Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 06:45 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,281,745 times

Advertisements

Had to fall off the wagon tonight. Drinking my little 7oz Dos Equis.

Weird how I feel so sleepy and probably won't sleep. It has been a long day. I do like the taste of most beer. There are some that are horrible. That Stella Artois or whatever made me sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 08:18 PM

22,211 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Has anyone else given up alcohol, just because?

Yes, i hardly drank anyway, a few sips here and there, stopped completely when I was 22. That was 37 years ago.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:02 AM

510 posts, read 371,249 times
I really can't believe anyone quit alcohol for no reason whatsoever, and I also doubt anyone started drinking for no reason. People who start drinking probably feel unbearable stress and if the source of stress doesn't go away, they might drink themselves to death. A program can tell them they must quit drinking, but if they do, they might feel so stressed they die sooner, like by suicide, guaranteed results immediately.

I think the best way to quit or cut down for most is using cannabis. But it is still illegal or legal with major restrictions. Latest state laws at norml.org/

Old 12-13-2017, 03:35 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post

I think the best way to quit or cut down for most is using cannabis. But it is still illegal or legal with major restrictions. Latest state laws at norml.org/
seems like this advice will get you further into trouble, medically and socially - like pouring gasoline on a fire to put it out.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:57 AM

7,190 posts, read 9,327,431 times
Just one more thing.

I drink only really good beer now. There are a number of small breweries making very good flavorful beer. Drink less but drink only quality brews.

No more cheap beer for me.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:05 AM

45,430 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
I really can't believe anyone quit alcohol for no reason whatsoever, and I also doubt anyone started drinking for no reason. People who start drinking probably feel unbearable stress and if the source of stress doesn't go away, they might drink themselves to death. A program can tell them they must quit drinking, but if they do, they might feel so stressed they die sooner, like by suicide, guaranteed results immediately.

Yeah, good plan. Exchange one disorientation causing, behavior disrupting substance for another.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:30 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,493,317 times
Quote:

That's NOT quitting drinking.

That's called THE MARIJUANA MAINTENANCE PLAN.

IT'S A WAY TO STILL GET HIGH WITHOUT DRINKING.

its still a mind altering substance you are ingesting.

That's almost like saying smoking is better than breathing oxygen.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:49 AM

510 posts, read 371,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
seems like this advice will get you further into trouble, medically and socially - like pouring gasoline on a fire to put it out.
Socially, 21% of the people in my state say they use it, and 64% in US say cannabis should be legal.

When used around the same time as alcohol, just about everybody drinks half as much or less, as they've gotten to the degree of relaxation needed. A chronic alcoholic may not use much cannabis because they fear it could result in them not being able to drink enough to keep away DTs that could kill them. Also, some people don't want to feel like they've had twice as much to drink because they like to hangout for several hours, slowly drinking their 12 pack of light beer.

Around here, alcohol is legal in the parks. Possession/use of cannabis less than 1.5 ounces, cops can at their discretion write a mail-in ticket for up to $200, or just look the other way. A sizeable minority of cops feel cannabis should be legal for all adults and 70% of them say it should be legal at the least for medical use.

There are no deaths known from smoking (or vaporizing) cannabis. Proven safe by over 1 billion in 10K yrs.
A few went to hospitals as too much THC can cause panic attacks where the users gets odd feeling and they falsely fear they may be dying.

Many People don't get it that cannabis Is kept illegal because of bribery by many special interest groups who all fear legalization will adversely affect their industry. Best wishes, all.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:32 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,281,745 times
ugh - I think I am done with the little beers. I don't feel great this morning. Maybe too much celebrating after the election.

I slept good though.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:37 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Just in general, either in food, beer, wine or booze. It makes sense to be discerning and selective. As I said already, I never liked beer much, but if I ever have one again, it might be at a craft brewery. It certainly won’t be a Bud Light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement