Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
It says NW San Antonio as your location and your in a Potranco/1604 thread talking about wanting this or that in that area. Do you not live in the suburbia?

I guess you missed the part where I said I don't shop at Walmart. Have I ever gone in and bought something from them? Yes. So what? Who hasn't? It's a store, are you that much of an elitist?

Btw, I have no children so no you're not and I don't live in the 1604/Potranco area which is why I hardly if ever post in this thread.
Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 06:13 PM

123 posts, read 258,100 times
Wow. I'm glad my children aren't taught by people who judge others based on where they shop.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Exactly. Me too.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Ok, hold on now... I'm not a big Walmart fan these days but some of us live on a budget and it just makes sense to do the one stop shopping. Does that make me pond scum? I thought teachers of alll people were open minded. Where you shop does not make a differance as to the type of person you are.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM

I think my point is being missed. Or maybe it is not what do I know. I could care less where anyone shops and for what reason they shop there. I do not like what WalMart stands for and how they operate their corporation. To me, personally, WalMart has nothing original about it. Initially that was my point. This area of town seems to lack orginiality. If you choose to shop there what do I care??? I choose to not shop there which is my choice just as it is your choice to shop there. Locally owned bookstores was a suggestion, amongst many other types of businesses, that could open up in this area to give it a non-strip center type of feel. That is my point. Sidenote-I teach in a Title 0ne campus so $$$$ means nothing to me.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
One would think we could use a good mom & pop used book store over in this area but the rent is to high for mom or pop.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
One would think we could use a good mom & pop used book store over in this area but the rent is to high for mom or pop.
Honestly I would love a used book store nearby. I'd probably be in there twice a week. But a previous poster made a very valid point, that places like that just don't do as well anymore due to ebooks and places like amazon and eBay.

I thought the Wal Mart comments were a bit snotty, but whatever.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 AM

Yeah, I am pretty snotty over here on my teacher's salary. You are entitled to your opinion though. If you like shopping at certain places good for you. I have done my homework on every place I shop and do not shop. If you choose certain corporations to spend your money at that it is your choice. Just like it is my choice to have an opinion on this area slowly losing its' cache and becoming like everywhere else in San Antonio.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 AM

So have I. I've come to the conclusion that it's better to reduce my carbon footprint by shopping close to my house rather than driving all over town trying to find a small, locally owned store to buy my toilet paper.

My point was that just because someone shops at Walmart doesn't mean they are uneducated, unethical or boring. I support my local economy when I can, but unfortunately those places don't do well, especially when everyone is trying to save a buck.

This thread is veering off topic now, I just don't see the point in criticizing others for where they chose to shop.

I think it would be great to have more independently owned stores and restaurants in this area. Considering the fact that this is the 'burbs and everyone talks about how dumpy this area is, I don't really see that happening.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Secondly, if you do shop at Wal Mart that tells me everything I need to know about you.
And what is that? I want to hear what generalization you're going to throw on hundred of thousands of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio