Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2022, 11:54 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,690,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
I miss Conan's pizza. Had one here in SA 30-something years ago.
Is the one on Stassney and Menchaca (I think) still there? I feel a road trip coming up soon.
That’s the one. But y’all, pinthouse and aviator are better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 08:24 PM

11 posts, read 9,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Glad you were able to get your pizza on while in town.
Thats a must everytime I’m in Austin.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:25 PM

11 posts, read 9,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
I miss Conan's pizza. Had one here in SA 30-something years ago.
Is the one on Stassney and Menchaca (I think) still there? I feel a road trip coming up soon.
It was in Loehman’s village in the 80’s early 90’s.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:01 AM

950 posts, read 1,258,757 times
Never had Conan's Pizza. Well, the new Slim Chickens is open in Schertz. Someone here at work tried to go there yesterday at lunch time, but said traffic was around the building.

Old 09-29-2022, 08:48 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,144 times
We recently tried the new Kerbey Lane Cafe location in town at I-10 and 1604. Doesn't have the same atmosphere ae the original location in Austin, however the service and food were both fantastic. We started with the Kerbey Lane Queso which has quacamole, white chili con queso, and pico de gallo. Lives up to the hype. Wife had the Cobb salad with grilled chicken which came with a ton of bacon, boiled eggs, bleu cheese crumbles, grape tomatoes, red onion, and spring mix greens. I had the Kerbey Lane breakfast. 2 half size pancakes, Penderson Farms bacon and sausage patty, 2 over easy eggs, and seasonal fruit. Wow, if those were half sized pancakes, I don't think I could manage a single full size. The service was fantastic, food came out quick, and our server, Donny, was quick with recommendations, was super friendly, had some pretty good jokes, and genuinely seemed to really enjoy what he was doing. We had a blast, and enjoyed the food.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:00 PM

950 posts, read 1,258,757 times
Has anyone been down Ritterman lately? Oct.1 was my mom's birthday, so i drove down Saturday to take her birthday flowers at Fort Sam Cemetery. Anyhow, Next to Starbucks at Ritterman and Harry Wuzbach , was a Church's Chicken. Well that is gone. Saw a sign for some place called Honey 1 Chicken. Now it is not open yet, and if I go down there again, will take better note of the sign. But I swear it's going to be another chicken place.

Old 10-06-2022, 05:21 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,345,000 times
Quote:
Roll On In/Buzzed Bull Creamery

The location at 2903 N Loop 1604 includes two complementary concepts in a family-owned Cincinnati-based restaurant. Owners Jessica and Dave Franta opened the location, which is near Redland Road, on Sept. 3.

Roll On In offers sushi burritos, sticky rice bowls, hibachi bowls and salads, along with sides like dumplings and spring rolls. Prices typically range from $10 - $15 per meal.

The Buzzed Bull Creamery sells alcohol-infused ice creams and milkshakes and offers a variety of combinations and alcohol infusions.
Quote:
Nonna Osteria

Open since Sept. 7, Nonna Osteria is an Italian Restaurant below Silo Elevated Cuisine. Owner Patrick Richardson also owns Silo and La Fogata.

The restaurant has a small bar area, sunlit indoor seating and outdoor patio dining space. The menu includes antipasti, pastas, pizzas, salads, sides, tiramisu, wines and cocktails. Dish prices range from $12 - $50 and are served in smaller portions.
Quote:
Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop

Located on 2907 N Loop 1604 E STE 201, Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop sells traditional southern pies. It is part of a Nashville-based chain. Local couple Barry and Katie Crossland own the San Antonio shop, which opened on Sept. 22.
Quote:
Bakudan Ramen

A new location of Bakudan Ramen, which is owned by Hoang Le, will open in the Village Shopping Center at 22506 Hwy 281 North in Suite 106, in a former IHOP location. The projected opening date is Oct. 7.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...orth-side.html

Old 11-26-2022, 04:28 PM

62 posts, read 149,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Is the Ghirardelli closed downtown?? I saw permanently closed online but just want to confirm?? If so that blows!! Loved that place. Not surprised that a place like that would fail here “roll eyes”
I never knew there was one. They should have advertised!

Old 11-28-2022, 08:24 PM

1,032 posts, read 874,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Greyhound View Post
I never knew there was one. They should have advertised!
The only one worth its salt is the original in SF.

The rest were just bland copies. It's no big loss for San Antonio.

Old 12-20-2022, 01:00 PM

19 posts, read 24,180 times
Dave's Hot Chicken opens tomorrow at Hwy 151 and Hunt Ln.

9602 State Hwy 151, Suite 10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio