U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Status: "just keep scrolling then?" (set 20 days ago)
 
14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times
Reputation: 6656

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I guess it all depends on what you like. If you like traffic conjestion, cookie cutter subdivsions, same old one out of a million franchise businesses too choose from and a no history plastic feel to it type of existance then I guess the northside bubble is for you. I would say live and let live if you were not squatting right over our aquifer and shipping you excessive trash to other parts of town so you don't have to deal with it.
So, we're ALL supposed to live on the Southeast side of town, or right downtown. got it!

Going to go squat some more on the aquifer right now......I've had a ton of water today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,185,904 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
So, we're ALL supposed to live on the Southeast side of town, or right downtown. got it!

Going to go squat some more on the aquifer right now......I've had a ton of water today.
your comments crack me up sometimes..

/lol squat for water...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Status: "just keep scrolling then?" (set 20 days ago)
 
14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times
Reputation: 6656
The snobbishness on this forum just cracks me up some days. Seriously, where do these people expect everyone to live? Like, you've got your house on the SE (or fill-in-the-blank) side of town, and you're happy, and that's it, no one else gets a pass to live anywhere but on your street. It's stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
 
1,836 posts, read 3,332,646 times
Reputation: 1735
I do admit, yes, I am a snob for Downtown/Southtown. I've lived in Stone Oak, Alamo Heights, Castle Hills, so I've experienced other kinds of San Antonio living... For me, where I am now is perfect, albeit, the city itself could still use some help. Living in Stone Oak really left a bad taste in my mouth. I dealt constantly with Nationals who were wholly inclusive, stereotypical new money and frankly, boring to be around. That, combined with the traffic issues, made me realize there had to be more in San Antonio. I quickly figured out that 'new' didn't mean 'better.'

That being said, it was a decision for ME. I don't fault anyone else for where or why they live somewhere. Apologies if I come off as a bit brash about areas of town: I just had a miserable existence where I had lived before.




BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,893 posts, read 4,865,969 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
The snobbishness on this forum just cracks me up some days. Seriously, where do these people expect everyone to live? Like, you've got your house on the SE (or fill-in-the-blank) side of town, and you're happy, and that's it, no one else gets a pass to live anywhere but on your street. It's stupid.
In my own defenseI had no reason to even comment on this thread until the comment was made insinuating that every side of town that was not on the northside was a Sh*thole. If you guys want to look at snobishness then look in the mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Status: "just keep scrolling then?" (set 20 days ago)
 
14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times
Reputation: 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
In my own defenseI had no reason to even comment on this thread until the comment was made insinuating that every side of town that was not on the northside was a Sh*thole. If you guys want to look at snobishness then look in the mirror.
He said "3 sides of town" and I think you may have assumed he meant whatever side of town includes your home. And if I may point out, the SE side is now home to all the cookie cutter shopping that exists on the craptastic NW side. Oh, and cookie cutter homes as well.

Moderator cut: See Comment

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-07-2011 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: Off Topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2011, 07:15 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,893 posts, read 4,865,969 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
wrong. south/east/west sides and maybe parts of NW. NC and NE are godsends compared to the s/e/w sides.

Moderator cut: See Comment
Just for the record, I correctly assumed. As you can see Dextercat confirmed my assumtion here.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-07-2011 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Updated quoted text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 AM
 
7,002 posts, read 10,249,891 times
Reputation: 5390
While I do enjoy living on the NE/NC side, I wouldn't brag about living on the edge of 78209. There are plenty of poor sections outside of Alamo Heights and Terrell Hills. Judging by what one member pays in rent, I can tell he lives in one of those poor sections. My aunt used to live in one of the poor sections of 78209. She was on Section 8 like many others in the neighborhood and she had mice. The NE side is not perfect; Perrin Beitel is starting to develop a reputation for drugs and gun violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 AM
 
Location: San Antonio-Westover Hills
6,878 posts, read 18,186,137 times
Reputation: 5152
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I guess it all depends on what you like. If you like traffic conjestion, cookie cutter subdivsions, same old one out of a million franchise businesses too choose from and a no history plastic feel to it type of existance then I guess the northside bubble is for you. I would say live and let live if you were not squatting right over our aquifer and shipping you excessive trash to other parts of town so you don't have to deal with it.
Holy crap--speaking of living in a bubble...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
 
Location: San Antonio-Westover Hills
6,878 posts, read 18,186,137 times
Reputation: 5152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post

That being said, it was a decision for ME. I don't fault anyone else for where or why they live somewhere.




BN

Yes, actually, you do. Constantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top