Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 05:20 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bury the evidence and keep it secret huh? Darn that Washington, they do the same thing with all the UFO and alien evidence, not to mention all that sasquatch stuff....If you believe that Campbell, I have some land in Florida for sale...
I want first crack at him, got some prime ocean front property, available for a song, in Kansas.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:33 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
However, new hard evidence has now come to us from the years 2006 and 2007. And this evidence helps confirm the Ed Davis cave account, and ark sighting. Consider link below.
Aw get real man, "*_IF_*" anything even slightly credible the fundies would have brought down the internet posting links and crowing about proof their delusions weren't delusions.

Ah, but there is the rub, finding something credible.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:06 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Aw get real man, "*_IF_*" anything even slightly credible the fundies would have brought down the internet posting links and crowing about proof their delusions weren't delusions.

Ah, but there is the rub, finding something credible.
Turkish authorities, veteran mountaineers, archaeologist, gelolgists, and members of Hong Kong-based Noah's Ark Ministries International displayed an almost one-metre-long peice of petrified wood before the media. The wood is part of a long structure they had unearthed during their 2007 exploration. And this is the first time in the history of the Ark search that an exploration team is getting material evidence and graphic documentation.

They have already found something credible, and you are now in serious denial of the facts. The photos from space showed us that there was a man-made object up there, and other personal accounts have been telling us the samething. I believe from this point forward, there will be more attempts to reach the Ark, and it appears now even the Turkish authorities are onboard. Weather and wild bears and numerous other problems have made the search very difficult. Yet, I believe we will have more evidence coming to us as time passes.
In 2002, Claudio Schranz took a video of what appears to be heavy wood beams protruding high up on the parrot glacier on Mt. Ararat. He was not able to get to that spot, but did take this video. The beams look man-made. Consider link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQ6n...eature=related

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-18-2009 at 08:12 PM..

Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Your "evidence" is from a religious website with a pre-ordained agenda. Not exactly credible, announcing a discovery of exactly what they wanted to find.

Additionally, your "large wood structure" does not have to be an ark, even if it were there. I know of a log cabin that is very old, does that make it part of the ark?

Where are you alleged filmed documentaries and when were they shown? If they indeed did prove anything, the churches of the world would be shouting about them from the rooftops. This, instead of a group of loonies claiming unveriable things and stating a conspiracy to hide the evidence from everyone (why it should be hidden is never explained).

In other words, you started out wrong, never proved your claim except to yourself, and remain wrong.

The reasons to doubt such an ark have been laid out time and again for you to ignore (never repudiate mind you). Yet you claim to have the sole truth about everything and, to use your term, everyone else in the entire world must be lying.

Sure.
The web site may of been religious, however those who went up to Arrarat in 2007 were not all from that group. And in fact, there were Turkish authorities, veteran mountaineers, archaelolgists, and geologists, ect.

Also, a new video from another group that went to the mountain in 2002 shows us what appears to be large man-made wooden beams protruding from the parrot glacier near the top of Ararat. What would large man-made wooden beams be doing three miles up on the top of a mountain? I don't care what everyone else thinks, I believe the Bible has been telling us the truth, and most of the world has been ignoring that truth. Consider link below. A little write up is to the right of the screen, and if you click on more info, there is a little more.

YouTube - Wooden Beam of Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-18-2009 at 08:49 PM..

Old 10-18-2009, 08:50 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
It is most likely not wood but basalt...The same thing your imaginary ark is made of...

Basalt columns

Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,640,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Easy for you to verify.

My question was for C34, but that's okay. Yes, there are plenty of images of petrified trees and petrified wood. But that's not what I was asking about. Your link, however, was no help at all and contained no photos of either the so-called "petrified tree from 1918" or the "petrified fence posts". A number of sites seem to point to the Burke's Backyard TV program as the only source. If it's available online, I haven't found it yet.

After digging around, I could only find one image of what is claimed to be piece of a "petrified fence post" from none other than the Institute for Creation Research website. The author states he was given this fragment and an analysis shows it is petrified wood. It was found along an old fence line in Washingtone state, probably from the 1800s. Okay, I can accept that. The author further states that it "had a nail imprint and marks of a strand of barbed wire." An imprint? Marks? Those could be anything. The stub shown in the photo below is all that remained. In other words there was no fence post, just a stub of petrified wood along an old fence line.

The author also states, "Does it prove anything? Not really..." Evidently, the author, John D. Morris, isn't especially convinced about it either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	petrified_fence_post.jpg
Views:	7927
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	51267

Are Human Artifacts Ever Petrified?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It is most likely not wood but basalt...The same thing your imaginary ark is made of...

Basalt columns

Basalt columns are usually formed by underwater extrusion. If those wood beams are really Basalt columns, how were they extruded underwater when they are located near the top of Mt. Ararat? Also, the ends of those beams do not look like the smooth break we see in your Basalt columns, they look more like broken timbers. And I might add here, the upper beam seems to have something hanging on it like a blade of grass, this would be more in keeping with wood and not a Basalt column.

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-18-2009 at 11:37 PM..

Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Tom seems to be staying well clear of post 714.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:00 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,462 times
Quote:
Basalt columns are usually formed by underwater extrusion. If those wood beams are really Basalt columns, how were they extruded underwater when they are located near the top of Mt. Ararat? Also, the ends of those beams do not look like the smooth break we see in your Basalt columns, they look more like broken timbers. And I might add here, the upper beam seems to have something hanging on it like a blade of grass, this would be more in keeping with wood and not a Basalt column.
WRONG!
Basalt is a common extrusive volcanic rock. It is usually grey to black and fine-grained due to rapid cooling of lava at the surface of a planet. It may be porphyritic containing larger crystals in a fine matrix, or vesicular, or frothy scoria. Unweathered basalt is black or grey.

On Earth, most basalt magmas have formed by decompression melting of the mantle. Basalt has also formed on Earth's Moon, Mars, Venus, and even on the asteroid Vesta. Source rocks for the partial melts probably include both peridotite and pyroxenite (e.g., Sobolev et al., 2007). The crustal portions of oceanic tectonic plates are composed predominantly of basalt, produced from upwelling mantle below ocean ridges.
You really should do research before posting your rubbish.

ETA:

Ooh lookee here

Columnar jointed basalt in Turkey of all places go figure.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Nice try Tom, but no cigar....Ararat is a volcano, and basalt columns are formed of lava during the cooling period, not necessarily under water. Did you know that there are many such formations in the US and other places world wide including Turkey? Devil's Tower in Wyoming for instance is nowhere near any water.

Uh, by the way would that blade of grass be petrified?...Don't you have any idea how silly your arguments are?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality