Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessep28 View Post
Even us LCMS Lutherans have our seeker sensitive problem childs. This one in Arkansas for instance:

LakePointe Church: Home

It will be interesting what happens to the megachurch style LCMS congregations now that Rev. Harrison is in charge of the Synod.
I am not a LCMS church member, but I would love to see how the seeker problem will be dealt with.

we have 2 area LCMS churches here who are part of the

seeker-driven peddling Willow Creek Association

and both have peddled teachers that the LCMS have said are false teachers

Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Just listening to the podcast from 10/3. Seems their Pastor, Les, is claiming God gave them the name. (Nevermind the fact that his first choice was taken already (LifePoint).

He's doing some interesting exegesis on Proverbs and jumping to a few other passages to make his point.

Les Beauchamp at times is a good preacher, but he and Lifegate Church of Omaha Nebraska

are way too much into signs and wonders and what is hip and cool rather than being a good bible teacher.

there is no discernment when it comes to what Les and his church teach.

and that is true in most other willow creek association churches

a lot of false teachings and false teachers over the years have been peddled and promoted at les Beuachamp 's church.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:53 PM

just found WOF peddler Rod Parsley is coming to the Lord of Hosts church in the millard area

why am I not surprised. Discernment is not welcome at Kunnemann 's church. Kunnemann is a big time false teacher in Omaha area

Events - Special Guest Speaker Rod Parsley (http://www.lohchurch.org/events/details/41-special-guest-speaker-rod-parsley.html - broken link)

video on Greed Gospel preachers like Rod Parsley.

btw: Parsley and his fellow WOF grifters are having their TBN beg-a-thon for the fall starting on Halloween nigh this year

(fitting considering TBN has got ghouls who have hijacked christianity for greed)

Last edited by billiefan2000; 10-28-2010 at 05:12 PM..

Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Honestly....if you're going to "Lord of Hosts" church...is Parsley going to screw up your faith any more than it already is?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Honestly....if you're going to "Lord of Hosts" church...is Parsley going to screw up your faith any more than it already is?
good point. I prefer to call Lord of Hosts church:

Lord of Illusions church cause a lot of the stuff they promote is false.

Hank Kunnemann and his churchis anti-discernment zealots.

his "church" I doubt has ever read 1 John 4:1 or 1 Timothy 4:1

Old 11-01-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

Hank Kunnemann and his churchis anti-discernment zealots.

his "church" I doubt has ever read 1 John 4:1 or 1 Timothy 4:1
Or the New Testament, in general. Life will not necessarily be a bed of roses if you get saved. To preach a "gospel" that teaches you it will just be health and wealth is spiritual malpractice.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:49 AM

calvinist, what is your take on local church's singles groups?

cause I was told by friends who go to a willow creek association church
Willow Creek Association - Find A Church

in omaha's singles groups that the church serves beer, at the singles groups.

u or anyone else heard anything about that and also why are some local churches seem to look down on those who choose to be single or arent looking for a romantic relationship right now

speaking of wca: Kingsway Christian and 1st Covenant Church have dropped ties with the wca.

I hope all churches in the Omaha follow theres and others who have renounced the wca example.

Last edited by billiefan2000; 11-09-2010 at 10:01 AM..

Old 11-09-2010, 10:46 AM

108 posts, read 284,630 times
Quote:
so? I'm part of a conservative church and I've brought beer to events!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
calvinist, what is your take on local church's singles groups?

cause I was told by friends who go to a willow creek association church
Willow Creek Association - Find A Church

u or anyone else heard anything about that and also why are some local churches seem to look down on those who choose to be single or arent looking for a romantic relationship right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelwnelson View Post
so? I'm part of a conservative church and I've brought beer to events!
I met my wife in a large Omaha church's singles group. We had both been attending there for a couple of years and we knew each other before we started dating. We both saw people that came and went that acted as if it was a singles bar...but those folks generally didn't stick around long because the group just wasn't really for that type of thing.

As a married couple we also attended an adult Sunday School class that was made up of probably 30 couples. We had some great friendships.

Between both groups I only saw beer at a gathering once---someone brought a 6 pack to a Labor Day party...but it sat unopened and no one drank. I don't think it's wrong to drink alcohol--in moderation, of course--but in an official church event I think it's potentially a bad thing if there is anyone that has a drinking problem.

Quote:
I am not a LCMS church member, but I would love to see how the seeker problem will be dealt with.

we have 2 area LCMS churches here who are part of the

seeker-driven peddling Willow Creek Association

and both have peddled teachers that the LCMS have said are false teachers
I heard an interesting discussion of Rick Warren being a "pastor to pastors" on Fighting for the Faith the other day. Chris Rosebrough was making the point that if your pastor is looking more to Rick Warren for guidance or ideas, then Rick would really be more of a "Bishop" or denominational leader than the denomination that your pastor is actually in.

Why do churches call themselves "Lutheran" or whatever if they're adhering to Warren's teachings that may conflict with their church's teachings? We even see the blurring of denominational lines when we see many churches of different denominations (and much different doctrines) all doing the Purpose-Driven thing.

Last edited by Calvinist; 11-09-2010 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 PM

108 posts, read 284,630 times
Quote:
Between both groups I only saw beer at a gathering once---someone brought a 6 pack to a Labor Day party...but it sat unopened and no one drank. I don't think it's wrong to drink alcohol--in moderation, of course--but in an official church event I think it's potentially a bad thing if there is anyone that has a drinking problem.
Yeah, in official events I'd probably shy away from it too, especially not knowing who might come – or maybe have it as an option but not flaunt it. In a small group it's safer esp. if you know the others in the group and all. Anyway, not to derail the discussion on that aspect...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality