Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Apparently the landlord wanted Cornerstone out. They relocated to 20th and K, across from Faces and the MARRS building, and have plans to move into an old church on 23rd and K. Their "Stonegrill" place on 21st and L already went out of business, that site has had a sushi restaurant and sports bar since then.

Apparently the attention and support gathered by the Squeeze due to the ADA attorney gave them so much more business they got sick of people "squeezing in" and the move was a way to serve that many more customers. Change isn't always for the bad.
No it's not. Good changes. Something to look forward to when we return for a visit with family. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,287,780 times
One other thing about Cornerstone's current location: instead of closing at 3 PM, they are open until about 9-10 on weekdays and until 3-4 AM on the weekends! But they still open early mornings for the "early bird" crowd.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
One other thing about Cornerstone's current location: instead of closing at 3 PM, they are open until about 9-10 on weekdays and until 3-4 AM on the weekends! But they still open early mornings for the "early bird" crowd.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
I do not know if it is still there. There was a restaurant called Sirloin and Brew. You ordered your steak, chicken or burger. Everything else was all you could eat and drink. This was in 1982 first salad bar I seen, they had baked potatoes and the veggies. All the soda, wine or beer you could drink. Odd thing was milk was extra by the glass.

I looked for my favorite The Old Spaghetti Factory. I found one but it was not part of the chain, just a great little quant bistro. Had to pass thru a small ivy covered alley to find it.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I do not know if it is still there. There was a restaurant called Sirloin and Brew. You ordered your steak, chicken or burger. Everything else was all you could eat and drink. This was in 1982 first salad bar I seen, they had baked potatoes and the veggies. All the soda, wine or beer you could drink. Odd thing was milk was extra by the glass.

I looked for my favorite The Old Spaghetti Factory. I found one but it was not part of the chain, just a great little quant bistro. Had to pass thru a small ivy covered alley to find it.
Huh? Old Spaghetti Factory at 1910 J St. by the railroad tracks.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Never heard of Sirloin and Brew--must have been before my time. The Old Spaghetti Factory in Sacramento has always been part of the chain, located in the old Western Pacific passenger depot on J Street.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:26 AM

27 posts, read 91,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Huh? Old Spaghetti Factory at 1910 J St. by the railroad tracks.
omg... that place has the most disgusting food. ever.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholaladka View Post
omg... that place has the most disgusting food. ever.
Oh, I've eaten far worse. He asked if there was one. He didn't ask about the cuisine. It's very popular, especially for state workers and families, and is somewhat of an institution. The food is consistent and you always know what you're going to get.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM

I do end up at OSF once every couple of years because the building is so beautiful, typically because a friend wanted to go there. The food is just kind of so-so, but kids gobble it up (it serves mostly to the "family restaurant" crowd, not the haute-cuisine crowd.) I wouldn't call it disgusting so much as unexciting, and there are so many other great restaurants (hole-in-the-wall and otherwise) nearby that OSF's fare is thoroughly overshadowed.

The Traveler's Restaurant in the Greyhound depot counts as a definite cheap hole-in-the-wall, it is located in an old Burger King in the corner of the depot and their remodeling job consisted pretty much of ripping the Burger King signs off the wall. The food isn't very good but it's cheap, in rainy weather the roof leaks and the middle of the restaurant is normally adorned with an array of buckets, and due to its location its regular customers tend to be...interesting. There used to be a bunch of great little cheap dives like this downtown, but their number has thinned over the years. This week a place called "Dive Bar" opened on K Street, a very-hyped remodel of an old retail space, expensively designed to resemble a hole in the wall...you enter the bar area through a literal hole in the wall, with rebar sticking out of concrete. It's kind of silly.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
This week a place called "Dive Bar" opened on K Street, a very-hyped remodel of an old retail space, expensively designed to resemble a hole in the wall...you enter the bar area through a literal hole in the wall, with rebar sticking out of concrete. It's kind of silly.
Did it open in the K Bar space? Also, was it Hitoshi's down at 10th and R behind the light rail. I know it changed hands years ago and I thought it became pretty bad. Is anything still there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento