Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:18 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Look at the politicans of the USA.

They ALL claim to be Christian. Even Barack Obama.

If a politician admits that they are not Christian, it is basically political suicide.

There you go.....

Just compare the laws in the USA to the laws of other countries. You'll see what i'm talking about. Across the board we have more rules and regulations in just about every area.
Just the type of non-answer I've come to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
How about Christians learn to live with others? How folks who are orthodox, evangelical, fundamentalist learn to live in a world where there are differences? The world is not big enough for every religion to have there "own" place that is just theirs........

Old 09-25-2009, 07:56 AM

250 posts, read 563,160 times
Default They already have

Christians have their country,Jews have their state and Muslims have their country as well. I think your question should rather be "Are we better off being non-religious with good morals"

Old 09-25-2009, 08:11 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
The problem is when you have religions who have at their base " we are right and everyone else is wrong", there is where the problem lies because it sets up the idea you need to "save" all the others. It also makes it nearly impossible to live with others because those who want there own Christian country are incapable of living with other religions.

Religions who have at there center the belief that we are all Gods people and God gave us differences. That we need to follow a ethical moral code such as making the world a better place, giving to those in need, and that all can be righteous (religious & non religious). Those religions are able to co-exist in peace with others.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:12 AM

606 posts, read 1,234,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
I always thought Christians were to take the message of Christ to the nations. It seems like separation is diametrically opposed to the instructions of Christ. Also, who would decide the criteria for being a Christian? There are many professed Christians here in America who do not fit in with the right wing conservative variety.

Lastly, from about 325 AD to its fall Rome was a Christian state. That did not stop it from being deeply divided and politically corrupt. And much of the division was along Christian theological lines. So I am not sure a Christian state in America would be the answer.
I have to agree here.
Also Obama is not the only one ruining this country I have to say that Hollywood has a big part of ruining this country!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:58 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
To the OP....it wouldn't work, just as other faith centered governments don't work to its advantage.

The Flesh takes over...all the time.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:43 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinda94 View Post
Christians have their country,Jews have their state and Muslims have their country as well. I think your question should rather be "Are we better off being non-religious with good morals"
Christians indeed did have their "own countries", and then our Founders deemed it neccessary to leave the Empire one of those "Christian countries" built up.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't care. The only part I disagree with is that we "give" them anything. If they want their own country they can find a place and colonize it, on their own dime.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:09 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't care. The only part I disagree with is that we "give" them anything. If they want their own country they can find a place and colonize it, on their own dime.
That would be the fair way to go about it, wouldn't it?

Old 09-25-2009, 05:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I just think we need to divide things up in the USA to make everyone happy. Get back to what the USA was founded on, self-governance of each state with a very limited federal government.

Lets have some parts of the USA truely liberal. Let's have some parts truely conservative. And lets have other parts everything in between without the federal government broadbrushing it's laws across the entire country.
Hey California Bear why do you think it is called the (United) States of America.? Why are you making the country divisive? You know the saying"United We stand,Divided We Fall".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality