Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I would love to see them bag stuff in paper bags. Most locations don't have it, when you ask for it. Some have but do not offer.
HEB has the paper bags but I still like my milk in plastic. Again I will say, the trader Joe's canvas bags for $4.00 are the best I have ever seen. Huge, strong and jut throw them in the wash with a little bleach and they come out perfect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 07:32 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Now that Austin has banned both single use paper and plastic bags which went into effect this month, HEB should have a surplus of bags for awhile.

I heard the bag ban is not going so well up there. People need their single use bags.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:27 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,319,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Now that Austin has banned both single use paper and plastic bags which went into effect this month, HEB should have a surplus of bags for awhile.

I heard the bag ban is not going so well up there. People need their single use bags.
The ban in Austin has been in effect for months now. And it actually has gone over pretty well with most businesses.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:33 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
The ban in Austin has been in effect for months now. And it actually has gone over pretty well with most businesses.
Of course it would! It saves them money. I imagine most consumers aren't as happy.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Of course it would! It saves them money. I imagine most consumers aren't as happy.
It depends who you ask. I don't know anyone who hasn't adjusted by now and I don't see people forgetting to bring a reusable to stores anymore (unless they were just driving through). Only a minority of people were verbally grumpy when it went into effect, but even they seem to have quieted down.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
Quote:
It depends who you ask. I don't know anyone who hasn't adjusted by now and I don't see people forgetting to bring a reusable to stores anymore (unless they were just driving through). Only a minority of people were verbally grumpy when it went into effect, but even they seem to have quieted down.
Adjusting doesn't mean that you're happy. I imagine if it were actually left up to the consumers of Austin area stores that you'd see bags back in a heartbeat.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Adjusting doesn't mean that you're happy. I imagine if it were actually left up to the consumers of Austin area stores that you'd see bags back in a heartbeat.
Well, those who are unhappy will just get over it in time. If they don't, then they can just burn the gas and time to shop elsewhere. For every person who hates the ban, there are people who love it.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Thanks for the correction. I had thought it was this month.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
The only thing that drives me nuts about reusable bags is forgetting them at home when I want to go shopping. I might start leaving a spare one in the car just so I don't forget.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
"Old school" here. I have always disliked the plastic bags! They flop over and everything spills out, among other reasons. I take them when I walk my dog. I like paper bags, they can be reused to carry groceries, used to wrap packages to ship, kids can draw on them, they stood upright in the trunk due to their flat bottoms, and my cats (years ago) LOVED to hide in them. I would put groceries away and go around picking up the bags to put away, and inevitably, one would have a cat in it!

I carry two cloth bags and a small insulated bag in my car trunk, and just about every time, I forget to take them into the store with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio