Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
... The entire heavens rotate around the earth, beginning with the light called into being on day 1, which light was stretched out with the heavens...etc.

Wow...

I hope you don't use a GPS system.

You can't explain planetary retrograde motion or stellar parallax with a stationary-Earth model. Unless you are willing to admit that Ptolemy was correct...

But then again I doubt you even think that deeply.

Last edited by Astron1000; 02-11-2010 at 09:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post

yea this is my conclusion as well

i ask him/her a simple question about whether he believes in satellites or not (like the ones that provide gps service among many other things) and he/she links me some website... which means he doesn't think for himself

i specifically asked him for his opinion.. instead he links me to some site.
the sad part is this site he linked me to has things concerning gamma rays and quotes a lot of people out of context.. sometimes trying to use "science" and scientific terms to prove their point.. which is ridiculous considering how they're taken out of context but more importantly it gives people like "yeshuasavedme" a false sense of being right... like they see a picture of "gamma ray distribution" and think this somehow confirms their view when they do not understand a SINGLE thing about what they're reading LOL

Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 PM

598 posts, read 917,519 times
From religious perspective, Earth must be the center of universe -- that's where humans are (those made in God's image). The very idea that Earth goes around Sun offends religions.

Believe in GPS navigation satellites, worshiping satellites fits religious idea: it's too complex and too meaningful. Therefore, they must be purposeful.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:58 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post

geocentrism.com GWW will answer your questions.

i know im beating a dead horse here continuing this since its obvious you don't think for yourself...

i didnt ask you for links to a website. i asked YOU personally if you believed in satellites (i phrase it this way- with the word "believe in"-) because it seems that if you're dismissing the fact that IF a satellite would indeed be able to confirm a geocentric view, it would've done so by now. but on the contrary, satellites confirm the opposite; they can photograph and record the earth, the moon, the sun, planets and their respective orbits. furthermore, these satellites, not only have ALREADY shown the earth to be tilted on an axis (via photographs, not thru baseless assumptions), but also that the earth itself rotates.
so that is why i ask you if you believe in them... because what can you say to dismiss concrete evidence other than to say it isnt possible or that you dont believe in it... and if you dont believe a satellite can show this (via simple video recording or photographs) then surely you can't believe that they can provide MUCH more complex services, like global positioning (gps), voice and video communications, broadcast television programming, internet communications, guide missiles thousands of miles away and so forth.

that geocentrism site is so ridiculous by the way. look up "redshift" on your own and read about it so you can see how retarded they are in using that as "proof" of geocentrism. do YOU know what redshift is? how do you KNOW how this "proves" geocentrism?
do you think for yourself?
this is kind of frustrating to be honest... its almost childlike your instant acceptance of anything written in these sites as true.

Redshift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^read that for yourself and tell me in your own words how this proves geocentrism.
: smack:

Old 02-11-2010, 11:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
This should be entertaining!! Popcorn anyone?

Old 02-12-2010, 12:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,803 times
Isn't there a point to be made though that all 'movement' is relative? If the earth were to be established (theoretically) as a stationary reference point then all other objects move and the earth stands still.

Look at it like this - if the earth were the only object in the universe, who could tell if it was moving or not? By the same token we assume the movement of ourselves and the movement of all other objects in space based strictly upon the fact that other objects around us constantly vary in distance to ourselves.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:24 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Quote:

This surprises you? The same person thinks the sun is a giant energy crystal! Go ahead. Ask. I dare you.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
This surprises you? The same person thinks the sun is a giant energy crystal! Go ahead. Ask. I dare you.
I dare not go there!

You know what they say...Give a monkey a keyboard and enough time...

Last edited by Astron1000; 02-12-2010 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 AM

310 posts, read 589,583 times
Quote:
Wow...

No, there are several posters here whose posts are the forum's equivalent of white noise. Monotonous, boring, empty of anything relating to the real world...

Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
yea this is my conclusion as well

i ask him/her a simple question about whether he believes in satellites or not (like the ones that provide gps service among many other things) and he/she links me some website... which means he doesn't think for himself

i specifically asked him for his opinion.. instead he links me to some site.
the sad part is this site he linked me to has things concerning gamma rays and quotes a lot of people out of context.. sometimes trying to use "science" and scientific terms to prove their point.. which is ridiculous considering how they're taken out of context but more importantly it gives people like "yeshuasavedme" a false sense of being right... like they see a picture of "gamma ray distribution" and think this somehow confirms their view when they do not understand a SINGLE thing about what they're reading LOL
I doubt very sincerely that you understand the Bible on creation's wording itself, and the universe as Enoch was shown it and its operation by the "forces" which sustain it.

CAI - Guy Consolmagno, Head of Vatican Observatory, Will Not Deny Geocentrism ~ Robert Sungenis (http://www.catholicintl.com/catholicissues/notdenygeo.htm - broken link)
Guy Consolmagno was born on September 19, 1952, in Detroit, Michigan, and obtained his bachelor of science in 1974 and master of science in 1975 in Earth and Planetary Sciences from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and his Ph.D. in Planetary Science from the University of Arizona in 1978....
[/quote]
[quote]In brief, Consolmagno would not admit to the interviewer that the sun did not go around the earth.
Actually, when Consolmagno said the math worked easier with heliocentrism, I wish I could have chimed in at that point, since I could have shown that the math actually works easier with geocentrism. In fact, it works so much easier that NASA and the Jet Propulsion Lab use geocentric mechanics to send up their spaceflights, and they correct the Solar Barycentric Model by using the Fixed Earth model!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality