Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 07:08 AM

25 posts, read 76,331 times

Advertisements

yes I agree with your viewpoint but it is those things that we truly know are going on that can not be explained away and that we can not prove that can truly drive us into despair, helplessness and depression...and it is those things that I do my best to circumvent as I am not able to prove them....on those days when it is especially bad and I am kept up most of the night that I pray a lot and take a deep breath and somehow find the strength to go on and it is on those days that I often wonder is it truly worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 11:56 AM

4,610 posts, read 3,304,325 times
Well, this post was so intriguing that I actually read through every single page, then stopped because I had to go out; I left the computer on (the thread was at 17 pages by then) and when I came back and started reading again it was at 24 pages! By the time I read every single post and could reply, it was at 30 pages.

This proves two things: 1) the thread was so fascinating that I actually read 300 posts, well, most of them, anyway; and 2) the problem of upstairs/downstairs neighbors in apt. blocks is one of the most annoying and prevalent in all of communal living. (Except for the videos the person took of her across the street neighbors). Even though the original poster has moved on to another place years ago, the problem continues, and almost everyone can tell some sort of similar story, maybe not as scary as the OP's and some other posters.

We are not a homogeneous society. What is acceptable to some cultures is frowned upon by others; also people's mode of living is vastly different to what it was 50 years ago. You find all sorts of people doing all sorts of things, good and bad. Unfortunately we are all living together now, crammed together in small badly-built boxes which magnify every sound. Blame lots of it on cheap construction (which you never know about until you move in there)

No solutions, just observations. Thanks for reading.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:13 PM

well I really wish that was the real reason why this is occurring to me...poor construction would be easier to deal with and comprehend...but what I am referring to is a form of torture and bullying due to a psychotic neighbor who doesn't want a neighbor but is too far in debt to be able to afford a home that has no neighbors as he is an excon and an evil one at that! he also is unable due to obtain steady employment due to his criminal past...

Old 02-10-2017, 12:15 PM

ndcairngorm can you please send me the link of the video you were referring to in your post?

Old 02-10-2017, 03:14 PM

It's in this thread. I'll try to go back and find it and let you know which number post. (If anyone can find it first, be my guest)

Old 02-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Found it. It's post number 225 in this thread.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:10 PM

126 posts, read 208,556 times
I call bs. It's very hard for someone living up stairs to follow someone down stairs around.

However, it's very easy to do so if you live on the bottom floor to listen, spy, and stalk the people living above you.

It's just how it is. I think the OP has issues.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:14 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahonmind View Post
I live in an apartment complex with a neighbor above and neighbor below. One of those basic complexes, probably cheaply made apartments, no real soundproofing, etc. Nothing like brick or concrete construction.

Anyway. My upstairs neighbor is nuts and ghetto, first of all. Recently, I have been noticing that she has been able to locate me wherever I move in the apartment. This has not always been the case. I walk softly, and again this is the upstairs -- not the downstairs -- neighbor.

One day I walked into my bedroom, sat down on the bed and shortly thereafter I heard her move her bed (or other furniture) aside and then sit above me on her floor. On other occasions, she has followed me into the kitchen, promptly dropping something over my head right where I was standing.

At the risk of welcoming all the paranoia and tin-foil hat comments, I am asking:

1) Is it possible that she is somehow tracking me through my apartment?

2) If so, how? (As far as I know, there is no device that lets you "see" through a wall/floor, so what gives?)

3) What can I do about it?
Keep some low level music going in each room.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:59 PM

yes it is very possible and very easy to do. look up an infrared for hunting or any other device that works on heat signature or devices used to find electrical wires which emit a source of energy. there are many devices out there just google it. i know it sounds crazy but try the foil hat see if she can follow u? if the foil is think enough she shouldn't be able to track your heat signature. i have done this with my neighbor and he is not able to follow me either.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:01 PM

this is a reply to post 225 those old people who live across the street from you look like they are mentally ill. maybe they have dementia or some other mental illness? that is very messed up behavior and no way normal. please send me a link to more videos and i will share with you what my crazy neighbors have done to me and my tenant and pets. thanks and God bless u for having to put up with those psychos!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting