Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:20 AM

41 posts, read 83,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBella View Post
Does San Antonio have a BJ's Brewery. I was in Denver at their restaurant tonite. Ordered the mini fried artichokes for appetizer (yummy) Chicken Marsala for entree, had to send it back. The noodles were barely warm, chicken tasted like it had been thawed and refrozen a few times. Waiter asked what I wanted instead, went with New England clam chowder. The manager served it to me, apologized for the problems and comped the appetizer. unfortunately the chowder was salty but I did not want to say anything more. I did like the artichokes and the wine. Would not mind trying this place again, see if it improves
I believe there is one at Alamo Ranch on 1604 and Culebra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 AM

874 posts, read 2,894,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy6958 View Post
I believe there is one at Alamo Ranch on 1604 and Culebra.
Also one in Stone Oak area - 1604 and TPC Pkwy.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:50 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
Barriba, located in the old Riverwalk Starbucks property.

I'll leave the full review of mine on UrbanSpoon for those who are interested, but it was not worth the time or money. I can't recommend it and can only say that it will be beaten up by the surrounding Mexican concepts that not only serve better food, but have better service too.

Highly NOT recommended.

BN

Old 09-14-2011, 03:54 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,411 times
moderin, with a spray-paint edge? not sure wth that means, but if it looks like spray paint anything, that would seem like reason enough to stay away.

9$ for adult beverage, or regular? if either, id say thats frickin insane and would have rather left at that point, rather than overpay for mediocre food.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 AM

246 posts, read 433,686 times
Monterey again last night. Croweded but cool, perfect night.

Frito Pie Poboy.......be ready to share. It is great. Liked the succotash and pigs feet also.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
We were doing our Anniversary "on the cheap" last night, so went to Liberty Bar for dinner. Of course I ordered whiskey on-the-rocks (since they're "Famous for Steaks and Whiskey"). It musta sat at the bar for quite a while before delivered to me, cuz DANG it was watered down! Otherhalf ordered the rib eye with sautéed mushrooms for the side. I had blackened salmon and steamed broccoli. Otherhalf ended up with mashed potatoes instead of mushrooms (didn't send it back, since he likes them, too), and he said his steak was "meh". I felt that my salmon was "meh" as well, tho the broccoli was perfect (I'm weird, I LOVE steamed broccoli). We ordered a slice of Pecan Praline pie to split, and it was also just "meh". Sadly, our last experience there several months ago was also "meh". Service was great, food and drink not so great.

Drove over to the Pearl, parked and walked along the river quite a bit, and stopped at La Gloria for a drink and some flan. The drinks there are delish and the flan was delight. There was also a tequila company gives samples and that was yum. Our server was FANTASTIC (as was our server the previous time we were there)!!! I LOVE La Gloria and think that's gonna be our go-to place! Just another reason why I wish we lived in the area!!

Old 09-17-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Of course I ordered whiskey on-the-rocks (since they're "Famous for Steaks and Whiskey")
Actually, it's Josephine St Grill that has those neon signs in their windows... LB was next door. Good to see that you had an okay experience at the new location in Southtown, as I've had massive failures the last few visits. Won't be going back. Liberty Bar (or, their original spirit) is dead.

BN

Old 09-17-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Actually, it's Josephine St Grill that has those neon signs in their windows... LB was next door. Good to see that you had an okay experience at the new location in Southtown, as I've had massive failures the last few visits. Won't be going back. Liberty Bar (or, their original spirit) is dead.

BN
DOH!!!! I meant Josephine St. Ugh. (Dunno why I said Liberty Bar, other than that we were talking about missing them at the old place {haven't visited the new location, due to all the lackluster reviews}.) Have you visited the new establishment in the old Liberty Bar house? I can't remember reading anything about it.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
DOH!!!! I meant Josephine St. Ugh. (Dunno why I said Liberty Bar, other than that we were talking about missing them at the old place {haven't visited the new location, due to all the lackluster reviews}.) Have you visited the new establishment in the old Liberty Bar house? I can't remember reading anything about it.

No prob. I've mixed them up a few times myself

I have been to Boehlers- I did a review of it on UrbanSpoon and pretty much found it to be bland, comfort-based food. The space is still full of personality, even if the new wait staff and food have none. It's sad to see Liberty Bar pushed out, homogenized in Southtown and then replaced with an eatery that's nothing to write home about. Boo.

BN

Old 09-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Ah. Guess I won't bother with Boehlers either, then. Too bad. And yeah, I had high hopes for the new LB. But, I guess it's a blessing in disguise, since I didn't need yet ANOTHER reason to want to live in Southtown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio