Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 10:47 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Ended up at Henry's Puffy Taco. Ehh......
You know there is a Henry's Puffy Taco II open at his original location @ Bandera & Woodlawn. Food is ok and it's alot less crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 01:43 PM

161 posts, read 330,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
Nemo's. It's a new seafood place at Potranco and Loop 1604. They just opened this week. The food was very good! I had the Nemo's Special which includes a few shrimp, two pieces of fish, scallops, oysters and a stuffed crab. $15.99. It was way too much to eat, but I figured since its a new place, I'd have what they consider to be their specialty item. They have a bar, too, which you could easily walk right by without seeing on your first visit. The service was a little shaky, but it's the first week; they'll get that fixed. We'll go back.
Thanks for the info. What is nearby to Nemos? I'm trying to figure out where they built it.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:46 PM

239 posts, read 442,236 times
^^^ its at the Madison Market.....the shopping center that is across from Walmart. That shopping center has Game Stop, A driving school, Jack In The Box, etc...

Im gonna eat at Nemo's tonite...i will post up a review on it after the fact.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:16 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,917,103 times
Went to El Guacamole this evening. The place is small but exceptionally clean. I ordered the chicken fajita plate which comes with boracho beans, rice, and a guacamole salad. The quality was as close to home made as I've had in San Antonio in the past 60 years. The only issue, the portions are SMALL. If you've eaten at Rodeo Jalisco, the portions are about 1/3 of that. You almost couldn't find the chicken on the plate. But what was there was not overly salted like most places and seemed to be fresh like everything else on the plate. They also do not serve chips and salsa unless you're paying for it which is not the usual in SA. The chicken fajita plate was $7.95. While the food was great, I doubt many will come back to it. Folks in SA like to pay for a full plate.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:27 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,168 times
I had the same plate at El Guacamole. When we went during lunch they brought us chips/salsa w/o charging us.

Nemos- can't wait to hear the review. Curious to know if its a pricey place also.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:17 AM

229 posts, read 672,373 times
The wife and I ate at Ruby Tuesday's off of Wurzbach. I had the Prime Cheeseburger, very good. Wife had the mini burgers with salad bar. Salad bar looked pretty decent, she said her burgers were good. We will definitely be going back.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 AM

581 posts, read 1,187,690 times
Godai last Friday. GF is a sushi fiend, me so-so. Had a sashimi platter between the both of us. Fish tasted fresh and price was good considering it had whitefish and squid which tend to be a little pricey. We both enjoyed the food and ambience. GF parcipated in the happy hour but since I dont drink, i'll have to take her word that she "superly" enjoyed the sake...maybe a wee bit too much.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,170,550 times
Cheesecake Factory on Friday..

I had the Shrimp Bacon Club with Sweet Potato Fries
GF had the Louisiana Pasta..

Both were really good... we took a slice of Coconut Cheesecake home for later.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:15 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
You know there is a Henry's Puffy Taco II open at his original location @ Bandera & Woodlawn. Food is ok and it's alot less crowded.
I went there for lunch a few weeks and it was awful, the tacos were expensive with little meat. The meat was bland and not very hot, I took the tacos back and the guy thought I was crazy. But funny saw someone else also take the food back, so not good at all.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,239 times
A roundup from some of last week's adventures...

Bohanan's Bar-
A superb downtown spot for a crafted cocktail and a bar menu that rivals much of what others serve on their main lists. Rum-spiked, made-in-house cheesecake. Fresh charcuterie. Braised short rib. All very good, well-presented and the service is just impeccable.

The Esquire- Well, let's just say it's no Bohanan's Bar. Spotty service. Too-salty food. Great cocktails, but it took far too long to get them to the table. Not a consistent product and definitely not ready to be called one of San Antonio's finest. Hire a better staff that's not more concerned with their hipster look than actually serving well and that'll be a good start.

Zinc-
First time there and fell in love with it. Boudro's kitchen is sourcing this spot, so the menu and bar are really top notch. The escargot (in a traditional serving) and the crab cake were great. While the cocktails were a little on the weak side for the price, the flavors were superb and the mixes always fresh. I wouldn't go back to drink there, but the food was really quite good. The service seemed to warm up when they realized we weren't tourists who just stumbled into the place.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio