Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 11:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The other thread is too long to wade through, and it supposes that Satan is a cherub named Lucifer, putting together Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 passages.

Lucifer is not a name, and means light bearer. Lest anyone tell you that Lucifer means day star, they err, biblically, as Jesus Christ is the Day Star, and He also will give the "Day Star" to His own.
[URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=2Pe&c=1&t=KJV#19"]2Pe 1:19[/URL] We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

[URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rev&c=2&t=KJV#28"]Rev 2:28[/URL] And I will give him the morning star.[URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rev&c=22&t=KJV#16"]Rev 22:16[/URL] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.
Satan was always just what he is, and has never, ever been called a fallen angel or a rebel Cherub, and has never been "kicked out of Eden", nor has he taken up rebellion against God. He does what he was created to do, serving as a tempter/tester/of men and angels, who then serves as prosecuting attorney before the throne against the saints, to accuse them and "get the spoils", or else to accuse them and get to "sift them like wheat", so as to try to get the spoils. Everyone gets tested and is tried and proved before the regeneration of the heavens and the earth. The rejects are cast aways, and Satan and his angels get to torment them in the Lake of Fire forever.
There is much ancient writing in Enoch and in Jewish writings that show that there is a host of Satans, with one chief, and that they were made exactly to do what they do and they serve God by doing it -and they get the spoils of the rejects, for themselves to torment in the lake of fire.

The lake of fire was made for Satan and his angels -they are not and were not holy angels. They were made/created as [URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H1961&t=KJV"]h1961[/URL] היה hayah - as the spirits in heaven who are all called satans, and who tempt, test, and try men and angels.

The serpent in the Garden was "subtil" by creation, not covered. Adam became not subtil, not covered, when he fell, and Adam got cast out of the Garden, not the serpent.

The serpent was [URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H1961&t=KJV"]h1961[/URL] היה hayah, and
crafty [URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H6175&t=KJV"]h6175[/URL] ערום `aruwm

Now that Adam fell [we are all Adam, as to our race], Adam's race is not covered, and is also subtil, naked
`-eyrom, from [URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H6175&t=KJV"]h6175[/URL] ערום `aruwm.

Now the Adam race is like the serpent and the Adam race is no longer sons of God [as Adam was made to be -Luke 3:38], and are become like the serpent,
[URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H6175&t=KJV"]h6175[/URL] ערום `aruwm.

The Cherub in Ezekiel is not a Satan, and may or may not refer to Adam, as the spirit of the race, in speaking of the spirit of the rebellion of Adam [which is a dead spirit since the fall and is no longer covered with the glory, and is as subtil as the serpent].

Adam only, was cast out of the Garden, not the serpent. The King James version is faulty in its translation of the passage in Ezekiel because of translator bias, not because of the Hebrew.

Also, for those die-hards who want the cherub to be Satan, let them be aware that they have no biblical foundation for such a claim, and they are themselves only following myths of men who were illiterate in the Hebrew, and who were hellenized men who were cut off from the roots of the Christian faith, Judaism, and the revelations of Enoch the prophet, seventh from Adam.
The Cherubim of God's Garden and throne are reported in the Bible as being living creatures who have:
1 four faces [ox, Adam/man, eagle and lamb], and four wings, hands like Adam, and calf feet;
2 two faces [ox and lion],
or else the ophannim [wrongly translated wheel in the English in Ezekiel chapter 1 and 10] have the four faces, and the Cherubim have the two -The "wheels" are the "Ophannim", and they are also the four living creatures in Revelation, seen by John and described by Enoch, who are named in Enoch, and their duties are told of in Enoch. One of whom "fends off the satans who come before the throne to accuse the saints".
Revelation is a companion book to 1 Enoch, and anyone without Enoch cannot understand Revelation, as Jesus gave it, for it finishes what Enoch began to see and wrote of, which he was given by revelation to write of, before the flood.

At any rate, the face of the cherub is an ox, in Ezekiel 10. This is not a serpent. And "lucifer" is not a name, in the Hebrew of Isaiah 14.

From Ezekiel 10
And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
And [they had] the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man/Adam, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

The "face" of a cherub is an ox.

[URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Eze&c=10&t=KJV#comm/14"]Eze 10:14[/URL] And every one had four faces: the first face [was] the face of a cherub, and the second face [was] the face of a man/Adam, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
One big flaw in your argument that Satan isn't the cherub in Ezekiel. You are arguing that because the cherubim don't look like snakes that it therefore could not have been one in the garden. What's worse, you argue that ADAM fits the mold of a cherub! Are you kidding me? Does Adam have four faces? Does he have wings covered in eyes? Does he have calf feet? Yet a serpent is ruled out as a cherub. Smdh.

First of all, the cherubim are among the most powerful beings in the universe according to the various Abrahamic faiths. Are you arguing that one couldn't take on the form of a serpent to trick Adam and Eve (or even TEST them, as you argue is Satan's main job)?

Second, as I pointed out above, it makes no sense to exclude the serpent because the description of a cherub doesn't match with that as a serpent while arguing that A MAN could be that cherub... I mean, how does a man look like a cherub?

No offense but your reasoning here is inconsistent at best. The rest is pretty solid though.

EDIT- just realized I responded to a five year old post. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 06:36 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Team Killer View Post
One big flaw in your argument that Satan isn't the cherub in Ezekiel. You are arguing that because the cherubim don't look like snakes that it therefore could not have been one in the garden. What's worse, you argue that ADAM fits the mold of a cherub! Are you kidding me? Does Adam have four faces? Does he have wings covered in eyes? Does he have calf feet? Yet a serpent is ruled out as a cherub. Smdh.

First of all, the cherubim are among the most powerful beings in the universe according to the various Abrahamic faiths. Are you arguing that one couldn't take on the form of a serpent to trick Adam and Eve (or even TEST them, as you argue is Satan's main job)?

Second, as I pointed out above, it makes no sense to exclude the serpent because the description of a cherub doesn't match with that as a serpent while arguing that A MAN could be that cherub... I mean, how does a man look like a cherub?

No offense but your reasoning here is inconsistent at best. The rest is pretty solid though.

EDIT- just realized I responded to a five year old post. Sorry.
It was the cleverest of all the BEASTS of the field that G-d had created....

Old 11-19-2015, 10:46 PM

360 posts, read 234,126 times
The simple explanation is there were thirteen angels in heaven when Satan set himself (itself) up as a god away from the throne of God. I know there are other names for God's fallen angel, I'll just call him Satan. Apparently naïve, the other angels surrounded Satan. Instead of loving them, Satan attacked and hurt them. An angel complained to God about Satan attacking them. Subsequently, God created the universe and imprisoned Satan. Satan has made desperate attempts to escape the universe and return to heaven, but to no avail. When Satan has time or has an evil compulsion, he comes into the world to cause havoc. Otherwise, Satan attacks the boundary of the universe hoping to escape. Incredible as it may seem, Satan uses galaxies to crash the boundary. Check it out, scientist call black scars on the boundary damage from other universes bumping into our universe. I believe they are from Satan's desperate escape attempts.

Incidentally, there are no other fallen angels from heaven, just Satan. In appearance, Satan retains his brilliant holy light, but he is ugly, not beautiful as he was in heaven. As Satan ages, he becomes less brilliant and more ugly. He also has a dark appearance. He may appear as a brilliant light or he may appear as an intensely dark image. As time progresses, Satan will become increasingly dark, like a black hole in the universe. Humans can only observe Satan when he reveals himself. If he does, be aware, it could destroy you. Humans are not equipped to handle an experience with Satan.

Last edited by earl012; 11-19-2015 at 10:58 PM..

Old 11-20-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
The simple explanation is there were thirteen angels in heaven when Satan set himself (itself) up as a god away from the throne of God. I know there are other names for God's fallen angel, I'll just call him Satan. Apparently naïve, the other angels surrounded Satan. Instead of loving them, Satan attacked and hurt them. An angel complained to God about Satan attacking them. Subsequently, God created the universe and imprisoned Satan. Satan has made desperate attempts to escape the universe and return to heaven, but to no avail. When Satan has time or has an evil compulsion, he comes into the world to cause havoc. Otherwise, Satan attacks the boundary of the universe hoping to escape. Incredible as it may seem, Satan uses galaxies to crash the boundary. Check it out, scientist call black scars on the boundary damage from other universes bumping into our universe. I believe they are from Satan's desperate escape attempts.

Incidentally, there are no other fallen angels from heaven, just Satan. In appearance, Satan retains his brilliant holy light, but he is ugly, not beautiful as he was in heaven. As Satan ages, he becomes less brilliant and more ugly. He also has a dark appearance. He may appear as a brilliant light or he may appear as an intensely dark image. As time progresses, Satan will become increasingly dark, like a black hole in the universe. Humans can only observe Satan when he reveals himself. If he does, be aware, it could destroy you. Humans are not equipped to handle an experience with Satan.
Where in the world do you get this stuff???...

Old 11-20-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where in the world do you get this stuff???...
I learned about Satan from a personal experience and a few dreams about heaven. It puts a whole different perspective on Satan. He is real, and he is dangerous. Satan is the reason for the universe. God didn't create it for immortal humans. When we are gone, Satan will still be here causing chaos. I've already posted much of this. Sorry you missed it.

Last edited by earl012; 11-20-2015 at 01:22 PM..

Old 11-21-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
I learned about Satan from a personal experience and a few dreams about heaven. It puts a whole different perspective on Satan. He is real, and he is dangerous. Satan is the reason for the universe. God didn't create it for immortal humans. When we are gone, Satan will still be here causing chaos. I've already posted much of this. Sorry you missed it.

You do know that you can control your dreams, don't you?...I mean, make them whatever you want them to be...

Old 11-21-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You do know that you can control your dreams, don't you?...I mean, make them whatever you want them to be...
No use going there, I am not going to lie or change what has happened. Also, I am not going to make up dreams to satisfying public opinion. I post ideas from personal experiences as they apply. What I know is extraordinary, it makes religion look like mythology and the world more like a cesspool than a land of milk and honey. Do what others do, ignore my posts. I will, however, post what I please.

Last edited by earl012; 11-21-2015 at 11:54 AM..

Old 07-27-2018, 12:13 PM

515 posts, read 1,059,576 times
Totally agree. Jesus said Satan was a liar and a murderer from the BEGINING!

Old 07-27-2018, 12:19 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior6 View Post
Totally agree. Jesus said Satan was a liar and a murderer from the BEGINING!
Exactly as jesus/god created satan to be, from the beginning.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:21 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykate View Post
Satan and his angels were made my God to tempt us and Gods angels? Even the Bible says God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone.
Plus God is purely good, purely love and 100% holy so he cannot create evil. Evil is only an absence of God or distortion of His truths.
Actually the Bible says that God creates evil.

Isaiah 45:
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. [kjv]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality