Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:23 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times

Advertisements

I'm heading over to HEB+ in a few minutes, wish me luck

luckily I've splurged way too much the past week, so I have to seriously not spend a lot of money..

Old 09-12-2007, 05:32 AM

734 posts, read 3,016,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo713 View Post
C'mon Burger King!!!
Let's just hope they are managed by different people than the one on Nacogdoches and 1604, that is the worst restaurant I've ever eaten at. Bleh! I was beginning to think it was Burger King in general.

If this new one was any good - I'd be willing to try! I haven't had a good BK since I lived in AZ.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:14 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Let's just hope they are managed by different people than the one on Nacogdoches and 1604, that is the worst restaurant I've ever eaten at. Bleh! I was beginning to think it was Burger King in general.

If this new one was any good - I'd be willing to try! I haven't had a good BK since I lived in AZ.
It is amazing what management can do to a restaraunt, being formal or fast food.
The Dairy Queen in Helotes is the WORST, but then you can go to the one in the town of Bandera and it is so good.
I went to the Pizza Hut in Hondo a couple of months ago, YUCK!!!, I haven't been to a pizza hut since. I know the Pizza Hut in Helotes is good but I just can't get over the bad one I went to.
Hopefully this will be a good BK. I need to get over to Potranco and 1604 more often, sounds like it is booming over there.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:31 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,117 times
You ever go up to a drive thru and feel like your maybe rattling off the order too quickly or at least you think to yourself. Sometimes you find that the order is incorrect because of this. Well, we went to that particular BK and I ordered and got that feeling. She simply said drive up. The order was correct and trust me, I rattled off my order like I was selling micro machines. I was very impressed. From the drive thru, the interior looks very nice. Tinted windows for the semi privacy of the people eating in.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:55 PM

That's encouraging SA Greed. There's very few things more annoying than going through a drive-thru and ending up with something completely different than what you ordered.. I usually try to speak loud and clear so they can understand, but if it's taco bell, I assume they are wrong and check everything. That way when they are wrong (they never have been perfect), I can tell them to fix it on the spot.. I don't see how they screw up their orders either. I've seen how the system works and it should be nearly impossible to screw up..

Old 09-12-2007, 02:14 PM

797 posts, read 2,992,529 times
Default Taco Bell is the worst

at getting drive up orders right. I have a dairy allergy and end up special ordering everywhere I go. Of course you can imagine how easy it is to screw up an order of tacos without cheese right? 9 times out of 10 Taco Bell gets it wrong and I have found this to be true everywhere from WA to TX. Needless to say with a much better selection of taco joints here in TX we do not go to Taco Bell by choice ever.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:31 PM

7 posts, read 29,761 times
The Taco Bell on Grissom is the worst. I don't know why I even went back. They gave me a completely wrong order once and when I went back to get it corrected, they accused my of ordering and leaving the drive thru line. I had to explain to him that if I had left the line I wouldn't have a bag with the wrong order in it. I guess you just have to accept the fact that a lot of them just don't care.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM

330 posts, read 1,373,084 times
As long as we're on the topic, allow me to defend my favorite restaurant. Today I visited my local Taco Bell fine dining establishment. I requested a dish, or "combo," consisting of one Nacho Crunch Grilled Stuft Burrito placed alongside an order of nachos, completed with an extra-large drink container to fill with whatever beverage I saw fit. Note that I did not ask for this bucket-sized drink, but rather the extra size was given to me as it is given to all customers; as a show of good faith and a means of communicating that yes, we at Taco Bell care about quenching your thirst. I did not have to make multiple trips to the beverage area as I do at Quizno's, where I am constantly refilling my thimble.

The food was prepared in a timely fashion and placed upon a countertop. A helpful member of the waitstaff called "Order 282!" and summoned me, even confirming the identity of the dish with a "Order 282?" and a smile. I brought the perfectly-sized tray to my eating area and unwrapped the burrito with anticipation. As I hefted the burrito towards my mouth, the sheer weight of the object informed me that no corners were cut in the making of this Mexcellent foodstuff. As I bit down, cheese, sour cream, and other assorted meat juices flowed through the cracks of my teeth, causing my endorphins to rush. Nerve endings tingled and synapses fired, my brain saying YES, YES, OH GOD YES, best burrito ever!! My tongue probed the demasticated portions of chicken and tortilla, sensing flavors that shall henceforth forever be etched in my memory. My wedding day, though amazing, was overtaken in position as the greatest moment of my life.

Once all food was devoured (needless to say, there were no leftovers), I refilled my bucket and stepped into the warm sunshine of the parking lot. The large bell on the sign glistened as my eyes adjusted to the light. It was once again a successful trip to the Bell. I left feeling satisfied, content in the knowledge that few men in this world will eat as good a meal as I ate today. And while I hesitate to bring up money for this clearly priceless experience, I must say that this experience cost me but five dollars.

Yo quero, Taco Bell. Yo quero indeed.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:08 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,894 times
I went to a DQ in Bulverde. I should have walked out as soon as I went inside, it stunk. Sure enough, our food did too (not smelly, tasted bad). Top it off with a rude cashier and this was our first experience with this DQ. I will not go back, to bad because this is the closest one to me.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
at getting drive up orders right. I have a dairy allergy and end up special ordering everywhere I go. Of course you can imagine how easy it is to screw up an order of tacos without cheese right? 9 times out of 10 Taco Bell gets it wrong and I have found this to be true everywhere from WA to TX. Needless to say with a much better selection of taco joints here in TX we do not go to Taco Bell by choice ever.
I should've qualified my post with it's not just an SA Taco Bell thing for me either. I've been to them across the country and the drive-thru always screws up.. however, read below
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandN View Post
The Taco Bell on Grissom is the worst. I don't know why I even went back. They gave me a completely wrong order once and when I went back to get it corrected, they accused my of ordering and leaving the drive thru line. I had to explain to him that if I had left the line I wouldn't have a bag with the wrong order in it. I guess you just have to accept the fact that a lot of them just don't care.
I just happened to go to that exact Taco Bell last night with my daughter and we were amazed.. The food was very hot, tasted pretty good, and everything was exactly right.. So, there's obviously a drive-thru conspiracy... I think I just need to start eating inside more often, because they obviously QC things a wee bit more when you do.. I also noticed that when I left at a little after 6:00 PM is obviously not the time to go there.. the inside was packed and the drive-thru was starting to wrap around..

and totally unrelated to Taco Bell, did anyone happen to drive by 1604/Culebra last night around 6:15 PM? There were at least 20 motorcycle cops in the access road turnaround in front of HEB pulling over as many cars as they could. I guess there's a part of the access road that people get backed up on, so they drive throught the grass to get around and it seems the cops are now aware of that and it was a barrel shoot last night. My daughter got upset at them and I explained that it was really very funny and the people that were pulled over completely deserved what they got.. San Antonio is the only place I've ever been where people will literally go off the road to get around a line of traffic (seen it plenty of times on 410 also) and luckily the police are doing something to stop it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio