Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times

Advertisements

Let's ellucidate the clarity of the inarguable evidence, shall we? Probability? Incalculably miniscule. Intransigence? Palpable.

1. Multi-piece Ark versus one-piece. Blunt or pointy? Which is it?

2. Choose: (i) Ron Wyatt's site, (ii) the Turkish site with souvenir and "Interpretive" building, (iii) the Ed Davis site, and now (iv) the Ertugrul site. Plus other lesser sites.

3. The direct-GPS labelled, always easily-found Ararat site is located on that rapidly eroding ice slope, yet the supposed remnant Ark remains quite stable and unscathed. With cages inside, photo documented!

4. Excellent quality photos showing, against all physical and geological odds, the existance of various artifacts. Right there in these blurry pictures! Can't you see them? They're RIGHT THERE.

5. (let's call it) the Ertugrul site, now Tom's favorite ["hard new evidence"], all the rest now being relegated to the status of the old family Ford Granada sedan (weren't they special?) parked out behind the barn. (Let's just not talk about it, OK? I tried to tell your father not to buy it!")

6. Alternating stories of thick ice and then uncovered remains, wood-not-wood, basalt-not-basalt, ferocious ice bears (what starving bear inhabits the upper food-free ice-covered slopes of Ararat, rifleman the bear biologist asks quizzically. Ahh yes, the rare Convenient Excuse Bear... the CEB cub) and weather issues.

7. The "easy" numbers, food & water issues. 1 Billion animals on board, all taken care of appropriately with food of the right type, water of the right salinity, temperature-controlled cages, and a ready means of getting rid of their prolific solid and liquid waste products.

8. [a sub-set of point 6, but worth noting]: completely tamed dinosaurs, of which we have now counted over 6000 different major genera. Times about 20 per each. Oh yes; 120,000 dinosaurs. Without adding in the ones we haven't yet discovered and ID'd. Sounds "plausible" to me!

9. The rarified Club of Credibility* that, apparently, everyone must join before going up Ararat: various church orgs, various Creationist Orgs, various tourism orgs, various wack-a-loon orgs. No actual academic groups though: if you're a real University paleontologist or geologist, you may not go. Access denied. We want no truthy bits discovered. Ever.

I do note the very distinct dichotomy between the Wyatt and Turkish sites and the one more favored by Christians, the High Ararat site. Each acolyte group will not allow cross-referencing, cross-investigation, or comparisons of artifacts. Of course not; they each claim ownership of the original, and they both understand the $$$ value.

This is all quite convincing isn't it? Tom? Don't you agree? Tom? Tom? (where is he?)

Last edited by rifleman; 10-19-2009 at 09:38 AM..

Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Basalt columns are usually formed by underwater extrusion. If those wood beams are really Basalt columns, how were they extruded underwater when they are located near the top of Mt. Ararat? Also, the ends of those beams do not look like the smooth break we see in your Basalt columns, they look more like broken timbers. And I might add here, the upper beam seems to have something hanging on it like a blade of grass, this would be more in keeping with wood and not a Basalt column.
Tectonic plates are still a mystery to you aren't they? Or are you also a YEC delusionist?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Tectonic plates are still a mystery to you aren't they? Or are you also a YEC delusionist?
I would have to guess both!!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,640,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You'd get real tired of looking at them around my place, which is a good 250 miles from any ocean, and they KNOW these ones formed during the massive Cascade Range volcanic period. No oceans involved.
I'm no geologist, but I can certainly agree. I live in the Willamette Valley where there are more basalt columns than you can shake a stick at.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Exclamation Fear of the Light.

It's OK, NB. Basalt columns formed as they did in the way we know they did. But...when you have to rationalize the evidence around you to fit your mumbo-jumbo ideas, you invent things. And then, to assuage your own inner demons, the nagging ones that suggest you might be wrong, you just keep repeating the ideas until you've convinced yourself.

All the real-world evidence correlates around us now in so many cross-referenced areas that we know we're on an ancient world, formed billions of years ago. We also know we evolved from primitive organisms, but nontheless, we share their exact same basic building block structure. In fact, that's what made it all possible, even inevitable.

Those who can't or won't accept that will deny it to their own sad ends. Oddly, they also refuse to learn, to read, to try to open their minds. They always prefer "Answers in Genesis" to, let's say, "Scientific American" or the journals "Nature" or Science". Matter of fact, they are actually afraid of such publications. They won't even go to the objective links we provide them here.

Such obvious well-documented facts also put the boot to silly primitive ideas of an instant overnight creation of all the known and unknown universe, of global floods, of an Ark carrying all the tens of millions of progenitors of life after that flood, and of successful species re-population after such a catastrophic event. With only two of each species type, and yet without any species losses. Impossible.

Of course, they must argue against simple logical facts and documented observations with ever-more fantastic, complex, mystical and irrational ideas that strain credulity to it's limits. They cannot handle an alternative world, even though it is the truth.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:32 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
To take a page from Hovind (with whom I do not agree on many things), the animals did not have to be full sized adults; but I don't imagine that you are interested in a genuine debate. I leave you all, many trolls against a few believers. May God direct your deliberations.
I direct my own deliberations, because I do not believe any gods exist. Even "baby" animals would be impossible. But of course, go ahead and keep drinking the Kool-aid, just don't expect the rest of us to stop giggling at you while you do.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
To take a page from Hovind (with whom I do not agree on many things), the animals did not have to be full sized adults; but I don't imagine that you are interested in a genuine debate. I leave you all, many trolls against a few believers. May God direct your deliberations.
Even if they only stored the sperm and egg from all of the millions and millions of species, they would have been tight fit, and invetro fertilization did not exist, so we know that didn't happen.

Nor did they have liquid nitrogen in which to store them.

A childhood fable that sadly many still believe as reality, an absolutely astounding denial of reality.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
76 pages on Noahs ark, funny. Shouldn't even have 1.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:12 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
76 pages on Noahs ark, funny. Shouldn't even have 1.
Thread-winner.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:02 PM

776 posts, read 1,276,576 times
After reading all 76 pages the answer is...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality