Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times

Advertisements

What the hell is wrong with people?
2-week-old baby stabbed to death (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/2-week-old_baby_stabbed_to_death.html - broken link)

Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,363,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
What the hell is wrong with people?
2-week-old baby stabbed to death (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/2-week-old_baby_stabbed_to_death.html - broken link)
I can't read it. the title is enough! What IS wrong with some people? Spawned out of pure evil no doubt.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I don't know about that.. I've been in Houston several times and there were plenty of bad one, but not even close to the quality of bad ones we have here.
RD....lol...in all fairness, "several times" in Houston isn't a good comparison. People in Dallas and Houston drive crazy fast compared to here. And people complain about the layout of the city here. Houston by far has the most confusing street layout I've ever seen. They do have to navigate all those waterways and bayous, however, but that's no excuse for rabid tailgating and blowing pass other drivers during rush hour going 90! Thank goodness for a lot of the construction going on there. At least it's slowing some of the idiots down.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:01 AM

Default Mexican garden statues

I am so tired of what's PC and what's not. I have a question here. We have some friends who are really fun. Some friends gave them an old Mexican garden statue...you know, the old traditional "Siesta" statue of the guy with the Sombrero and Mexican clothes? You often see them with the little donkey and cart. It was super cute and fun...just like this couple. They loved it and wanted to put it in the front of their house. This couple is not Hispanic....and someone at the party said they would be inviting trouble to put that in front of their house, unless they were Hispanic. What? Seriously? This is South Texas! Mexican decorations are everywhere! So would this be ok if the couple was Hispanic? Or is this just tasteless now, sort of like the Frito Bandito was run out of town? My head hurts trying to figure out this stuff. This really took the fun out of the birthday party.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:08 AM

No PC here anymore. Sick and tired of it. The reigning Mr. President is not PC--obviously or he wouldn't have pissed off thousands of cops last week with his "acted stupidly" comment--so why should I bother to be?

Old 07-26-2009, 11:32 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,326 times
Quote:
It's really a lot of fun.......even the cheesy stuff like doing the "Y-M-C-A" dance, and singing "Sweet Caroline"--in fact, my son was completely disappointed that they didn't do "Sweet Caroline" on Friday and I had to tell him that I think they just didn't have time between the game and giving away all those cars.....I'm hoping that song is a regular feature.

We were sitting in the next section over from this lady that got whacked in the forehead by a foul ball....turns out that was the SECOND time she was hit that night. Sonny Melendrez blogged about it on mysa.com--she got hit in the stomach on her way in and then again in her seat. When asked why she didn't just go home she said "They haven't given away all the cars yet!" LOL glad she's OK--she got right up and outta there when we saw her get hit. She looked kinda mad but I guess after 2 I would have been, too. She SHOULD have gotten a car!

Oh, and the puffy taco is just gross.
We have tix for tonight's game. Apparently they're debuting a new mascot called Chorty the Chorizo. Talk about GROSS. Ew, ew.

We've seen many people get nailed in the head, and have seen several get carted off to the hospital. That's why there's that notice on the back of the ticket. I know I'm always hypervigilant in our front row seats!

ETA: Sweet Caroline has been a regular feature for at least 2-3 seasons, maybe more.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 AM

They debuted Chorty last night! I am sure he'll make an appearance tonight, though. We didn't go, but I'm seriously considering season tickets for next year. It's just so much fun. I will invest in some type of cushioning--I thought I brought enough of my own, but nope. Especially when the game goes for 12 innings. I start to wish for an epidural after about 4 and a half.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,707,600 times
Does this mean, sapphire, that you're starting to like...baseball??? Only smart people like baseball, a thinking man's game. All other sports are for...well...ahem...I'll go now. Cya!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:40 AM

I've always liked baseball. I just can't bear watching it on TV. It's just not as exciting as being there, at least to me. Plus, I love the whole "playing for the love of the game thing" at this level.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:42 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,326 times
Quote:
I've always liked baseball. I just can't bear watching it on TV. It's just not as exciting as being there, at least to me. Plus, I love the whole "playing for the love of the game thing" at this level.
Right there with ya on the bolded, Sapphy! I do like to watch it on tv, though, and to listen to it on the radio - that's leftover from my childhood, watching and listening with my dad.

Hey, I also stand corrected - Chorty debuted LAST night (just saw it posted by the Missions on Facebook).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio