Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 PM

815 posts, read 2,698,440 times

Advertisements

North Natomas will be suffering the same fate within 10 to 15 years. On a related note, I was reading in The Bee today that Roseville has just annexed a massive portion of land northwest of the city proper. Developers are planning to build thousands of additional new homes, more retail, and a satellite campus of Sac State Univ.
The urban sprawl continues with no end in site.
This whole region is evolving into a congested, smog-choked hole in the ground. I wish I could relocate in the worst way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 12:22 PM

132 posts, read 537,391 times
It looks like no one will ever be happy where they are at.

I'm happy where I'm at. I guess I just see the brighter side of things, or I'm just a positive person. I don't dwell or worry about the negative things; worrying just takes up valuable time. But to each their own. And I realize that most cannot pick up and go, but at least make an effort to bring yourself out of unhappiness. JMHO

Old 11-17-2007, 07:56 PM

216 posts, read 376,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonibiz View Post

I'm happy where I'm at. I guess I just see the brighter side of things, or I'm just a positive person. I don't dwell or worry about the negative things; worrying just takes up valuable time. But to each their own. And I realize that most cannot pick up and go, but at least make an effort to bring yourself out of unhappiness. JMHO
Your missing the whole game.
The aim is to move to California from out of state and then complain
that too many other people are moving here.

Your point is well taken and well said.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:01 PM

246 posts, read 1,073,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpd View Post
Your missing the whole game.
The aim is to move to California from out of state and then complain
that too many other people are moving here.

Your point is well taken and well said.
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA! I love it.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:34 PM

815 posts, read 2,698,440 times
Default Don't Worry; be happy :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonibiz View Post

Indeed, it is more pleasant to see the "brighter side of things" and there are many, many people such as yourself that choose not to concern themselves about the more tawdry aspects of life. It's certainly easier and less emotionally stressful to turn a blind eye to the challenges that we are facing as a community. Unfortunately, it is this type of naivety combined with a severely complacent attitude that has helped to facilitate many of the problems that we are experiencing not only on a local, but on a national and worldwide level as well. It's always someone else's problem isn't it?? Unfortunately, all the future generations that are spawned from you will be left holding the bag and be forced to live in an environmentally polluted, congested region with a crumbling infrastructure. I should hope you would want better for your future generations.

I love one of the on-air promos I heard for NPR Radio the other day. It stated something to effect like, "When you care more about your life then spending a Sunday afternoon at the mall, then listen to NPR."

Old 03-02-2008, 08:50 PM

170 posts, read 571,101 times
I lived in Elk Grove for a short time in 1986. The population was 10,000. What happened???

Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,781,797 times
Quote:
On a related note, I was reading in The Bee today that Roseville has just annexed a massive portion of land northwest of the city proper. Developers are planning to build thousands of additional new homes, more retail, and a satellite campus of Sac State Univ.
The urban sprawl continues with no end in site.
Actually the new Roseville area called Placer Ranch is planned fairly well. There will be a State University as well as a private school. They plan to have medium density offices, and it should be very walkable. Here is the link:

Placer Ranch: Sacramento State University

Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 7,041 times
Default Sacramento

My husband and I want to move to Sacramento but do not know what areas to look at and what to avoid. We are retired and would like to buy a manufactured home in a 55 plus park. Real estate agents have not been helpful and if we could find any city that is safe, walkable to stores, and crime free we would be happy to look at any place. we do not drive so that makes it difficult0 We are trying to avoid snow and heat which limits our choices. Any suggestions?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 7,041 times
Will the buses go into Rocklin CA?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:28 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,995,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequimlady View Post
My husband and I want to move to Sacramento but do not know what areas to look at and what to avoid. We are retired and would like to buy a manufactured home in a 55 plus park. Real estate agents have not been helpful and if we could find any city that is safe, walkable to stores, and crime free we would be happy to look at any place. we do not drive so that makes it difficult0 We are trying to avoid snow and heat which limits our choices. Any suggestions?
You can certainly avoid the snow, but avoiding the heat just isn't possible in the Sac area. There are a lot of 55 plus parks around, but you'll have to search to find them within walking distance to stores.

The big issue is that the mobile homes are cheap, but the rent is expensive - sometimes more than $700/mo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento