Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I don't live in Villages of Westcreek nor do I have any friends or relatives who live there. I was just offering a different point of view and I don't think I came across as the "all knowing authority on everything" as you stated. Did you come to that conclusion by my posting of the by laws? Even though this is a public forum, I'll take you up on your suggestion to leave VOW business to the residents of VOW.

I'll just make this final observation. I'm presuming that live in VOW and you are interested enough in VOW to post comments here, but not be on the board all the years you've lived there?
Look at GR's stats...all 40 posts in the Westcreek thread that started about a month ago. It is obvious that his agenda is against the Westcreek BOD. So, naturally he thinks only people that live in Westcreek should post in this thread. This is an "open" forum and any member can post here. If you want to post, then it is your right, so go ahead. Thank you for your inputs.

Steel Man (I do live in Westcreek).

Old 12-21-2009, 02:56 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Found this PDF file about expanding the bridge over Medio Creek on Military Drive West. Click on link and then click on Capital Improvement Projects in Progress (PDF) link. Go to last page (27 of 27).

Bexar County - Infrastructure Services Department
Very interesting! but that means it will go to one lane just west of the bridge? I would love to have two lanes in each direction going all the way down Military until at least West Creek Oaks. That would probably get rid of a lot of the backups that occur every morning and evening, although people will still come to complete stops even though 99% of the traffic is going in the same direction. and yes I know it's technically the law, but you really don't have to sit there for 5 seconds making sure nobody else is coming... plus I spent most of the 90's in California where they spell stop with a roll

Old 12-22-2009, 08:00 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thule View Post
Well Guy, get your facts straight, none of the employees get a bonus.
Between you and I the information was shared with me by an employee. Although I know the details I will not state if it is a current or former one.

I would not have stated it if I had any doubts and the source was not reliable. I will admit that the dollar amount was low.

So in closing my facts are straight. It is what it is.

Please share with me /us how you know they do not get bonuses.

*Don't you find it odd that wc2005 also stated that there are bonuses? I can assure you we are not in Cahoots with each other.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Very interesting! but that means it will go to one lane just west of the bridge? I would love to have two lanes in each direction going all the way down Military until at least West Creek Oaks. That would probably get rid of a lot of the backups that occur every morning and evening, although people will still come to complete stops even though 99% of the traffic is going in the same direction. and yes I know it's technically the law, but you really don't have to sit there for 5 seconds making sure nobody else is coming... plus I spent most of the 90's in California where they spell stop with a roll
I sure wish that folks would use the merge lane at Westcreek Oaks and 1604 in the mornings. That would help with the back-ups. It's been so bad at times I thought I was going to have to get out of my pickup and direct driver's onto the lane.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I don't live in Villages of Westcreek nor do I have any friends or relatives who live there. I was just offering a different point of view and I don't think I came across as the "all knowing authority on everything" as you stated. Did you come to that conclusion by my posting of the by laws? Even though this is a public forum, I'll take you up on your suggestion to leave VOW business to the residents of VOW.

I'll just make this final observation. I'm presuming that live in VOW and you are interested enough in VOW to post comments here, but not be on the board all the years you've lived there?
RGJ- Please continue to post. Your insight can /will /has been helpful. Sometimes it takes someone who is impartial to make some of us (including myself) see things as they are or can be.

Don't feel bad about GoinRouge's post. As you know we cannot please everyone all of the time. I have posted on other Neighborhood /Subdivision's Threads. As Steel Man said You Have Every Right to Share Your Thoughts and Post Here.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,866 times
The winners of the Christmas light contest have had signs placed in the yard, and I am happy I have one this year. I guess not alot of people participated (since it was not really advertised that well) and I considered not doing it, but hey for a gift card I figured what the heck.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:16 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times
Quote:
According to Bexar County - "The plan is to mirror the existing structure that crosses the Medio Creek at that location. I believe it is two traffic lanes and a sidewalk on the outside."

A sidewalk on the other side would be nice, however, there is no sidewalk leading to it plus is it really that busy that they need additional lanes? It isn't funded but if it were it seems to be a waste of money IMHO.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
The winners of the Christmas light contest have had signs placed in the yard, and I am happy I have one this year. I guess not alot of people participated (since it was not really advertised that well) and I considered not doing it, but hey for a gift card I figured what the heck.
We thought about it but after driving around and seeing the extent of others decorations we figured we wouldn't have a shot at it.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:57 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
According to Bexar County - "The plan is to mirror the existing structure that crosses the Medio Creek at that location. I believe it is two traffic lanes and a sidewalk on the outside."

A sidewalk on the other side would be nice, however, there is no sidewalk leading to it plus is it really that busy that they need additional lanes? It isn't funded but if it were it seems to be a waste of money IMHO.
It gets pretty backed up. I have seen the first stop sign backed up almost all the way to 1604 before. Fortunately, I leave way before the whackos and get home after them, so it's not biggy to me, but my wife usually gets off at 5 and that's when it sucks. I keep telling her to just go to Westcreek Oaks and stay away from Military, but you know how that works...

Old 12-23-2009, 02:55 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
It gets pretty backed up. I have seen the first stop sign backed up almost all the way to 1604 before. Fortunately, I leave way before the whackos and get home after them, so it's not biggy to me, but my wife usually gets off at 5 and that's when it sucks. I keep telling her to just go to Westcreek Oaks and stay away from Military, but you know how that works...

You must be working some hella long days. Leaving before whackos and getting off after whackos. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio