to get near enough to identify his Ark??
Contradictions are par for the course here.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
[quote=Campbell34;11229547]
Quote:
Well thats really not true Predos.
Yes, it is really and exactly true. Despite your non thinking attempts to deny what you have written.

Quote:
I speak of accounts that are historical in nature, and those accounts are confirmed by others.
Others who have been discredited or are believed only by those with an existing agenda that they want confirmed (YOU).

Quote:
No doubt, there are some here who believe in theories based on assumption only. Yet we don't see anyone suggesting they are deluded, do we.
Suggesting, no. Flat out saying it, that they and you are deluded, yes.

Quote:
The Ark of Noah according to the Scriptures landed on Mt. Ararat. And now we have numerous accounts by eyewitinesses, and photos from space that confirm a large man-made object high up, (ON THAT MOUNTAIN).
Confirmed by a book of myth, eyewitnesses who would be dismissed in court as unreliable and fuzzy photos that you interpreter as being something (the photographic resolution does not support your claims however). Plus you see something and claim it has to be man made without ever having it been reliably explored or documented. Just like all of your claims.

Quote:
Those are historical accounts Predos, perhaps you are deluding yourself, by trying to convince yourself, that such accounts do not exist. I have history on my side, what do you have outside of your bias opinion?
Historical? Like the Greek myths? Like all of the deceptive books on religion that even the religious have rebuked as false?

By convincing yourself that all this is true, without any doubt, you expose your bias and intellectual dishonesty. You have been given multiple examples, which you choose to ignore or out of a lack of intellectual honesty discard without reason. You continue to believe only what you want to believe despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. You continue to not answer uncomfortable questions or try desperately to change the subject to get away from them.

If I had your religion, I would tell you your final destination, and it isn't heaven.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:42 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Just in passing, as a litmus test for truth of any religious claims.

If Campbell supports/believes them, you can figure they are wrong. He has done more to create unbelievers than anyone else on these boards.

Just my opinion.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, now I see your problem....You believe the scriptures to be true....Your "historical" accounts are just testimonials from other people who are as gullible as you are....Meaningless.
Well if the Bible is being confirmed by those who actually saw the Ark of Noah on the very mountain the Bible said it landed. And if they saw the Ark with their own eyes. Well, would it really be a question of being gullible?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Contradictions are par for the course here.
I did say that. And your problem with that statement is?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:53 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well if the Bible is being confirmed by those who actually saw the Ark of Noah on the very mountain the Bible said it landed. And if they saw the Ark with their own eyes. Well, would it really be a question of being gullible?
The problem is you are trying to use the ark story to confirm the bible, while at the same time trying to use the bible to confirm the ark story....Round and round we go......"If they saw the ark with their own eyes". Notice how big that "if" is?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I thought he said that it was inaccessible and that's why nobody has managed to get near enough to identify his Ark??

Here, go educate yourself.
How mountains are made (http://www.mountain.org/education/subexplore/explore02.cfm - broken link)
You can get to the top of Arrat, you just cannot get to the Ark that is near the top, and covered by 70 to 80 feet of ice, and at least a quarter mile of deep crevasses. Only after three or four very hot summers in a row is it possible to get near to it. And this does not happen very often. Yet, all the past eyewitness accounts have occured during such hot spells.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:22 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,588 times
Default Our God ..... Is An Awesome God !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Funny how God can do all these things (like oh, create the universe in a day) yet he needs a 900 year old fart to spend 100 years building a boat just to save a few animals on a speck of dust in the cosmos...
Greetings,

It's Ok to believe in the incredible account of "Noah's Ark' !!!

The key word here is "Believe" and with the incredible amount of various religious beliefs on this planet the "Christian's among us of course may most certainly choose to believe in the "miraculous story of a "Spititual Giant" simply named "Noah" and the "Stupendous" account of the "Ark"!

Christians believe that Almighty God inspired a man called Noah to undertake the most daunting task of building an Ark for His Divine purposes. If others believe differently..... Well thats Ok also and of course no hard feelings to anyone who differs of opinion on this most "Profound" matter.

The biblical account of Noah's Ark is a truly beautiful and inspirational story that has become a favorite childrens bedtime story for centuries untold and just one more dynamic example of just how totally "Awesome" is the mighty God we serve.

And remember folks ... for those of you whom profess an "Unbelief" regarding "Noah's Ark" ... It's perfectly up to you ! Please exercise your personal choice as you see fit !!!

Christians are simply exercising their choice and their belief in the "Living God"...

Remember now it's a "Personal Choice" and thank God we all at least still live in a country that allows our personal choice to continue !

Do you remember hearing that most intriguing and comforting Biblical account of "Noah's Ark" when you were just a very young child ?
It may even be the very bedtime story that gently lulled you into a peaceful sleep ! Do you remember it ?

Thank You / Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality