Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM

25 posts, read 76,257 times

Advertisements

lol you are funny I wish it were funny for me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 12:37 PM

666 posts, read 642,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in New York View Post
. WHAT ELSE CAN IT DO BESIDES TRACK YOU THROUGH FLOORS? SOMETIMES I THINK IT FEEDS OF YOUR EXISTENCE OR ENERGY. I WON'T SAY WHAT I THINK IT IS..

Yes, and I fear that the possibilities are endless

Bubby

Old 02-05-2017, 01:41 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
There is a movie called Pacific Heights where a tenant from hell rents an apartment in a beautiful home - dont watch if you are having issues with bad neighbors, it will scare you and confirm all your red flags.

I googled to see if there are spy devices and things like what this topic talks about -

Since i never had this problem, i can only come to the following conclusions -

1. It is happening to people;
2. It is not happening to people.

If #1 is right, what kind of pieces of humanity want to spend their time doing this? Are they crazy/vengeful/ mentally ill people, or this is what they do for fun to torture other people
If #2 is right, then we have a lot of mentally ill people with paranoia happening.

In conclusion, I just do not know if this is true or not, however, if you Google a search, there are many devices which will enable you to spy on others, listening devices to hear whats being said beyond walls, and infra red camera devices so you can spy on others at night.

I wonder if there are people who live in low-priced rental communities and this is where to find them. Or is this happening in high-end apartments too? I have never encountered any that i know of.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:41 AM

it happens mainly when you are dealing with a neighbor who wants you to move that can be at high end or low end apartments or homes. it all depends on what level your crazy psycho neighbor will go to to get you to move!

Old 02-06-2017, 07:50 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahonmind View Post
Anyone else?
I think what you are supposing could be possible. Some apartments are built so cheaply today, with thin walls, that maybe she can hear you.

When we were young, many years ago, we had an older woman who lived in the apartment next door. Both our apartments faced the street, so she could see us drive up after work. Also, the stairs were centrally located between the 2 apartments, so she could hear us come up the stairs. We used to laugh about it, as we would see her face peek out between her curtains as we arrived. However, those old apartments were well built. She was actually a nice lady, just lonely.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:29 AM

ah yes I wish she was my neighbor. Yes what I am referring to is easy to do and acquire on the internet. eavesdropping devices in the shape of radar dishes are easy to use and acquire or even to make if you have the skill which my neighbor does. I am living next to an excon who has been in out of jail and prison for over 20 yrs. he admitted to me he likes to see other people go thru misery bc he has so much in his life. yes we are dealing with someone who enjoys torturing others and can not afford other forms of entertainment so this is his entertainment and he enjoys the power he has over those he tortures it impresses his wife who has a record and bad rep as well. had I known there were these type of people living next door I would have never purchased my home!

Old 02-07-2017, 12:09 PM

5 posts, read 39,700 times
Default Stalking neighbors

I moved to some apartments on the ground floor and I promise you the neighbors are quite intriqued with what I do in my apartment. There is no sound proofing at all between us and when the neighbors walk upstairs you hear excruciating cracking and popping. To add along to this, everywhere I go in my apartment they will surprisingly pop up over me and just stand there???? When I get on the phone or have company, and prior to me getting on the phone or someone comes for a visit , they are moving around. When they hear me talk, they come to a complete stop to listen I suppose and I am so mad at this point!

I want to tell my friends about this but they would think I am crazy. Also if I go to the bathroom, and it can be in hour of the night or wee hours in the morning, I can hear someone walking to the bathroom and start flushing the toilet or run water. they even hit the pipes and that scares the freak out of me!!!! I truly don't understand the minds of peeps doing this kind of weird stuff?

Old 02-07-2017, 01:37 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody3417 View Post
I moved to some apartments on the ground floor and I promise you the neighbors are quite intriqued with what I do in my apartment. There is no sound proofing at all between us and when the neighbors walk upstairs you hear excruciating cracking and popping. To add along to this, everywhere I go in my apartment they will surprisingly pop up over me and just stand there???? When I get on the phone or have company, and prior to me getting on the phone or someone comes for a visit , they are moving around. When they hear me talk, they come to a complete stop to listen I suppose and I am so mad at this point!

I want to tell my friends about this but they would think I am crazy. Also if I go to the bathroom, and it can be in hour of the night or wee hours in the morning, I can hear someone walking to the bathroom and start flushing the toilet or run water. they even hit the pipes and that scares the freak out of me!!!! I truly don't understand the minds of peeps doing this kind of weird stuff?
You are being watched. I'd search your apartment thoroughly and find the hidden cameras and destroy them immediately.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:32 AM

there are people out there especially during our tough financial times that enjoy torturing others due to the anger they have that their life is so stressful and in some cases has been destroyed due to economical declines therefore, I no longer question what anyone will do to take their anger out on others. please do not be afraid others will think you are crazy you are merely a victim of a psychotically disturbed neighbor. this is also on the increase due to the fact that many mental institutions have been closed down due to many states cutting the funding. in kings park ny alone 5,000 mental patients were simply released into the general population after a very large insane asylum was closed there in the 1990s these people are then forced to live in a society for which they are not fit nor do they belong and frightening as it is you are their target...so I advise u to do as much research as u can and keep yourself protected at all costs.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:54 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in New York View Post
it's amazing to hear these stories. and a relief at the same time. I'm going through the same thing. my upstairs neighbor seems to no every inch of the apartment I move into.. to really confirm it the other night I left my bedroom at 3:30 after feeling annoyed from them standing over me with shoes they never seem to remove. I took some quilts and a sleeping bag and decided to lay in an awkward spot in the apartment , by the front door. Thinking no one lays by a front door on the floor right?. BUT TO MY AMAZEMENT THEY "He" CAME RUNNING AND STOMPING FROM THE BEDROOM LOCATED ME AND PLOPPED DOWN ON THE FLOOR AND CLEARLY LAYED ON THE FLOOR ABOVE ME.
AT THAT POINT I WAS TO AFRAID TO MOVE SO I PUT THE BLANKETS OVER MY HEAD AND WENT TO SLEEP. IM MAKING EXTREME EFFORT TO MOVE ASAP. I FINDTHIS INTERESTING BUT SCARY ALL THE SAME. WHAT ELSE CAN IT DO BESIDES TRACK YOU THROUGH FLOORS? SOMETIMES I THINK IT FEEDS OF YOUR EXISTENCE OR ENERGY. I WON'T SAY WHAT I THINK IT IS..
This sounds a bit off the wall, but could it possibly be a large dog doing the upstairs moving to where you are in the apt. Dogs seem to have acute senses... just s thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting