Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 04:36 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
We have an abundance of marine fossils on a mountain [hill] less than 15 miles from our house, at the base of the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, and yes, it is evidence of the world wide biblical flood.. Thus it is on the mountains of the world.
Of course, Evolutionists spin the facts of marine fossils on mountains of the world -as in this report, linked below- but we who know our LORD believe His word, and need no spin.

"the mountains rose up, the valleys sank down"

The facts in the above article are that the marine fossils are on the mountains. The rest of the article is the spin of evolutionists on how that came to be.
A fossil is formed rapidly, before other creatures eat the flesh and scatter the bones of the creature which is fossilized, and no creature lay around to fossilize over eons.
The cascades are millions of years old. And I think creationists are the ones spinning facts. Fossils are from thousands of years old to million and millions of years old. Never heard of any scientific research as to the fossils of marine life on the mountains, although it could have happened before forming, millions of years ago..

Old 10-19-2009, 04:58 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,317 times
It is interesting that YEC always bring up the marine fossils on mountains as proof of their fludd.

Does that mean all them sea critters died as a result of teh fludd? Kinda ironic as we all say that the salinity changes would have wiped out most if not all the sea critters, yet there you have them sea critters, millions of species.

Now just where exactly did uncle noah store his aquariums? Were they also made of go-fer-wood or did he pull a Star Trek 5 on us and have Scotty manufacture him sum transparent aluminum ones?

Aah my bad, they were made from petrified wood, silly me.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
!@!##$%^&^&*_______________________________________!@!##$%^&^& *

I found this fascinating and enlightening video interview about Tom's "new hard evidence" from 2006 - 2007.

I won't bore you all with a long post: this video's self-explanitory. I will ask Tom one simple question as regards this video and Mr. Ertugrul's inciteful commentary:

news

(scroll down to "Turkish Explorer speaks, etc...)

I see a lot of folks stuffing a van with bottled water, duffle bags etc. I see them driving on a highway. I see them climbing the mountain. I see them in a water-filled cave. I see tents with lanterns in them! Why..... It MUST BE SCIENTIFIC!

Wow! .......It's an "EXPEDITION"!!!!! .......Wow!

Then Mr. Ertugrul (unassociated with any university, but in fact, a tourist guide) says that local stories say the Ark was up there somewhere, and therefore, "this is it". He's convinced, though, BTW, it's in a different location than the other inerrant Ark (Or is it Arks?) on the upper slopes, and this one's in a cave.

He found some wood in a cave. On Ararat. The University in Singapore simply said it was of wood origin. Not petrified. Not C14 dated, as of 2007. I wonder why not.....

Ertugrul* does say he wants to go back. Of course he does! With, of course, some new paying customers. Of course.

!@!##$%^&^&*______________________________________ __________!@!##$%^&^&*

SIMPLE QUESTION: ................Tom: Is this what you classify as "new hard evidence"?

!@!##$%^&^&*______________________________________ __________!@!##$%^&^&*

(*remember I helpfully suggested you check out your various evidence sources BEFORE you post them yourself? WE WILL check these people out, Tom, and show you that they are pretty much all fakers or tourist monger types.)
"The University in Singapore said it was of wood origin. Not pertified?"

I believe you should be more worried about checking out (YOUR FACTS) before questioning my sources rifleman.

"Samples were collected and sent to Hong Kong to undergo scientific analysis and tests. Petrographic examinations conducted by the Applied Geoscience Center of the Department of Earth Science at Hong Kong University (clarified) that the samples sent were from (A PETRIFIED WOODEN STRUCTURE.)" Consider link below.

Bridges For Peace - Historic Discovery: Remnants of Noah’s Ark Found (http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4438 - broken link)

Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
It is interesting that YEC always bring up the marine fossils on mountains as proof of their fludd.

Does that mean all them sea critters died as a result of teh fludd? Kinda ironic as we all say that the salinity changes would have wiped out most if not all the sea critters, yet there you have them sea critters, millions of species.

Now just where exactly did uncle noah store his aquariums? Were they also made of go-fer-wood or did he pull a Star Trek 5 on us and have Scotty manufacture him sum transparent aluminum ones?

Aah my bad, they were made from petrified wood, silly me.
Fish were not on the Arks passanger list, of course you would have to of actually read the story to know this.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
"The University in Singapore said it was of wood origin. Not pertified?"

I believe you should be more worried about checking out (YOUR FACTS) before questioning my sources rifleman.

"Samples were collected and sent to Hong Kong to undergo scientific analysis and tests. Petrographic examinations conducted by the Applied Geoscience Center of the Department of Earth Science at Hong Kong University (clarified) that the samples sent were from (A PETRIFIED WOODEN STRUCTURE.)" Consider link below.

Bridges For Peace - Historic Discovery: Remnants of Noah’s Ark Found (http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4438 - broken link)
Come on now, that is a biased site...No evidence there....Lets see something directly from the people who tested this so called evidence.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Fish were not on the Arks passanger list, of course you would have to of actually read the story to know this.
So that means that a huge number of marine species were wiped out.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Ohhhh Tom; you REALLY oughta stay away from things you know nothing about. Basalt columns are usually formed when volcanic basalt (hence the name...) cools but NOt under water. It crystallzes in predictable ways depending on the thickness and rate of cooling in air. You'd get real tired of looking at them around my place, which is a good 250 miles from any ocean, and they KNOW these ones formed during the massive Cascade Range volcanic period. No oceans involved. Period. Geology 101, Tom.

You know, formed millions of years before Genesis?

Basalt Columns at Reynisfjara Beach on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbusch/3109381802/ - broken link)

(Do check out the comment below the pic about "slowly cooling". Hardly the case underwater, huh? Oh well... nice try at obfuscation again. It's the Tom Campbell "Say it, they'll buy it!" model of story-telling...)

You're thinking of "basalt pillow" formations, Tom. Not basalt columns.

Dr. Mies Bringing into Existence Some Pillow Basalt on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavemanjonny/2455440849/ - broken link)

(Do read the Dr. of Geology's comments below the photo, won't you?)

Sorry, but thanks for playing! Next! (Frank, stop sending these duds out... We need to get past the $100 dollar level! The audience is getting restless!)

Anyhow, I did like your latest video "proof" (you really don't understand that concept, now do you?), esp. the circular saw marks, from you know, a power saw, on the sides of that beam someone planted in the snow.

Alternately, it's an actual wooden beam. That make it THE ARK, Tom? Again, your idea of proven evidence shows why the Church loves types like you. Give you a silly bit of evidence and you go all gaw-gaw, and send in your money. Great! I think I'll start a new Church:

"The Church of The Vague Video"

You still haven't answered if that previous video by the tour guide fellow Ertugrul qualifies in your mind as "hard new evidence". As has become your very predictable style, you now quote it all the time as an absolute.

You really think that stupid nonsense video qualifies as absolute proof, Tom? That video, on it's face, was an absolute travesty. It could have been covering an expendition to find the Yeti as far as we know. Or a search for a high altitude Starbucks. It provided absolutely nothing, other than Ertugrul is out making money taking the gullible to new heights.

And where is the report you speak of? The scientific publication from the Univ. of Hong Kong? Or was that a church out there? Ooopppsss. I think so.

You DO LFJ, Tom. Now proven.
Your correct Rifleman, I was thinking of Basalt pillow. And one could make an arguement that the video only showed us Basalt columns. However, I would expect such columns to have a much smoother surface on the ends, and not the appearance of broken wooden timbers. And we do know, that Hong Kong University has already tested samples from a structure found high up in a cave on Ararat. And that University confirmed, that those samples were petrified wood. So it's not like we need to confirm that video. And if you doubt their results, all you need do, is contact the Applied Geoscience Center of the Department of Earth Sciences at Hong Kong University. Now if Hong Kong University confirms their results. Are you going to tell us, they did so only because they were bias Ark believers, or someone paid them off?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Then salt and fresh water species would have found themselves in a brine, which is lethal to a great number of species of aquatic life.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,317 times
Quote:
Of course they were not. It was not like uncle Noah's boatyard was anywhere near the sea now was it? Actually the only fish that could have made it to the ark are these;

You lot always point to the "sea shells" on mount Everest as proof of your fludd. Does that mean like us skeptics, your gawd destroyed the entire marine population by changing the salinity of the water?

Pray tell - or better yet show us where it states that the millions of marine (fresh and salt water) mammals and fishies and crustations were stored during this epic fludd of yours? Did captain Noah also have a submarine version of teh ark?

I mean after all your gawd decided to wipe out all the beasties he created, where do the marine critters we have today come from?

Seeing I do not know the bible story as you infer, please help us and give us a bible verse(s) to explain this dilemma.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Your correct Rifleman, I was thinking of Basalt pillow. And one could make an arguement that the video only showed us Basalt columns. However, I would expect such columns to have a much smoother surface on the ends, and not the appearance of broken wooden timbers. And we do know, that Hong Kong University has already tested samples from a structure found high up in a cave on Ararat. And that University confirmed, that those samples were petrified wood. So it's not like we need to confirm that video. And if you doubt their results, all you need do, is contact the Applied Geoscience Center of the Department of Earth Sciences at Hong Kong University. Now if Hong Kong University confirms their results. Are you going to tell us, they did so only because they were bias Ark believers, or someone paid them off?
No we don't know that...We only have your word for it. I looked on the the Hong Kong university site....Nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality