Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 12:43 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Greetings,

It's Ok to believe in the incredible account of "Noah's Ark' !!!

The key word here is "Believe" and with the incredible amount of various religious beliefs on this planet the "Christian's among us of course may most certainly choose to believe in the "miraculous story of a "Spititual Giant" simply named "Noah" and the "Stupendous" account of the "Ark"!
Go ahead and believe it, but it's a sick twisted untrue story in my opinion.

Quote:
Christians believe that Almighty God inspired a man called Noah to undertake the most daunting task of building an Ark for His Divine purposes. If others believe differently..... Well thats Ok also and of course no hard feelings to anyone who differs of opinion on this most "Profound" matter.
I guess that is why I don't like your God...His Divine purposes = Kill everything.

Quote:
The biblical account of Noah's Ark is a truly beautiful and inspirational story that has become a favorite childrens bedtime story for centuries untold and just one more dynamic example of just how totally "Awesome" is the mighty God we serve.
How is a story of the worst wholesale slaughter and genocide in history beautiful? Bedtime story?....Sounds like you want them to have nightmares.

Quote:
And remember folks ... for those of you whom profess an "Unbelief" regarding "Noah's Ark" ... It's perfectly up to you ! Please exercise your personal choice as you see fit !!!
Thanks for your permission, but it's not needed.

Quote:
Christians are simply exercising their choice and their belief in the "Living God"...
Right.

Quote:
Remember now it's a "Personal Choice" and thank God we all at least still live in a country that allows our personal choice to continue !
Here here!

Quote:
Do you remember hearing that most intriguing and comforting Biblical account of "Noah's Ark" when you were just a very young child ?
It may even be the very bedtime story that gently lulled you into a peaceful sleep ! Do you remember it ?
My parents didn't tell me tales of genocide, thank goodness.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times
[quote=Predos;11229734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post

Yes, it is really and exactly true. Despite your non thinking attempts to deny what you have written.

Others who have been discredited or are believed only by those with an existing agenda that they want confirmed (YOU).

Suggesting, no. Flat out saying it, that they and you are deluded, yes.

Confirmed by a book of myth, eyewitnesses who would be dismissed in court as unreliable and fuzzy photos that you interpreter as being something (the photographic resolution does not support your claims however). Plus you see something and claim it has to be man made without ever having it been reliably explored or documented. Just like all of your claims.

Historical? Like the Greek myths? Like all of the deceptive books on religion that even the religious have rebuked as false?

By convincing yourself that all this is true, without any doubt, you expose your bias and intellectual dishonesty. You have been given multiple examples, which you choose to ignore or out of a lack of intellectual honesty discard without reason. You continue to believe only what you want to believe despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. You continue to not answer uncomfortable questions or try desperately to change the subject to get away from them.

If I had your religion, I would tell you your final destination, and it isn't heaven.
I believe, most of the eyewitness accounts would only be dismissed in a kangaroo court. For even Ed Davis, voluntarily submitted to two lie detector tests, and he passed both of them.

And it was not photographic resolution that determined that the object in question was man-made, it was satellite spectra analysis. And that is how they knew the object was neither made of stone, or metal. And those coordinates were given to climbers who went to Ararat and took photos of that object. And they also confirmed it as being man-made.

It is eyewitness accounts, and scientific satellite applications that confirm the existance of such an object on Ararat. Not my bias view. Where is your proof, that both the science, and the human accounts are not valid? Oh that's right, you just have to say they are not valid. And that confirms your belief? I have been given nothing to refute any of the personal accounts. And you obviously were hanging your hat on photographic resolution, when in fact, it was Satellite spectra analysis. It's not about fuzzy photos. It is about an advanced scientific technique commonly used, which apperently you have no knowledge of.

Where is your mountain of evidence that would refute all those personal accounts? Where is the evidence that would refute the findings uncovered by the satellite spectra analysis? General statements are easy to make, where's the proof that would back them up? And if I were you, I would feel the same way about someone like me. LOL

Old 10-17-2009, 01:11 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
[quote=Campbell34;11230634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post

I believe, most of the eyewitness accounts would only be dismissed in a kangaroo court. For even Ed Davis, voluntarily submitted to two lie detector tests, and he passed both of them.

And it was not photographic resolution that determined that the object in question was man-made, it was satellite spectra analysis. And that is how they knew the object was neither made of stone, or metal. And those coordinates were given to climbers who went to Ararat and took photos of that object. And they also confirmed it as being man-made.

It is eyewitness accounts, and scientific satellite applications that confirm the existance of such an object on Ararat. Not my bias view. Where is your proof, that both the science, and the human accounts are not valid? Oh that's right, you just have to say they are not valid. And that confirms your belief? I have been given nothing to refute any of the personal accounts. And you obviously were hanging your hat on photographic resolution, when in fact, it was Satellite spectra analysis. It's not about fuzzy photos. It is about an advanced scientific technique commonly used, which apperently you have no knowledge of.

Where is your mountain of evidence that would refute all those personal accounts? Where is the evidence that would refute the findings uncovered by the satellite spectra analysis? General statements are easy to make, where's the proof that would back them up? And if I were you, I would feel the same way about someone like me. LOL
Key to your entire (FALSE) argument: You believe. You believe only what you want to believe hence everything else must be false. After all, you could never be wrong, could you?

Old 10-17-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The problem is you are trying to use the ark story to confirm the bible, while at the same time trying to use the bible to confirm the ark story....Round and round we go......"If they saw the ark with their own eyes". Notice how big that "if" is?
Ok, the Bible tells us the Ark was at least 400 and some feet long made of wood, and filled with cages for animals, at it landed on Mt. Ararat. Now thousands of years later we find a ship on Mt. Ararat that is over 400 feet long made of wood with cages inside. Should we then ignore the Biblical account only because some don't believe in it. I mean really, how many 400 foot ships have been found on Mt. Ararat? Should we conclude that there are so many ships sitting up there, that we can't really relate this ship to the Biblical account? I used the world (IF). Yet others say hands down, we saw the Ark of Noah up close, with cages inside on Mt. Ararat. It's not a question of going round and round, it's a question of what obviously is, based on strong evidence.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
As long as it remains true, and truth is eternal.
Good grief! Grade school science class The upheaval of tectonic plates as they move over millions and millions of years.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:48 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Ok, the Bible tells us the Ark was at least 400 and some feet long made of wood, and filled with cages for animals, at it landed on Mt. Ararat. Now thousands of years later we find a ship on Mt. Ararat that is over 400 feet long made of wood with cages inside.
Ummmm, no mate! YOU BELIEVE it's been found.

Quote:
I mean really, how many 400 foot ships have been found on Mt. Ararat?
Non actually!

Quote:
Yet others say hands down, we saw the Ark of Noah up close, with cages inside on Mt. Ararat.
So do you believe people when they say that they have been abducted by and had sex with aliens?

Quote:
It's not a question of going round and round, it's a question of what obviously is, based on strong evidence.
It's not 'strong' evidence...for goodness sake wake up man. Ach!! Shut up Raffa...you'll end up as crazy as him!

Old 10-17-2009, 01:50 PM

[quote=Predos;11230734]
Quote:

Key to your entire (FALSE) argument: You believe. You believe only what you want to believe hence everything else must be false. After all, you could never be wrong, could you?
The only way you can dismiss all these people, is to brand them all as liars. I don't believe they are. I believe they have told the truth, and I believe their efforts confirm that truth. And often their different stories uncover factual information that even supports such accounts all the more. So either you must believe they are all liars, or they have told us the truth. Everything else, is based on one's own personal opinion.
The satellite spectra analysis was made by a man who does not believe in Noah's Ark. Yet he still tells us, there is a man-made object broken in two near the top of Mt. Ararat. If that was not the case, why would he say that? Ed Davis, stated the samething. He saw a large man-made object near the top of Mt. Ararat broken in two and seperated. The team that went to Ararat in 1989 also helped to confirm that a large man-made object was near the top of Mt. Ararat. And there are numerous other accounts that confirm the Arks existance. Are they all liars? Everyone is makeing up false stories, even the one doing the photo spectra analysis?
Do you really believe everyone is lying?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ummmm, no mate! YOU BELIEVE it's been found.

Non actually!

So do you believe people when they say that they have been abducted by and had sex with aliens?

It's not 'strong' evidence...for goodness sake wake up man. Ach!! Shut up Raffa...you'll end up as crazy as him!
Well, they say the Devil is in the details. And when you consider all the historical accounts and start to put them together, you start to see those truthful details. And there is way to much going on here to dismiss these accounts only as false. Now it may be, that the conclusion is not what most want to hear, yet the facts of the story must require us to call all these people liars, or they are telling us the truth. I have met some liars in my time, yet overtime, you see them as such. Yet these people have never been exposed as liars. So what is it, do they only lie about Noahs Ark? As I have stated on another post, the satellite spectra analysis confirms the Ed Davis account. Now the person who did the spectra analysis does not believe in Noahs Ark. Why then would he lie about a man-made object being on Ararat? And why would he want to confirms the Ed Davis account? And why would a team of climbers go up to Ararat and take a picture that others closely considered and confirmed as an object of man-made construction? And not to forget about so many others who have given their accounts as well. Do you really believe everybody lying?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:20 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Now it may be, that the conclusion is not what most want to hear, yet the facts of the story must require us to call all these people liars, or they are telling us the truth.
You conveniently omitted the third option...that they are simply mistaken.

Do you believe people when they say they have been abducted by and had sex with aliens?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:

The only way you can dismiss all these people, is to brand them all as liars. I don't believe they are. I believe they have told the truth, and I believe their efforts confirm that truth. And often their different stories uncover factual information that even supports such accounts all the more. So either you must believe they are all liars, or they have told us the truth. Everything else, is based on one's own personal opinion.
The satellite spectra analysis was made by a man who does not believe in Noah's Ark. Yet he still tells us, there is a man-made object broken in two near the top of Mt. Ararat. If that was not the case, why would he say that? Ed Davis, stated the samething. He saw a large man-made object near the top of Mt. Ararat broken in two and seperated. The team that went to Ararat in 1989 also helped to confirm that a large man-made object was near the top of Mt. Ararat. And there are numerous other accounts that confirm the Arks existance. Are they all liars? Everyone is makeing up false stories, even the one doing the photo spectra analysis?
Do you really believe everyone is lying?
There you go again, you believe. Doesn't make it true. And with your record with "facts" it actually casts more doubt on the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality