Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 12:00 PM

25 posts, read 76,331 times

Advertisements

dogs don't hit pipes causing them to rattle, flush toilets or run water in the middle of the night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 12:02 PM

so that being said this seems to be more of a common occurrence than not! It is very easy to get heat sensitive cams that are used for hunting therefore, why couldn't one of these be used to track your movements to scare you and torment you?!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:33 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,034,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suz424 View Post
dogs don't hit pipes causing them to rattle, flush toilets or run water in the middle of the night!
No, but humans do when they get up to pee. Like, you know, normal people do.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:42 AM

The following was posted by Melody3417 and it is very strange for a neighbor to mimic your exact movements it has to be someone trying to torment her!

1 posts, read 29 times

Default Stalking neighbors

I want to tell my friends about this but they would think I am crazy. Also if I go to the bathroom, and it can be in hour of the night or wee hours in the morning, I can hear someone walking to the bathroom and start flushing the toilet or run water. they even hit the pipes and that scares the freak out of me!!!! I truly don't understand the minds of peeps doing this kind of weird stuff?

Old 02-09-2017, 09:16 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,034,212 times
Quote:
The following was posted by Melody3417 and it is very strange for a neighbor to mimic your exact movements it has to be someone trying to torment her!

1 posts, read 29 times

Default Stalking neighbors

I want to tell my friends about this but they would think I am crazy. Also if I go to the bathroom, and it can be in hour of the night or wee hours in the morning, I can hear someone walking to the bathroom and start flushing the toilet or run water. they even hit the pipes and that scares the freak out of me!!!! I truly don't understand the minds of peeps doing this kind of weird stuff?
Yeah, or, her getting up to pee woke the neighbor, who then went to pee (as everyone does when they wake up in the middle of the night) and washed their hands, and the pipes shifted from having water run through them for the first time in hours (I've lived in several places where this would happen, not an unusual thing at all)

occam's razor, people.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:56 AM

I can see your point in reference to this happening periodically but not all the time or consistently. Especially in reference to the quote below.

"To add along to this, everywhere I go in my apartment they will surprisingly pop up over me and just stand there???? When I get on the phone or have company, and prior to me getting on the phone or someone comes for a visit , they are moving around. When they hear me talk, they come to a complete stop to listen I suppose and I am so mad at this point!"

Old 02-09-2017, 09:57 AM

on top of that deliberately rattling the pipes is done to scare someone...you obviously don't believe this woman and that is ok you are entitled to your opinion but I live next to a psycho that will do anything to torment me so I believe her.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:54 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,067,543 times
Quote:
on top of that deliberately rattling the pipes is done to scare someone........
And just how does someone rattle the pipes in an apartment? Plumbing is inside the wall. You think maybe they have cut out the drywall?

The pipes might have a condition called "air hammer" which is air in the pipes that makes a knocking noise. The tenant upstairs has no control over that.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:24 PM

that is true I have had the same problem in my home. after going through being tortured by my neighbor for over 3 yrs now nothing surprises me what people will do to take their crappy lives out on you but how do you explain the neighbors above walking right in the same location she does right above her? some things can be explained away by logic but other things are just due to cruel psychotic neighbors. so I ask if most can be explained away then why do we currently have so many complaints about harassment from neighbors at a higher technical level?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
And i believe the worst part is that when you feel that your neighbor is doing stuff to you, but you cant prove it by being able to actually see them do that, your imagination on what is really going on blows up what is really going on, which might be nothing going on, its sort of like that movie Gaslight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting