Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 03:12 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times

Advertisements

An old couple was watching TV one night. The wife says to the husband,
"I want some ice cream. Vanilla ice cream, with chocolate sauce, chopped walnuts, whipped cream, and a cherry on top. You better write it all down."
"Nah" he says, "I can remember that." And heads for the kitchen.

Five minutes later he comes back in, with a fried egg, bacon, and two pieces of toast and jam. The wife looks at it and asks, "Where's the orange juice?"

Old 02-23-2020, 04:22 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
You know you are old when you need your glasses to find your glasses.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 04:28 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Reminds me of the comment my daughter made one time about evening "senior parties" and events, over by 8:30PM so the participants could make it home by their 9PM bedtimes.

Kind of seems like that, now that I think about it.
Depends on the season.

Many old folks have to get home before dark.

Why?

Because they can't see the road after dark.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:15 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,908,150 times
Bob and Fred were lifelong friends and avid golfers, playing every chance they got. After they retired, of course, they were able to play even more often. One day Bob goes out in the morning for his regular 18 holes of golf with Fred but doesn't come home until 7 PM that night.

Bob: I had a really bad day on the course today.

Wife: What happened?

Bob: This morning Fred had a heart attack and died on the fifth hole.

Wife: This morning? Then what took you so long to get home?

Bob: Well, from then on it was hit the ball drag Fred, hit the ball drag Fred, until I finished the rest of the course.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:51 PM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
Two retired guys talking over the backyard fence.

#1. Wife and I are taking a memory class and it's really helping a lot.

#2. I think we'd like to do that, too. What's the name of the instructor?

#1. Oh, um. That flower, you know. That pretty red flower with the soft petals that smells good?

#2. You mean a rose?

#1. Yeah, that's it. Yells, Hey, Rose, what's the name of our memory class instructor?

Old 02-23-2020, 08:55 PM

Two policemen show up at a retired guy's house. "Hey fella, you've got to put some clothes on there."

"You've got to be kidding me I have a right at my age to run around the house without my clothes on if I feel like it."

Policeman, "Yeah, you do, but we'd like you to remember next time to do it in the house."

Old 02-23-2020, 10:37 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
You know you are old when you need your glasses to find your glasses.

That's funny, but my situation is a lot like that. I wear Clics and I have a pair for reading and a pair for driving and other outdoor activities. There have been times where I had to use the driving glasses to find my reading glasses. Doesn't work the other way though.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:27 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
There’s nothing like scrolling for your birth year to make you feel old.
LOL. Or when you are taking a survey, and it goes something like this:

What is your age?

18-29
30-45
46-64
65+

Old 02-24-2020, 10:04 AM

Scrolling for age is particularly demoralizing. Sometimes I even have to bump the whole screen up. Gah!

I took my glasses off in the bedroom, set them on my patterned same color bedspread and then in short order sat right down on them.

Mom took the cake, though, when she told me her glasses needed cleaning. She couldn't see out of them.

I drove sixty miles to investigate. Apparently she had taken the steel wool scrubber off the sink to clean them. Goodbye glasses.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:29 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
An older gentleman was telling a friend about a new restaurant he and his wife had eaten in a few nights before, but, he could not remember the name of the restaurant. Suddenly he had an inspiration. "What's the name of that long-stemmed red flower with thorns" he asked his friend. The friend replied, "I think you mean a rose."

That's it he exclaimed! - Calling out to his wife in the other room, he shouted "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we ate in the other night?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement