Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 09:21 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,012,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Over and over?? Cruz is only in his first term dude. Anyone who has ever had to work with the guy knows the guy is a sniveling little weasel who panders to the man who insulted his wife and pushed wild conspiracy theories about his father. Cruz is the textbook definition of a sellout desperate to keep his career as a politician going at any cost. His senate colleagues will be glad to be rid of him.
Yes. Over and over. He won the senate race, the Texas 2016 primaries, and he got more votes in these primaries than all democrats together.

"Cruz is the textbook definition of a sellout"
That would be you, assuming you aren't lying about being a "conservative"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 09:37 PM

894 posts, read 1,548,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
One more thing... Trump 2020!!
You want to support a guy who said he wanted to drain the swamp, but did the opposite. Republicans used to be fiscal conservatives (something that made me vote Republican in the first place), but this administration and Congress have exploded the deficit like never before! And the tariffs, if they continue, will cripple our economy. People are already losing their jobs. Space Force? OMG! What a bunch of hogwash.
For me, a conservative choice is John Kasich.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:22 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,352,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis32801 View Post
Anywho.....back on topic. I've only lived here since May, but what I love and hate about SA?

Love the cheap drinks! Friendly people. Low cost of food. Lower cost of apartment rent. Cheap good Mexican food.

Hate the landscape (like a giant parking lot), no lush green trees, dusty (can never keep my car clean), no Asian district (bad Vietnamese options), disconnected downtown area, and ridiculous home prices near downtown for what the district offers (can't wait for a housing crash)
It sounds like you picked a new area around 1604?

San Antonio has one of the largest urnban tree canopies in the states.

The dust can be bad near new development and we had a very unusual amount of African dust this year, but this is not the norm.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:23 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,352,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
You want to support a guy who said he wanted to drain the swamp, but did the opposite. Republicans used to be fiscal conservatives (something that made me vote Republican in the first place), but this administration and Congress have exploded the deficit like never before! And the tariffs, if they continue, will cripple our economy. People are already losing their jobs. Space Force? OMG! What a bunch of hogwash.
For me, a conservative choice is John Kasich.
You still sound angry.

FYI the best place to vent is the Political areas of CD.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:58 PM

269 posts, read 181,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
It sounds like you picked a new area around 1604?

San Antonio has one of the largest urnban tree canopies in the states.

The dust can be bad near new development and we had a very unusual amount of African dust this year, but this is not the norm.
No, I'm near the pearl. I would like to live further north near hill country but don't think I want to deal with commute to Sam Houston base. One more negative item, it's expensive to fly (not a big air hub).

Old 08-13-2018, 05:51 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times
Quote:
No, I'm near the pearl. I would like to live further north near hill country but don't think I want to deal with commute to Sam Houston base. One more negative item, it's expensive to fly (not a big air hub).

The commute hasn't historically been too bad, however, the latest construction projects along I-10 are causing daily backups. The bright spot is that once these projects are complete, I-10 will be 4 lanes wide in each direction, from Ralph Fair to 1604. This will include one HOV lane in each direction. Eventually, the 4 lane project will extend all the way to Boerne. Out past Ralph Fair, there has been extensive work all the way to Boerne. When complete, all of the overpasses will be widened to a least 2 lanes each direction, and with protected turn-around lanes. The frontage roads from Ralph Fair to Fair Oaks Pkwy switch to one way on Aug 19.

I live near Fair Oaks Pkwy, and it takes me around 30 minutes to get to Fort Sam in the morning. I leave around 6am to beat the rush. Huge difference in departing at 0600 and 0615. The traffic piling onto I-10 at Ralph Fair, and Boerne Stage Road increases dramatically. I leave around 4pm, and with the construction, it takes me around 40 minutes to get home.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 AM

707 posts, read 1,846,567 times
Quote:
Anywho.....back on topic. I've only lived here since May, but what I love and hate about SA?

Love the cheap drinks! Friendly people. Low cost of food. Lower cost of apartment rent. Cheap good Mexican food.

Hate the landscape (like a giant parking lot), no lush green trees, dusty (can never keep my car clean), no Asian district (bad Vietnamese options), disconnected downtown area, and ridiculous home prices near downtown for what the district offers (can't wait for a housing crash)
No trees? Maybe where you are. I do agree that some industrialized parts a just plain ugly.
There’s no Asian area, but you can find good food if you try enough restaurants!! If you like Korean food, there’s a great Korean market near Ft. Sam that has a tiny restaurant inside. Or, if you take a trip to Houston, there are LOTS of Vietnamese options.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:24 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,559,856 times
Quote:

Depends where you are. My yard is covered with 70 year old + trees forming a canopy so thick nothing grows in the shade but we do like the shade.

This summer we had a bad dust storm that came from Africa. Hit this area hard. But yeah, can get dusty with the dryness.

Owning a house near downtown with insane jumps in property taxes, I wouldn't mind a housing crash either!

Old 08-14-2018, 07:59 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
He is against guns. This is undeniable...
Based on what? Is he against all guns, or just some? Does he want to take them away from everyone, or just certain people? Be accurate and specific or just stop.
I'm so tired of this method of discourse in politics. Trump is against all POC, Obama hates Christians, Trump hates poor people, Hillary is evil, and on and on it goes.
Use your brain, do some research, spread the facts, not hyperbole.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:18 PM

269 posts, read 181,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
No trees? Maybe where you are. I do agree that some industrialized parts a just plain ugly.
There’s no Asian area, but you can find good food if you try enough restaurants!! If you like Korean food, there’s a great Korean market near Ft. Sam that has a tiny restaurant inside. Or, if you take a trip to Houston, there are LOTS of Vietnamese options.
When I said trees, I meant a greenery scenary. Granted I've only been near my downtown bubble, but considering Broadway street is the premier road in SA, there is just hardly any green landscape. And government hill us just hideous.

Yea, that Seoul Korean marketplace is awesome. And Oh, I know Houston Vietnamese options. But a 6 hr round trip to buy some good munchies is beyond much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio