Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM

33,551 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

This doesn't seem to be working very well for some people

"Religion needs science to keep it away from superstition and keep it close to reality, to protect it from creationism, which at the end of the day is a kind of paganism - it's turning God into a nature god." Guy J. Consolmagno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Nope. Sungenis is not the "electromagnetic forces" of the universe expert.
On the Geocentric universe: he is a student of the Word of God and of the created universe, itself. He's only one of many, and why would where he got his credentials bother you, anyway, as Darwin had none at all, and yet you make him your expert?

Then again: why are you so insecure in your own beliefs that you must attack the messengers, instead of dealing with the message?
I'm not a darwinist.
Robert Sungenis co-wrote a book called "Galileo was wrong" which uses physics among other things as examples to prove his view. Only a fool would take anything he says regarding physics and science seriously.. his degrees are from low tier universities and his phd is from some no-name university in canada that nobody's ever heard of.

this is the person whose opinion you take more serious than actual scientists and physicists from ivy league universities. some guy with 3 degrees in religious studies knows more than scientists and physicists about science and physics right?
i hope you don't procreate.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:00 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,489 times
Default This is all funny.

Hegel with the absolute Science viewpoint was convinced that there wer eight planets for a rational number, and that all of their moons would unlike the planets be purely crystalline and without magnetic fields.

Life was no individuality on the Moon.

Happy Chinese New Year.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:28 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
I'm not a darwinist.
You are not an evolutionist?

Quote:
Robert Sungenis co-wrote a book called "Galileo was wrong" which uses physics among other things as examples to prove his view. Only a fool would take anything he says regarding physics and science seriously.. his degrees are from low tier universities and his phd is from some no-name university in canada that nobody's ever heard of.
Quote:
"There exists no better exposition of the history and science of geocentrism. Very highly recommended and a must for all those interested in the issues surrounding geocentrism today" (Gerardus Bouw, Ph.D., Astronomy)

"In their over 700-page book, Drs. Sungenis and Bennett make a convincing case for the special and central position of the earth in the cosmos" (Vincent Schmithorst, Ph.D., Physics)

"Galileo Was Wrong is a work of monumental proportion which ranks, in my opinion, on a par with the meticulous observations of the Danish astronomer, Tycho Brahe, and the tireless efforts of Walter van der Kamp" (Neville Jones, Ph.D., Physics)

"Sungenis and Bennett examine the anomalies that arise from the Copernican model...A must read for those who can set aside prejudices and a priori assumptions" (Joseph Strada, Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering)-http://www.catholicintl.com/products/books/gwwprint.htm
Also these endorsed Sungenis and Bennetts work:
Quote:
E. Michael Jones, Ph.D., ed. Culture Wars
Russell T. Arndts, Ph.D., Chemistry, LSU
Martin Selbrede, Chief Scientist, Unipixel
-http://www.catholicintl.com/products/books/gwwprint.htm
Quote:
this is the person whose opinion you take more serious than actual scientists and physicists from ivy league universities. some guy with 3 degrees in religious studies knows more than scientists and physicists about science and physics right?
i hope you don't procreate.
Don't trust any "so called science" which has been politicized, as Climategate proves. Its all about protecting the mighty 'research' dollars and keeping the power; and is not about searching for truth, as climategate proves. -http://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderblogs/thornhill.htm
I'm the wife of one, the blessed mother of seven, and the grandmother of a dozen and a half, of which I have influence over about a dozen.
I have siblings and neices and nephews and in-laws and friends and neighbors. -Does that bother you? -so sorry for you, then.

But you err on whom "I trust". I have walked with the LORD for over forty years and have trusted Him from the beginning of my first meeting Him, when He saved my soul.
I love His word, and take that over any man's. I also find that no 'so called' scientist has ever proved God wrong on His creation facts, as He has revealed them in His word.

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Universe-Wallace-Thornhill-Talbott/dp/0977285138Editorial (broken link)
Review

A magnificent description of electricity in space. Authors Thornhill and Talbott offer a sweeping critique of today's popular cosmology. They show that galaxies, stars (including our Sun), and comets can be best understood through the well-tested behavior of electricity the one force about which astronomers seem to know almost nothing. Having now devoted many years to investigating this question, I am in full agreement. --Donald E. Scott, professor of electrical engineering (retired)
Wallace Thornhill, physicist,
The Electric Universe

Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 PM

Just wanted you to know i didn't read a word of that either.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Just wanted you to know i didn't read a word of that either.
Who are you speaking to and what are you claiming to not be reading, in your replies to them?

Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM

One Believing Christian man's journey, shared, on the matter:
http://www.creationcalendar.com/files/Geocentricity.pdf
Quote:
“The world has just as many myths today as it had 3000 years ago. Can we help if the humanists and
Bible critics have swallowed every myth we have today [as truth] while rejecting the Truth as myth?
Having said that, we need to prove our point for we are, after all, challenging the established
[heliocentricity based] belief system.” Geocentrist astronomer, Gerardus D. Bouw, Ph.D., “Draco the
Dragon”, The Biblical Astronomer, Vol. 12, #100, Spring, 2002.

Dr. Bouw again: “Again, once more for the record: it has been shown at least six different ways this
century alone that the equations and physics used by NASA to launch satellites are identical to the
equations derived from a geocentric universe. Thus, if the space program is proof of anything, it
proves geocentricity and disproves heliocentricity.” “News Extracts”, Bulletin of Tychonian Society,
Spring, 1990, #53, p. 28

Old 02-12-2010, 08:19 PM

alright i'd say its time for this thread to be closed.

this person clearly cannot answer a simple question in her own words.. let alone have a discussion like a human being. but rather shows us how effectively she can copy and paste things from websites.
quick someone ask me what i think about health care so i can go copy and paste a ton of things from several websites because my brain shut down many years ago and i am incapable of thinking or speaking for myself. i am a robot. ask me any question and i will quote someone else because there is nothing in my skull.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,960,510 times
The hardest part of a denial of Geocentrist thinking is explaining away the strings that all of the planets are hanging from. We can see them. They are there. Not to mention the hand of God that holds up the Starship Enterprise as it zooms around. Don't deny the message and shoot the guy in the red shirt.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,866,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
You are barking mad yeshuasavedme.
no, mad would be an improvement, he is almost rational in his delusional fantasy. It is consistent, wrong of course, but consistent none-the-less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality