Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 07:25 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,601,675 times

Advertisements

It is possible now to use someone’s home WiFi router as a sort of passive radar signal to detect people moving in their homes...

Through-the-Wall Sensing of Personnel Using Passive Bistatic WiFi Radar at Standoff Distances
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 02:50 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Thankfully I’m not in this any of these situations but this stuff does happen and there are people who are crazy and just like to mess with people. And they’re very good at it and it’s all seemingly so preposterous that the victims are not believed which only excites the perpetrators more. The only good advice and solution is to move as soon as you can even if you have to take a hit in the wallet. Each person must decide what that amount can be but your quality of life is at stake and if you can swing it get out.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:46 AM

4 posts, read 9,587 times
Default disturbed neighbor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwest View Post
savannahonmind,

A lot of folks here want to tell you you're paranoid. You sound perfectly reasonable.

I had a similar thing happen to me. In fact, the whole following me around the apartment from above, making an inordinate amount of noise and telling the police they were "playing cards", running a laser pointer to make cats run over my head while I watched a show, dropping loud things while I worked on my computer, etc etc etc, is exactly how it proceeded. I don't have sensitization issues -- I was made a target through my floor.

It was an amazing experience. We had the police and a lawyer involved and finally just relocated. After we moved across town, this person rounded up her friends and continued to stalk/harass us. It was a mess. This woman partied, did drugs, and lied as a pastime. I would try to explain to people what was going on, but no one could fathom a person standing in the kitchen above us slamming the utensil drawer repeatedly for 45 minutes because I had washed a couple dishes. I'd flush the toilet, she'd flush it twice. Oh, I could go on.

So, no. This type of thing has happened and it wasn't down to paranoia, unfortunately. I often wondered how one could "see" through the floor and it's either careful listening, a listening amplification device, or a *very expensive* infrared device. In our case, where there was a will, there was a way.

Anyhow, some people have way too much time on their hands and way too little happiness in life -- they use all that pent up jealouit asy and envy to lash out at those they perceive as being better than themselves in some capacity.My friends told me to do.

And yes to everyone here: people do this. Good luck with things.
Hello Norwest, your notation from 2012, you may not receive this.
Welcome to the 21C, my situ as you described and to ADD to......Me in my Owned apt 2y, he below, just 4 months and then.......My shower on at 3pm* and then he banters the side of his tub Or goes to his deck and starts raking his deck OR turns on his electric power drill OR sits in ABSOLUTE SILENCE**, no taps running, no showers, NO NOISE PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!. Sits in unit ALLLLL day EVERY day and does what ??? Saw him on his deck building shelves when he moved in, early 70's, wig, short stature and from different culture, possibly Syrian, late at night, he, in far corner of his living room starts the use of a RAM and belts out a lonnnnnng and forboding sound lasting 5 minutes, actually eerie !!!!!!!!! THEN.....I retire, well, once head on my pillow, the INTENSE HEAT, possibly infrared heat comes UP from his ceiling to underside of my bed,and STINGING HOT!!!!!!!!!! , and am convinced he has heat sensor, thermal imaging, as he PINPOINTS the actual spot of WHERE I AM ?????. MY strata manager has POUNDED on his door and to NO avail. DOES NOT OPEN EVER. There is a woman that visits. Even the strata manager does not have the registered owners name, after 5 months !!!!!!!!!!!!! Listed as CORPORATION. Downright eerie to say the least.
My male friends told me to .....Buy heavy heavy rubber mats and sub flloorsto place under the bed along with 8, 12X12 concrete garden pavers andVIOLA!! did the trick somewhat....Intensity of heat went right down to 5%. The first 3 times, could not stay in my bed, but with the implementation of the aforementioned, I succeeded . He goes between upward facing fans and this infra red heat. Now I remain in place when he starts his tactics. Moving in spring 2019. So even as an owner, one DOESNOT know who is above or below when renting OR owning.
Have a handle on things now and cope.
In addition to.... was dialling a friend when out of the blue this character below FINISHES THE DIALLING of numbers from below....HOW ? some device in the heat register to let me know he has me and my movements down pat..
The part that does bother me is the thermal imaging, as stepping out of the tub, he has the vantage of viewing the persons movements.
Have sent letters to RCMP and strata manager regarding all of the aforementioned and the feedback is....NO PROOF, true- so I must do what is required to function in here as I will NOT be ousted by an unknown quotients.
Thanks for reading.
Wish you well.
S.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:46 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds of p View Post
....wig...
Thanks for reading.
Wish you well.
S.
How do you know it's a wig?

Old 09-22-2018, 07:20 PM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds of p View Post
In addition to.... was dialling a friend when out of the blue this character below FINISHES THE DIALLING of numbers from below....HOW ? some device in the heat register to let me know he has me and my movements down pat..
How does he know what numbers to dial?

Old 09-23-2018, 05:23 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Thankfully I’m not in this any of these situations but this stuff does happen and there are people who are crazy and just like to mess with people.
They would be so disappointed if they lived next to me. I'd just tune them out. They'd be making all this effort to mess with me and I wouldn't even be aware of it.

Oh well, I guess it would give them something to keep their mind occupied.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:44 PM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
Sure am glad I moved in an apartment underneath a friend!

Old 09-28-2018, 02:28 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Sure am glad I moved in an apartment underneath a friend!
Have you never seen Single White Female or Fatal Attraction?

I'm sure your friend is fine

/all in jest... mostly

Old 10-09-2018, 11:41 PM

35 posts, read 26,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahonmind View Post
I live in an apartment complex with a neighbor above and neighbor below. One of those basic complexes, probably cheaply made apartments, no real soundproofing, etc. Nothing like brick or concrete construction.

Anyway. My upstairs neighbor is nuts and ghetto, first of all. Recently, I have been noticing that she has been able to locate me wherever I move in the apartment. This has not always been the case. I walk softly, and again this is the upstairs -- not the downstairs -- neighbor.

One day I walked into my bedroom, sat down on the bed and shortly thereafter I heard her move her bed (or other furniture) aside and then sit above me on her floor. On other occasions, she has followed me into the kitchen, promptly dropping something over my head right where I was standing.

At the risk of welcoming all the paranoia and tin-foil hat comments, I am asking:

1) Is it possible that she is somehow tracking me through my apartment?

2) If so, how? (As far as I know, there is no device that lets you "see" through a wall/floor, so what gives?)

3) What can I do about it?

It is theoretically possible that a person could break in to your place, plant hidden mointoring devices, and leave. (The CIA and the FBI has been documented to do this several times within what was known as operation COINTELPRO.) That said, its not terribly likely (unless of course you are an asset to the federal government for some reason) - and would seem to be coincidence at best.

That said, look around for unusual devices- objects that seem ordinary at first sight, but give a funny "gut instinct" as to being a bit off. It has been documented that hidden cameras have been found in the form of smoke detectors and shower hooks.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:51 AM

584 posts, read 1,934,616 times
i feel bad for people that think they are being spied on via mission impossible tools. for them the threat is real to them i know a person like this. insist that the emergency lights . in hall are cameras that the smoke/co2 alarms are camera and mics in apartment and hall. this persons life is hell. i only hope they find peace via med and doctors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting