Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:47 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times

Advertisements

been trying to figure out where that post office @ Military and 1604 is going myself. Hopefully it won't be a tiny little substation and there needs to be another one in the area. The one by the old Albertsons off Potranco has serious parking issues lately.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:04 PM

15 posts, read 53,896 times
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think we need a full size post office.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM

144 posts, read 687,123 times
Its going inside the Shell gas station, they closed the little taco place inside there and as far as i know all shells will have a shipping center inside.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:24 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
interesting, I would've never thought of a post office in a gas stations, but it's a brilliant idea.
and now that I think about it more, why did it take so long for them to figure out this brilliant idea?

Old 06-29-2007, 08:55 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
interesting, I would've never thought of a post office in a gas stations, but it's a brilliant idea.
and now that I think about it more, why did it take so long for them to figure out this brilliant idea?
It's because the U.S. Post Office is too cheap to build more post offices. It is interesting how many rural towns get nice new post offices while we get "postage stamp sized" outlets in gas stations.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:39 AM

173 posts, read 617,525 times
For the love of god can we PLEASE NOT get yet another nail salon???!!!! Saw a new sign in the shopping center that has Pei Wei. UUGHH!

How about a decent italian restaurant, steak joint, "mom and pop" type place.....anything but nail salons and fast food places!!!!!!

OK, I'm done w/ my rant....I feel so much better.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Unhappy more nail salons

OK, so here's my "theory" on all these nail salons popping up around here. There are sooooooooo many of them, as we all can see. And as someone who needs to pop into one every 3 weeks or so, I rarely see them crowded. Usually only two, maybe three people working, too. I don't see how they can make enough money to stay in business. I think they are money laundering joints!! LOL!

And I agree with you SAnative, a nice Italian or steak place would be great. (Or for me, a vegetarian place would be fabulous!) The one "fast food chain" I'd LOVE to see tho, is Panera Bread! (Thanx to the thread about it!) How nice would it be to have a place that you could pop in to over here with free WiFi?!!

We had to go to Bandera Pointe last weekend and were talking about how nice it's gonna be when we have most all of those stores (and then some!) within easy reach and not have to travel North on 1604!

Old 06-30-2007, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,970 times
Cool The Granada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Good questions! First, my guess is the theater will be built pretty soon since Loop 1604 is now 4 Lanes (well 3 right now!). Kohl's (if it is Kohl's) is being built just inside Loop 1604 on Potranco (same side as HEB Plus). It looks like they are almost ready for the foundation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by santikos.com/sites/flashindex.htm
Santikos Theatres Announces New Theatre in Southwest San Antonio . . .

SAN ANTONIO, TX , June 24 – Santikos Companies proudly announces that construction is to commence soon on their latest entertainment and retail center. The 27 acre Granada Development will be anchored by a 16 screen theatre and will include retail shops and restaurants. The complex will be located in West San Antonio on the South East corner of Potranco Road and Loop 1604. The theatre will be constructed first and is expected to begin this July.
They say they'll start in July but thats pretty much what they said about the Palladium. I worked for them and we were so excited about the opening but they postponed it from october to right before Christmas... I wouldnt get to excited until they clear the dust from the parking lot... then imagine another three weeks.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:56 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Does anyone know if the Wingstop that is suppose to go in next to the Pei Wei is a wish or reality?

Man, if someone had the brains to put in something other than pizza, burgers, or burritos they would make a killing. I am keeping my fingers crossed.....

Old 06-30-2007, 06:29 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,304 times
http://www.barshop-oles.com/pdf/potranco_mediakit.pdf (broken link)

I went to this website and if you scroll down it does show a "Wingstop" next to Pei Wei. Keep scrolling towards the bottom. I agree we need something other than burgers, pizza and burritos! I'm also a Vegetarian!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio