Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 11:45 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
LOL. Or when you are taking a survey, and it goes something like this:

What is your age?

18-29
30-45
46-64
65+
Same goes for mileage in a used car, although infinity usually takes place after 150,000 miles...

Further Adventures of 30something Milennial Boss and Newly Hired Retiree......

30something Milennial Boss: "Jane, take your company provided smartphone and text Roger, the head of the Fielding account that I will tweet some promotions on Twitter and friend his company's page of Facebook!!"

Newly Hired Retiree: "Yes sir, I will get right on it."..

30something Milennial Boss: (Two hours later) "Jane, what on earth did you send Roger!!?? He pulled the Fielding account away from us!! He says I called him a twit on tweeter, and he's no friend and doesn't have the guts to face me!!"...

Newly Hired Retiree: "Oh gosh!!!... I'm so sorry! It's the tiny keyboard on this phone and I didn't have my glasses, plus I'm new to all this social media. I must have typed Twitting on Tweeter and Facing on Friendbook!"...

30something Milennial Boss: "You....YOU......YOUR'E FIRED!!!"...

Newly Hired Retiree:....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 02:09 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
You know how old you are by how far you had to walk to school and how deep the snow was.

Cat

Old 02-24-2020, 05:28 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,705,166 times
Bunch of old guys who were buds starting in first grade are chewing the fat.

Bud 1: Remember when Miz Meanie rapped Ernie on the knuckle for throwing a spitball?

Bud 2: Oh, yes, indeedy, I do. The spitball was bright yellow and kind of plopped in Marylou’s dress collar because he made it too big and soggy to fly any farther away. She usually sat in the next seat over but Janie was out sick that day so Marylou took Janie’s seat to spite her. Those two were always doing catty things to each other. And that yellow!

Bud 3: Hehhehheh, it was torn from the writing paper we all had to use when the school switched from white to yellow paper cuz it was cheaper! And the lines were spaced closed together, too, and that saved money cuz we could fit more words on a page. I know that cuz I wrote “History stinks” 231 times on the new yellow paper and could only write it 196 times on the old paper.

Bud 4: Day-um, your memory for sure is great!

Bud 5: Was that the same week we had 4 false fire alarms?

Bud 1: No, that was the week AFTER. But the same week as Ernie’s big yellow spitball, the cafeteria served a new and awful lunch.

Bud 5: Oh, yeah. I remember that! They took all the hamburger bits leftover from Tuesday’s sloppy joes, mixed ‘em with scraps of the pizza crust they had to throw out because the cook left out something and it turned out hard as a rock. Well, we THOUGHT they threw it out, but the stuff softened into alien mush from being soaked in the old sloppy joe stuff, and then they tried to pass it off as some foofoo foreign dish...

Bud 4: They stuck canned green beans on it, covered it with cheese, and nobody would eat it.

Bud 3: Speaking of eat, I’m starved! We must’ve had breakfast really, really early today. When did we meet at the Pancake House?

Bud 5: We met at 9 am and now it’s 10:30 am. And we’re still at the Pancake House...I think. But I can’t remember what I ate, can you?

Old 02-24-2020, 06:59 PM

729 posts, read 533,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
You know how old you are by how far you had to walk to school and how deep the snow was.

Cat
You forgot to add: "Uphill. Both ways! Barefoot.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:35 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Three old guys sitting on a park bench:

"It's windy, isn't it?"

"Naw, it's Thursday."

"Me too; let's go get a beer."

Old 02-25-2020, 09:44 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,947,781 times
I was filling out a deposit slip at the bank today when an elderly woman ask me if I could help her check her balance.

I said sure, and gave her a shove.........down she went.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:37 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHair View Post
I thought about that but uphill both ways don't change as you get older-unless the hills get steeper and barefoot will never change with age.

Cat

Old 02-25-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHair View Post
That’s assumed, of course.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Reminds me of the comment my daughter made one time about evening "senior parties" and events, over by 8:30PM so the participants could make it home by their 9PM bedtimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Depends on the season.

Many old folks have to get home before dark.

Why?

Because they can't see the road after dark.

Many of the retirees I hang with go home by 9pm -- but that's because they're up at 6:30am to catch the first chair on the mountains. They ski 10,000 vertical before lunch time. One friend of mine has over 80 days on the ski slopes and over 1,000,000 vertical feet so far this ski season.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:05 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Two senior ladies were out for a Sunday drive in a huge car. Neither of them could really see too much over the dashboard.

When they came to an intersection, the light was red yet they kept on cruising through.

The passenger thought to herself, "I feel like I'm losing it, but I swear we just drove through a red light."

A few minutes later, they drove through another red light. The passenger was almost certain that the light had been red but was still slightly concerned that she might be going mad, so she decided to give the driver one last chance.

As they were approaching the next intersection, the passenger paid a great deal of attention. This time the lights were certainly red, yet just as before they just sped past.

"Susan!" the passenger yelled. "Do you know we just ran 3 red lights in a row? We could have been killed!"

"Oh, am I driving?" came the reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement